Kind of a rough day for Zuffa today

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Kind of a rough day for Zuffa today
ricoj3323
9/6/08 2:48:30AM
-first karo pulls out last minute and leaves UFC 88 without a good fight with him and yoshida, thus leaving UFC 88 with 9 fights

- Then a much anticipated Machida vs. Silva fight is off of UFC 89 due to thiago Silva suffering an injury, this card is still stacked but I really wanted to see this fight and the winner would have been the real number one contender

- Last but not least WEC 36 has been moved to Nov. 5th due to a hurricane, which sucks cause I was looking forward to alot of fights on that card and now we have to wait for what seems forever now

I hope UFC 88 makes up for these unfortunate circumstances
cmill21
9/6/08 2:57:16AM

Posted by ricoj3323

-first karo pulls out last minute and leaves UFC 88 without a good fight with him and yoshida, thus leaving UFC 88 with 9 fights

- Then a much anticipated Machida vs. Silva fight is off of UFC 89 due to thiago Silva suffering an injury, this card is still stacked but I really wanted to see this fight and the winner would have been the real number one contender

- Last but not least WEC 36 has been moved to Nov. 10 due to a hurricane, which sucks cause I was looking forward to alot of fights on that card and now we have to wait for what seems forever now

UFC 89 is stacked? lol. The hurricane is more unfortunate since it could do some damage, but the Karo fight probably saved some boo's.
ricoj3323
9/6/08 3:19:38AM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by ricoj3323

- Last but not least WEC 36 has been moved to Nov. 10 due to a hurricane, which sucks cause I was looking forward to alot of fights on that card and now we have to wait for what seems forever now

UFC 89 is stacked? lol. The hurricane is more unfortunate since it could do some damage, but the Karo fight probably saved some boo's.

Yeah your crazy if you dont think UFC 89 is stacked, looks like one of the best free cards that has been on spike
Playground_Samurai
9/6/08 3:20:28AM

Posted by cmill21
UFC 89 is stacked? lol.

I'd say it's stacked. Personally, i've been looking forward to this card more so than any other upcoming or recent ones. Leben/Bisping, Cane/Sokoudjou, Vera/Jardine, Gono/Hardy, Baron/Miller, Lytle/Taylor, Davis/Kelly, Carwin, Stout..!!! All these fights are very intriguing to me. Almost every single one of those guys loves to throw down and put on a good show for the fans.

That being said, forget Zuffa, it was a rough day for us(the fans). I logged in a bit later than usual today so when I finally did, I got all of this horrible news at once. I was really looking forward to Machida/Silva, Parisyan/Yoshida, and the upcoming WEC event. I'm not going to complain too much though, we've still got UFC 88, Fight Night 15, Strikeforce, and Dream 6 all to watch within a 17 day period.
MFOTHER
9/6/08 11:24:39AM
firget zuffa, it was a tough day for the fans (me!) i am one of the few remaining karo fans, i have been asking for t silva/machida for months, and was psyched when i heard it was happenin, and i had FLOOR seats to the WEC
Jlloyd
9/6/08 12:08:05PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by ricoj3323

just what I was thinking

theres a lot of up and comers but in terms of top fights it wasn't stacked

Thago v Machida was the top fight

They need to get a good replacement in to save the card IMO

When you compare it to other cards its much weaker
prozacnation1978
9/6/08 1:16:22PM
they get 12 fights now 11 when i went in july to see 9 worthless bouts

my heart just pours out for the crowd in england

and the england curse continues....
Kastro
9/6/08 2:18:21PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by ricoj3323

lol... probably did save some boo's..

I was definitely not looking forward to this fight too much anyways, nor am I looking forward to any of Karo's fights.. the man doesn't fight to excite the crowd he fights to get the W.. and I cant stand that.

As for Thiago and Machida? Yah, that is a huge letdown... Would have truly proven who the #1 contender is and would have been a great fight, I find it kinda odd though how Thiago pulls out from the 1 fight where I think he was outmatched.. just something to think about.

Hopefully UFC 88 tonight has some fireworks, 1 less Karo fight is no problem with me!
Ronnielott4eva42
9/7/08 3:21:55AM
It's ok Rashad proved he belongs with his Highlight Reel KO. It's all good
KYGUY07
9/7/08 3:27:46AM
ufc 88 was amazing and it saved the day for zuffa, rashad proved he can hang with the best, marquardt was amazing, hendo and palhares were both impressive, and franklin looks great at 205 this card was great.