Kimbo Slice video training for James Thompson Elite XC fight

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Kimbo Slice video training for James Thompson Elite XC fight
SmileR
5/13/08 9:17:13AM
Kimbo is looking impressive!

Link
jagerman_70
5/13/08 10:08:05AM
Kimbo is a beast and he will show it against Thompson
Jackelope
5/13/08 1:46:31PM
I'm usually a mild Kimbo "supporter" in the sense that he shows potential, BUT

Shadow boxing next to Bas Rutten was a bad idea. Rutten was about twice as fast as him, and his technique was about twice as good (if not 10X) Those knees Kimbo was throwing looked sad as ****. If I were a wrestler or JJ guy against him the instant he threw a knee like that I'd push his base off and take him down.

When they started hitting the focus mitts Kimbo threw a right straight and left his jaw hanging wide open. I sure hope that was just a fluke cuz an overhand right counter would have took him off his feet.

I hope he puts on a great show against Thompson, and I dont think Thompson has the striking ability to pick up on what needs to be picked up on quick enough, but he is a step up in competition from Tank and that's good.
Rollins
5/13/08 11:12:12PM
bls1919
5/14/08 8:52:17PM
Cmon Jackelope, did you watch the whole video? IT was Kimbos day off and they had a publicity traing camp public welcome kinda stuff. So cut the guy a break if he wasnt going at 100 %. I'm not trying to flame you but I wanted to say somthing. And to top it off I'm sure Bas was going all out for the camera, not a bust on him just saying. I love that these guys are working together.
chubbud22
5/14/08 11:26:00PM
You might as well crown him now. A lot of people look impressive while they train; and that doesnt mean it translates in to the cage. Until he beats someone top 10 I will not be impressed.
Kracker_Jap
5/15/08 12:48:43AM

Posted by bls1919

Cmon Jackelope, did you watch the whole video? IT was Kimbos day off and they had a publicity traing camp public welcome kinda stuff. So cut the guy a break if he wasnt going at 100 %. I'm not trying to flame you but I wanted to say somthing. And to top it off I'm sure Bas was going all out for the camera, not a bust on him just saying. I love that these guys are working together.

I agree with Jackalope.....

promo or not you should not let the old guy look that much better than you....

and if they thought it out maybe they would havenot had Bas inthe ring next to him... or that otherguy he was faster and better 2
Jackelope
5/15/08 2:07:34AM

Posted by bls1919

It's all good... I'm not flaming Kimbo, I'm just saying he showed some sloppy technique in there. I did watch the whole video, but if you're trying to look good I wouldn't suggest anybody to throw punches next to Bas Rutten.

Plus, no matter if it's your day off or not leaving your chin hanging wide open is a bad idea.
D0wnUnd6e6r
5/15/08 7:50:10AM
Does his training consist of punching large sheets of glass?
The-Don
5/18/08 11:44:49AM
Personally I would like to see Kimbo Lose, I don't dislike him or anything.. I just think there is too much hype about a guy who really does not have any skill plus it would be a kick in the teeth for CBS