How to know if you're Good at Picking Fights

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » How to know if you're Good at Picking Fights
POLL: Which Rule is Better
1 28% (10)
2 8% (3)
3 33% (12)
31% (11)
hotrodttt
5/4/08 7:14:44PM
This is a little thing I made up

1. You're not biased when it comes to your Favorite Fighter battling someone who overmatches them by far. For example if your Favorite Fighter is Caol Uno and he's fighting Gomi and you know that Gomi will Win but you like Uno so much but you pick Gomi anyways and he Wins, then that is a sign that you make Great choices.

2. Always Pick your Gut Instinct than your Heart instinct, Say if Sakuraba is Fighting Dong Sik Yoon and your Gut tells you go with Yoon, but all of your fauth lies in Saku but you picks Yoon and he Wins then that is another sign that you make Great Picks.

3. You never take an undeafted Fighter who has nobody Wins on his record against an established Fighter with Good names on his Record. For example, when Jason Reinhardt fought Joe Lauzon a lot of people were telling me that Jason was going to Tool Joe but in reverse he got Tooled.

4. Another Rule is that If a Grappler with no Wrestling Skills goes up against a Striker with Great Wrestling then go with the Striker with Great Wrestling. A Great example of this is Chuck Liddell vs Vernon White, Chuck had the Great Striking and Wrestling and got the Win. Styles make Match Ups

So stick to these 3 rules and you'll be at The Top in no Time, Tell me what you think
juanez13
5/4/08 7:19:06PM
Maybe you should try that Yourself
hotrodttt
5/4/08 7:23:37PM

Posted by juanez13

I always do, I've Finished in the Top in most events and In the Seconadary League I'm always in the Top 50
jiujitsufreak74
5/4/08 7:25:42PM
i like rule 1, it shows you are level headed and aren't swayed easily. what i do is that i break number 2 a lot because i am able to convince myself of an outcome because my heart wants it. like when i was for some reason convinced Joe Daddy would beat BJ...

but, i am able to think level-headedly for secondary league and do much better there
Aaronno9
5/4/08 7:27:38PM
Rule one is good but i always break it. I picked rich to beat anderson in the rematch, even though i know almost 100% anderson was walking out with the W. Albeit i figured it would be a closer fight that it was.
Pookie
5/5/08 4:47:21AM
3 is a great rule
Aaronno9
5/5/08 6:32:55AM

Posted by Pookie

3 is a great rule

I dunno how people where picking jason and joe. I kinda gained a little respect for him for stepping up and fighting sombody with a winning record for once, but since that fight hes fought a guy making his pro debut and a guy whos 0-5. I mean, i just really dont know what hes trying to achieve and i find it difficult to have any respect for the guy at all.
Kracker_Jap
5/5/08 10:38:48AM
I Have my own rules....

Less tatoos > More tatoos

Fights in the US > Fights in Japan (Record wise)

Rock music > Rap music

NewSkool > Old school

There are more rules to my rule but this is the foundation to my picks....

I don't want to give up all my secrets
CantAndleDaRiddum
5/5/08 11:20:06AM

Posted by juanez13

Zing!
Pookie
5/5/08 1:13:06PM
The Thiago Rule: When in doubt, pick the fighter named Thiago.

iwannabesedated
5/5/08 6:57:31PM
You dont have a gay Avatar that someone else gave you...

No offence Pookie...But next Av let me know who your picking so i can pick against him...
Pookie
5/5/08 7:13:03PM
I miss the hot bouts, i get everything else pretty accurately
Kracker_Jap
5/5/08 9:01:29PM

Posted by Pookie

Is that really you on your avatar???

Cool glasses
LightsOut33093
5/6/08 6:49:34PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Posted by Pookie

Is that really you on your avatar???

Cool glasses

No its not pookie on his avatar, I just gave him another gay guy labeled "hard gay" as his avatar
EON
5/7/08 6:09:46AM
pookie is a chick
Pookie
5/7/08 9:16:24PM

Posted by EON

pookie is a chick

Im not a chick.
iwannabesedated
5/7/08 9:26:11PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by EON

pookie is a chick

Im not a chick.

