I know its early but.....Randy vs Cro Cop??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » I know its early but.....Randy vs Cro Cop??
hathcock32
3/4/07 2:19:01AM
I coudent help myself. Right after the fight was over i was asking myself, can Randy do this agianst a guy like Cro Cop. If all goes well and Cro Cop beats Gonzaga. I think he can do the unthinkable and beat Cro Cop...at least im not counting him out
Huckit
3/4/07 2:38:57AM
crocop>chuck>randy
loller90278
3/4/07 2:41:06AM
sure randy deserves credit but in no stretch of imagination could randy take crocop.. crocops sprawl is similar to chucks and he hits harder, more accurate.

it'll be a good fight tho
crocop via tko (strikes)
hippysmacker
3/4/07 3:08:45AM
I would never say no stretch of the imagination after Sokoudjou/Lil Nog I agree that is a completely different fight though. I think the biggest reason( besides His huge heart) that Randy won this fight is because Sylvia's hands weren't fast enough to consistently hit him. I think cro-cop would win , but I am pulling ( and if I can get good odds) , and betting on Randy
Trapt1nw0nder
3/4/07 3:18:30AM
dude...now that i saw Randy tonight.....man...whoooa...

i didnt think Randy would even come close to taking Sylvia down since we all know Sylvia's takedown defense is great,but Randy was dropping him down like a warm knife through butter!

that was the best i have ever seen randy..i thought he was gonna gas by the 4th round and he never did,he just kept on coming!....so,i would never count randy out again even against Crocop!

EDIT:....this is my 666 post....thats not good
madmarck
3/4/07 9:36:08AM
someone said that Dana did a Raido interview last week. And said that the winner of Couture/Sylvia would face the winner of Cro Cop/ Gonzaga. So randy is either gonna face a Big BJJ guy or a awesome Striker. I think he has his work cut out for him. Big time.
zephead
3/4/07 10:52:23AM
The problem I see with Tim is, he doesn't seem to be focused. He doesn't have that game face that fighters have. I just don't see him going to the cage with a face that says "Game On!".

After his loss to Mir, where he got his forearm broken, Tim just doesn't seem to be the same fighter. He fights to not to lose.

After his loss to Mir, he KO'ed Wes Sims ( ) at Super Brawl 38. The he lost to Arlovski by submission (after getting dropped) He TKO'ed Mike Block at IFC and then the Tra KO with the headkick. He landed the lucky punch on Arlovski, after getting dropped, and then 3 straight lackluster decisions, 2 wins and a lost.

Tim has to somehow get that fire back and I think that's what Randy saw. Randy's comments of "Tim doesn't fight to finish it." might have been Randy seeing that Tim doesn't have the fire anymore.

Berti
3/4/07 12:54:23PM
crocop first round tko, ko...still even after what he did to silvia.
madmarck
3/4/07 12:58:24PM
Doesnt anyone else still want to see Tim get a LHK to the head from Cro Cop?
Kazmierz21
3/4/07 1:09:22PM

Posted by madmarck

Doesnt anyone else still want to see Tim get a LHK to the head from Cro Cop?

Oh that would be great - I'd love to see his huge noggin get wobbled and see him fall from a Cro Cop death kick
Jeffanori-Gomi
3/4/07 3:06:09PM
By the last Pride and this UFC Im never counting anyone out. I think CC has a great chance of winning but Randy is the man.
Mayo
3/4/07 3:37:03PM
I think the UFC is saying "oh sh^#t!, we signed Crop Cop for a ton of cash, and now we don't really need him from a business perspective" ...since Couture has the best brand image they could ever ask for. Now they have CC and Couture... two great household names and one of them has to be eliminated. Talking about being between a rock and a hard place. It will be sad to say goodbye to either of those two fighters
shawneth
3/4/07 3:52:35PM

Posted by loller90278

sure randy deserves credit but in no stretch of imagination could randy take crocop.. crocops sprawl is similar to chucks and he hits harder, more accurate.

it'll be a good fight tho
crocop via tko (strikes)

Yeah but Chuck couldnt stop Randy's takedowns either so i dont think sprawl is going to help Cro-Cop that much. That being said, I think Cro-Cop will be able to get up after being taken down(just like chuck) and eventually knock out Randy.
Zekeil
3/4/07 3:54:55PM
Randy put Chuck on his back easily but Chuck gets back up better than Cro Cop does.
I would bet on Randy for sure. I see him taking CC down and controling him on the ground the whole fight. Randy will not try and stand with CC like he did Sylvia, he's smarter than that. If Randy takes CC down it's done.
migo
3/4/07 5:18:49PM

