Kimbo Slice training @ Extreme Couture

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Kimbo Slice training @ Extreme Couture
ExMilkman
6/5/07 3:20:54PM
I heard that he's training @ Extreme Couture w/ Randy, Forrest Griffin, Shawn Tompkins, Mike Pyle, Jay Hieron, Gray Maynard, & others.

Has anyone else heard this?
fedorwins1
6/5/07 3:28:55PM
That would be smart of him, he needs wrestling in his fight against Mercer, he isn't going to outstrike Mercer. A smart move by him, I want to see if he'll do anything in MMA, I'm kind of interested in him.
ncordless
6/5/07 3:52:33PM
On Sherdog's Beatdown they mentioned it a couple weeks back. Think Randy said something about it to T.J. and he was kinda suprised. The guy is gonna be a main draw on the CFFC so he better be training.
ExMilkman
6/5/07 4:08:23PM
so when is that fight?
fedorwins1
6/5/07 4:20:59PM

Posted by ExMilkman

so when is that fight?

June 23
EEKS
6/5/07 6:40:56PM
Mercer via sloppy KO
blkssncpt
6/5/07 6:42:26PM
wat org r they gonna fight in?? will it be aired on ppv??
ncordless
6/5/07 11:07:03PM

Posted by blkssncpt

wat org r they gonna fight in?? will it be aired on ppv??

Slice v. Mercer link
keith-hackney1
6/6/07 12:14:54PM
WHAT AGE ARE THESE GUYS ????
warglory
6/6/07 12:18:39PM
old
teamquestnorth
6/6/07 4:09:39PM
on wikipedia it says that kimbo is 31. I dont know he looks like he is old as shit in his 40s or 50s maybe
grappler0000
6/6/07 5:11:25PM

Posted by fedorwins1

That would be smart of him, he needs wrestling in his fight against Mercer, he isn't going to outstrike Mercer. A smart move by him, I want to see if he'll do anything in MMA, I'm kind of interested in him.

Yeah, wrestling would be handy, but I think Kimbo would feel like he was pussin' out if he took it to the ground. What would be useful though, would be to learn how to utilize the Thai clinch. He could destroy him with strikes without playing Mercer's game.
ExMilkman
6/7/07 1:41:39AM
Yeah, that would definately work against a boxer. Kimbo's got some skills, wasn't his brother a pro boxer?
keith-hackney1
6/7/07 3:55:26PM

Posted by greshamfighter

on wikipedia it says that kimbo is 31. I dont know he looks like he is old as shit in his 40s or 50s maybe

Was gonna say, kimbo looks like he's at least 40 in his internet brawls
Dadaman
6/7/07 10:04:53PM
I really hope Mercer is training hard for this fight. I like Kimbo as a streetfighter, but I don't think he'll have a place in the world of MMA.

Watch him be UFC HW champ in one year.
jdubs
6/7/07 11:11:22PM
screw him, i would not take that punk under my belt
Naturaldisaster
6/9/07 5:52:11AM

Posted by Dadaman

I really hope Mercer is training hard for this fight. I like Kimbo as a streetfighter, but I don't think he'll have a place in the world of MMA.

haha i don't know about that, he got the shit beat out of him by sean gannon. and sean gannon is nothin compared to CC, AA, couture, Sylvia, etc
fedorwins1
6/9/07 2:07:01PM

Posted by Naturaldisaster

Posted by Dadaman

haha i don't know about that, he got the shit beat out of him by sean gannon. and sean gannon is nothin compared to CC, AA, couture, Sylvia, etc

I think he was kidding, but Mercer is probablly just doing it for the money. In the press conference didn't Mercer say that he was fighting in the UFC? He doesn't even know what organization he's fighting in, so I'm sure he's not taking it very seriously. Kimbo by sub. rd 2.