Uh oh...looks like someone has a man crush..

Always pick the guy that has a picture or a BIO on sherdog..
89vision
5/8/08 2:52:46AM
when you have a good pick record.....
EON
5/8/08 2:56:32AM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

no offense to whatever gender he or she is but what guy names themself pookie......

besides he or she says he or she dosnt masturbate in the masturbation thread in the padded room, either the girlfriend is never gone or its a woman who dosnt do it (or lies about doing it)
Pookie
5/8/08 3:09:17AM

Posted by EON

no offense to whatever gender he or she is but what guy names themself pookie......

besides he or she says he or she dosnt masturbate in the masturbation thread in the padded room, either the girlfriend is never gone or its a woman who dosnt do it (or lies about doing it)

Ive had that nickname since my freshman year in high school, for reasons that i probably cant post in this forum

It was a Musterbation thread, and chicks finger themselves all the time dude.
I call all my female co-workers naughty fingers because of it.
chubbud22
5/8/08 3:32:32AM
Pookie has the Avatar because of a bet. I have one on BJ Penn. Do some research before you call someone a chick.
EON
5/8/08 4:01:04AM

Posted by Pookie

Ive had that nickname since my freshman year in high school, for reasons that i probably cant post in this forum

whatever not a big deal, i really dont care, but seriously you got off topic tho with that last part tho lol

Posted by chubbud22

Pookie has the Avatar because of a bet. I have one on BJ Penn. Do some research before you call someone a chick.

first of all mind your business, second of all....who said anything about an avatar?

Pookie
5/8/08 4:03:31AM

Posted by EON

Posted by Pookie

whatever not a big deal, i really dont care, but seriously you got off topic tho with that last part tho lol

It is true though, i use to get in trouble for it... but now my boss thinks its endearing
prozacnation1978
5/9/08 7:51:06PM
nice season rank there!!!

but you are right in most of those rules, go with your gut instinct, do your homework on the fighters, their style,

don't be biased or play favorites that is how i lost the vera vs slyvia fight,
and don't go by what the experts pick i i have alot a handful cause i changed picks at the last second went with experts over my own, like
picking sokou over machida
and my biggest error picking gabriel to beat randy after i had randy winning for like 3 months prior,

this last one i went 10-1
people picked starnes to win, i stayed with nate
stayed with maia based on that he is the best on the ground, and his background is just screaming potential star in the making,
stayed with clementi,

in april fight night i had my worst ass beating since ufc knockout, went 7-5
lost some fights stayed with houston cause i was playing favorites as well as frankie and karo. i should have known i did win the hamill and ken flo matches.

last season was my first one, was in top 900, which doesn't sound to bad since i missed one event,
set my goal to be in top 200 this year, then moved it too top 100. i am dioing okay but i think ufc 84 and ufc 85 will be tough picks, i see alot of upsets written all over it.

it's not really the wins, put the points i do well in, i predict alot of rounds/ finshes really good. it is hard and tempted to bet really money, but i think if i do i will start losing.

good topic though
jiujitsufreak74
5/10/08 1:20:34AM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by EON

lol, that was the musterbation thread as pookie mentioned. it is about thinking if certain things "must" happen. i made it for my AP psych class lol.
FrankTheTank1181
5/11/08 8:47:27PM
I definetly like the 1st rule the most. For example, in the Jardine vs. Sliva fight coming up I really like Jardine and really want to pick him. I don't think he will win so I think I need to pick Silva, even though Jardine is one of my faves.
holt8081
5/12/08 11:30:59PM
if you get them all right.
Kpro
5/13/08 4:26:26AM

Posted by EON

Pookie is definitely not a chick.

But when I closed my eyes and pretended, it felt about the same.
iwannabesedated
5/13/08 9:28:12PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by EON

Pookie is definitely not a chick.

But when I closed my eyes and pretended, it felt about the same.