Posted by Mayo

I think the UFC is saying "oh sh^#t!, we signed Crop Cop for a ton of cash, and now we don't really need him from a business perspective" ...since Couture has the best brand image they could ever ask for. Now they have CC and Couture... two great household names and one of them has to be eliminated. Talking about being between a rock and a hard place. It will be sad to say goodbye to either of those two fighters

they actually did fine when Randy beat Chuck and went on to fight Tito. But they could change their game plan a bit and have Mirko fight Tim first just so we can see him KO Tim. On the flip side they might not want to risk a Mirko loss until he fights Randy. If he loses to Randy then it's ok. If Randy loses to Mirko he's still quite marketable.
SteedTheDeed
3/5/07 12:18:15AM
that would be crazy if randy got past mirko, i hope he can do it.
wkm311
3/5/07 12:37:01PM

Posted by Huckit

crocop>chuck>randy

MMA math doesnt work.....but I would say Cro Cop by nasty straight left....
madmarck
3/5/07 12:45:52PM

Posted by wkm311

Posted by Huckit

crocop>chuck>randy

MMA math doesnt work.....but I would say Cro Cop by nasty straight left....

Its MMAth...... hello, j/k and yeah it does not work at all
Randy>Tim> Ricco>Randy wait WTF this doesnt work......hmmmmmmmm
cowcatcher
3/5/07 1:21:47PM
it would really hurt to see randy lose to CC after the way he handled tim, and even though CC is my favorite fighter(outside of pat miletich) i dont think i could help but cheer for randy. as a fan it's going to be a shame to see either of those guys lose, but common sense tells me CC has a very big advantage in that fight.
mkiv9secsupra
3/5/07 1:41:00PM
randy wont last past 2 rounds with CC...couture is going to try for the take down and as soon as he does CC is going to give him the left kick from hell and hes out..not to say randy will not dominate 90% of the ufc HW's but CC is too much.
pv3Hpv3p
3/5/07 2:00:31PM
I didn't count Randy out in the Sylvia fight and I won't count him out for this one either...

Alot of Randy's takedowns come from the clinch, which makes them more difficult to defend and can take away any advantage of having a good sprawl because he won't be diving in for a leg as much...

What really impressed me was Randy's ability to literally man handle the much bigger guy in Sylvia... CC is not much larger than Couture and probably only has about 10 lbs on him...

If Randy can get inisde and control the fight, he will get the UD just because he's so good at impossing his will if giving the opportunity... But if he can't get in on CC then he loses by KO, my guess would be the third.
Savy
3/5/07 2:27:18PM
That fight against big, slow Timmy, played out exactly how i expected.
They fight 10 times, you'd see the same thing 9 times.
Lets be realistic: Randy does NOT stand a chance against Mirko. It is a very very very bad matchup for Couture.
Mirko is a bigger, stronger, harder hitting Chuck Liddel. CC's takedown defense is the best in the game. Mirko eats wrestlers for breakfast.
Remember how Mirko handled Coleman?
Couture will not be able to close the distance against Mirko.
Yeah, I know; Randy's striking is certainly a notch or two above Coleman's. But The Natural will never be able to use that over-hand right so effectively against CC.
If they eventually fight, I'll bet every dollar I have on CC 1st rd TKO.
LEAD PIPE LOCK
jaba
3/5/07 2:28:46PM

Posted by Zekeil

Randy put Chuck on his back easily but Chuck gets back up better than Cro Cop does.
I would bet on Randy for sure. I see him taking CC down and controling him on the ground the whole fight. Randy will not try and stand with CC like he did Sylvia, he's smarter than that. If Randy takes CC down it's done.

No way couture will get past cro cops guard if he does get him down, if Fedor couldnt i dont see Couture pullin it off. Couture is good but i think people are overatin him now just cuz he beat sylvia, a hugely overated fighter. Crocop by KO/TKO.
BrAeDeN91
3/6/07 12:42:43AM
thats the only reason why i did not want to see randy beat tim, because then he has to fight cro cop. i cant see that going well for randy.