I want to know my fellow playground members.

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » I want to know my fellow playground members.
POLL: Did you cry or become teary?
Teary 16% (3)
Cry 5% (1)
Did not cry 58% (11)
I am too manly to cry 21% (4)
KungFuMaster
8/7/11 8:03:02PM
Here is how I will know you. You will watch a youtube video attached below .......and then you will proceed to answer the poll.

Let us have fun and be honest. For those of you who want to remain anonymous, simply cast your vote. For those who are not ashamed and or not afraid to let playground know a bit about yourself, you can cast your vote and put up a post.

I will put up my post before I call it quits today.

Here is the youtube video. Cry or not cry

The question is >> did you at any point of the video feel teary or feel like you may cry?
kopower
8/7/11 8:25:22PM
I did not cry or get teary. I think it was mainly due to seeing a similar story with Susan Boyle awhile back. I also didn't like the build up to try and get you all emotional. I also had a tough time believing that voice originated from the boy. I was a bit skeptical. So, I guess all that combined drained any emotion I might have had to the video. If that is indeed the voice of the kid, he is truly amazing.

I do get choked up from time to time with movies and inspirational stories in the news and web.
KungFuMaster
8/7/11 8:31:19PM

Posted by kopower

I did not cry or get teary. I think it was mainly due to seeing a similar story with Susan Boyle awhile back. I also didn't like the build up to try and get you all emotional. I also had a tough time believing that voice originated from the boy. I was a bit skeptical. So, I guess all that combined drained any emotion I might have had to the video. If that is indeed the voice of the kid, he is truly amazing.

I can agree with your skepticism. My friend showed me this video and I just assumed it was genuine.
KungFuMaster
8/7/11 8:46:37PM
Kopower -

I said I can agree with your skepticism but after watching it again I have come to the conclusion it is genuine - and it is not due to what is happening on stage but rather what is happening behind the judges bench. The judges are crying and so are the audience. These paid judges and audience are either really good at crying on cue or this is simply genuine.

I think it is genuine. This is the way people cry when they have been touched and lifted to a better place.
kopower
8/7/11 8:58:26PM
I understand what you are saying KFM. I've watched it a few more times, and once with my wife. She just got home and I showed her the video to see what she thought of it. She was also a bit skeptical. It may be due to the type of personalities we have. I just can't fathom that voice coming from that boy. Like I said, it is amazing if it is legit.

Back to your original topic though. I tend not to show emotion when I'm with others. The only time I really cried in front of someone, was when we had to put our dog down. I act like a manly man in front of others, but I am a bit of a softy inside. Hell, I teared up in Armageddon when Bruce Willis was talking to his daughter for the last time. Also, What Dreams May Come is one of my all time favorite movies, and I get emotional each time I watch that.
KungFuMaster
8/7/11 9:20:54PM
I am a weirdo. I have seen a lot of sad movies but they do not make me cry. One movie which made me cry was A Beautiful Mind. (The part where Nash receives the Nobel prize and gives a speech) One simple phrase from that speech made tears gushed out of my eyes and I had to wait a few minutes before coming out of the theater.

I am more prone to getting teary when I am lifted to a better place and not necessarily sad. I am a weirdo.
Theoutlaw08
8/7/11 9:26:28PM
That was pretty amazing. I felt bad and was touched by the video. KInda made me sad, pretty crazy life story.
prophecy033
8/7/11 10:33:10PM
I get teary whenever I see a parents love for their child or vice versa, a physical impairment ie. kid in a wheelchair, undying loyalty whether it be from person to person, dog to man, or man to dog. I was a wreck when I went and saw Marley & Me. That dog looked just like my old dog Bishop
ChrisSabal
8/7/11 11:13:32PM
I didn't cry but I did think it was absolutely amazing and was shocked when he started singing like that.
KungFuMaster
8/8/11 12:03:24AM

Posted by prophecy033

I get teary whenever I see a parents love for their child or vice versa, a physical impairment ie. kid in a wheelchair, undying loyalty whether it be from person to person, dog to man, or man to dog. I was a wreck when I went and saw Marley & Me. That dog looked just like my old dog Bishop

That is because you are more human than some. You are selfless and you have been brought up well by your parents. You will not hesitate to risk your life to save a love one or even a perfect stranger. The simple fact you can place yourself in others' shoes and be sympathetic about the situation goes to show you are selfless. You will help your friends and love ones and expect nothing in return.

In the precipice, people like you will become heroes and play critical roles in critical situations if and when the time comes.

I pride myself in being able to read and judge people accurately. I hope I am not too far off in my assessment of you.

Chael_Sonnen
8/8/11 12:42:09AM
A tad moved, but myself, I'm not capable of crying.
KungFuMaster
8/8/11 12:59:51AM
Tears literally gushed out of my eyes during this speech.

I am a weirdo..

A beautiful mind
DeadHead988
8/8/11 2:44:46AM
I've seen so many stories like that on those talent shows that they've pretty much become cliche and boring.
KungFuMaster
8/8/11 12:37:39PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

A tad moved, but myself, I'm not capable of crying.

You are truly a Chael Sonnen.

I am more of a Forrest Griffin or Mike Brown. I win, I cry. I lose, I cry.
KungFuMaster
8/8/11 12:44:46PM
For those who did not cry or become teary, I do not blame you. It is a youtube video after all and the subtitle does not help its cause either. The only real way to test your emotions is to have you there in the audience.

I am just a sucker for touchy and inspiring stories.