Kimbo-Tyson More Than a Heartbeat Away

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Kimbo-Tyson More Than a Heartbeat Away
Playground_Samurai
5/15/08 10:34:51PM
Though Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson still has British bomber James Thompson to contend with at EliteXC's debut with CBS on May 31, it hasn't stopped potential suitors from getting in line for a shot at the Internet legend.

Challengers like Strikeforce heavyweight contender Paul Buentello and boxing implant Eric "Butterbean" Esch have publicly voiced their interest in taking on the rising star.

But a rumored bout between "Slice" and 41-year-old former boxing champion Mike Tyson is not in the works, despite various Web site reports posted Thursday stating that the once-feared pugilist has verbally agreed to square off with Slice, 36, in the EliteXC cage.

Link
grappler0000
5/15/08 10:48:02PM
Not a big surprise. My only question is...why they are saying Kimbo is 36?
Raykill
5/15/08 11:40:01PM

Posted by grappler0000

Not a big surprise. My only question is...why they are saying Kimbo is 36?

I dont know about that, his birthday is feb. 8th 74'

But then I think he looks older then 34 as well.
Guess a hard life will do that do you.
CantAndleDaRiddum
5/15/08 11:45:05PM
this bothers me, but i will admit if it happens i'll hate all day but when time comes for the fight i'll be ordering it
Kracker_Jap
5/15/08 11:49:15PM
Iron Mike > than the internet sensation

Iron Mike KO first rd
holt8081
5/16/08 12:03:15AM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Iron Mike KO first rd

puppetmaster837
5/16/08 12:41:53AM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Iron Mike KO first rd

Iron Mike in his Prime>>>>>>Kimbo
Kimbo>>>>>>Iron Mike Now

I am a huge fan of him as a boxer from his old days. But he is nothing anymore, he wouldnt stand a chance against Kimbo. If everyone thought Ray Mercer was washed up just wait and see if this happens.
Svartorm
5/16/08 5:05:55AM
I'd bet my house on Kimbo in that fight because hes too smart to stand with him and Tyson doesn't have the heart to fight anymore. He'd end up on his back, take a few punches and settle for the losers purse.
D0wnUnd6e6r
5/16/08 6:15:33AM
Oh well if it happens it's gon be in a cage... I don't see how anyone could even consider even remotely the chance of Tyson winning this one. much like CantAndleDaRiddum i'll probly hate until the fights happens, then when it does i'll be all jacked up.
Red-Dragon
5/16/08 8:55:33AM

Posted by Svartorm

I'd bet my house on Kimbo in that fight because hes too smart to stand with him and Tyson doesn't have the heart to fight anymore. He'd end up on his back, take a few punches and settle for the losers purse.

browneye
5/16/08 9:08:04AM
Kimbo would easily beat him Tysons not the same as he used to be years ago Tyson would have easily took the fight and beat Kimbo but its not going to happen anytime soon
Mackavelli
5/16/08 1:13:09PM
If this fight happens it will kill UFC in PPVs. If Tyson does agree to do it, it will be solely for money, I doubt hell train very hard. I bet kimbo takes him down immediately and gnp him, that will bring a lot more viewers to elite xc.
seanfu
5/17/08 3:07:12PM
Tyson would throw a big bomb and be taken down instantly. Een if it hit you know Tyson wouldn't have trained hard and his punch wouldn't have that explosive speed or accuracy and if it hit you could bet Kimbo could take it anyway. At least a couple times.