'King Mo' Lawal camp narrows list to one culprit in positive steroid test

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » 'King Mo' Lawal camp narrows list to one culprit in positive steroid test
Kpro
1/24/12 2:47:38AM
A list describing the supplements and medications that light heavyweight Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal used prior to his appearance at "Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Jardine" points to a single product as the cause of his positive steroid test.

In a letter sent this past Saturday to the Nevada attorney general's office, Lawal's rep, Mike Kogan, stated that an over-the-counter testosterone supplement, S-Mass Lean Gainer, contains a chemical precursor to Drostanolone.

That's the steroid that recently landed the fighter in hot water.

LINK
Kpro
1/24/12 3:14:19AM
First we can make note of the ingredients in S-Mass Lean Gainer:

This is directly from their website:

4-Chloro-17a-Methyl-a-andro4-ene3, 17b-diol 25mg*
2a-17a-Dimethyl-5aandrost-3-one 17b-ol 10mg*
Other Ingredients:
Gelatin, Silica, Magnesium Stearate

LINK

Let's tackle "4-Chloro-17a-Methyl-a-andro4-ene3, 17b-diol 25mg" first.

"Anabolic Signaling Agent designed to promote rapid, steady gains in strength, size and power. Because the main active ingredient in H-MASS (4-chloro-17a-methyl-andro-4-ene-3, 17b-diol) cannot aromatize to estrogen, users can expect a dry, ripped look to compliment their gains in muscle mass and strength."

"Notice to athletes!
Professional and amateur athletes subject to performance enhancing substance testing should consult with their sanctioning body before using this product as use of this product may cause a positive drug test. The H-Roid is available online, whereas the H-Mass is available in-store only. There is NO difference between the two!"

LINK

Now let's tackle "2a-17a-Dimethyl-5aandrost-3-one
17b-ol 10mg" next.

2a,17a-dimethyl-5a-androst-3-one-17b-ol (Superdrol)

Superdrol is a powerful anabolic designer steroid brought to market in 2005, however due pressure by the FDA, the original Superdrol was pulled and is no longer available. Like many other compounds, it has been made available again through the production of clones such as M-Drol (Competetive Edge Labs) and Methadrol (iForce Nutrition).

Superdrol is perhaps the most powerful compound available on the legal market, as well as one of the most toxic. Superdrol is only for advanced users that previous experience with prohormone cycles and several years of proper lifting and dieting.

LINK

I'm literally just Googling the ingredients in S-Mass and every link shows it as something you're going to pop dirty for and there's explicit warnings for athletes to "consult with their sanctioning body before using this product as use of this product may cause a positive drug test"

The only reason I'm posting this is to show how obvious it is that S-Mass Lean Gainer contains ingredients that you're probably going to pop dirty for, and there's really no way not to know it unless you didn't look at the ingredients at all. This isn't a case where the ingredients listed were legit and just happened to metabolize in the body, which can happen unbeknownst to an athlete even if the ingredients all pass the eye test against the banned PED list. And in those cases, it just sucks to be on the raw end of the deal because you'll be viewed by the public the same as someone who intentionally took steroids.

This though is pretty blatant imo if all it takes is a simple Google of the ingredients to find multiple steroids linked to similar and/or same compounds and explicit warnings regarding drug testing.

to Lawal. No wonder they have zero plans to file any sort of appeal.
Kpro
1/24/12 3:44:03AM
pmoney
1/24/12 5:27:24AM

Posted by Kpro

I propped your second post before I scrolled down and saw this.....

I laughed my ass off! Good ol' X to the Z
ianinspain
1/24/12 6:59:05AM
K-Pro - props for the investigative work
tallica62
1/24/12 8:12:52AM
The 1 culprit was that needle he kept sticking in his ass
SpiderSilva
1/24/12 11:06:37AM
god i wish this would shut his big mouth up. all that talent and he won't STFU. now PEDs and he is trying to clear his name maybe he should pay better attention to what goes in his body.
Twenty20Dollars
1/24/12 12:47:07PM
I bet it was Rampage........in a disguise who did it to him.
prophecy033
1/24/12 1:35:10PM
Good work Pro
machodog76
1/24/12 2:38:51PM
I heard it was a spy from Jon Jones' camp who snuck in and spiked his energy drink, real similar to what happened to Josh Barnet..
ghandikush
1/24/12 3:19:59PM

Posted by machodog76

I heard it was a spy from Jon Jones' camp who snuck in and spiked his energy drink, real similar to what happened to Josh Barnet..

This is classic lol..... Bur frealz, if you were trying to cheat wouldnt it make sense to try some shit like that.......
hotrodttt
1/24/12 5:16:31PM
I really doubt that he would knowingly take steroids because he's been on the competitive platform before (Ameritech wrestling) where they test and he never once came back positive. Why now?
machodog76
1/24/12 6:28:58PM
It's true BJ Penn told me at the airport.
Kpro
1/24/12 6:37:18PM

Posted by machodog76

That qualifies as 100% confirmation. College professors let you footnote your references in your dissertation as BJ Penn telling you it at the airport. I think this case is closed.
Pookie
1/24/12 8:54:51PM
'King Mo' Lawal camp narrows list to one culprit in positive steroid test - King Mo.
tmas
1/24/12 9:13:55PM
as soon as i saw the ingredients i knew it was a steroid i have studied them a lot and know just from the list the first couple are known and will make you come up dirty.
tmas
1/24/12 9:18:06PM
the problem here is that you can buy many sups that have a small trace or something in them that will come up as a steriod you can go to the mall walk into complete nutrition, throw some money on hardcore sups and you just walked out with a desinger steriod but they dont call it that, they call it a sup, or prohormone, a lot of times its not clear whats actually in there too.

machodog76
1/24/12 10:58:45PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by machodog76

That qualifies as 100% confirmation. College professors let you footnote your references in your dissertation as BJ Penn telling you it at the airport. I think this case is closed.

well...Duh. Nice job on first place for points!