Kimbo Slice" prepared to utilize ground skills against Ken Shamrock

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Kimbo Slice" prepared to utilize ground skills against Ken Shamrock
Porch28
9/13/08 5:05:28PM
With "EliteXC: Heat" just three weeks away, one of the evening's main-event competitors may be taking a less-than-expected approach to the bout.

Link
jgtribbett
9/13/08 6:59:43PM
he better do some cardio
tooly236
9/13/08 7:21:51PM
10,000 comedians out of work, and we get Kimbo
imanidiot777
9/13/08 7:27:07PM
Ummm, what ground skills is he talking about?
D0wnUnd6e6r
9/13/08 8:26:41PM
DevonFoxy
9/13/08 8:34:50PM
Elite XC better hope he hasn't been in the practice of Jeremy Jitsu or the fate of their company could be in trouble.
Matimus
9/13/08 8:38:16PM
Kimbos ground game is below a quadripelegics.
Catch a large mouth bass and throw it in the grass, theres Kimbos ground game for ya
Jackelope
9/13/08 8:42:53PM

Posted by Matimus

Catch a large mouth bass and throw it in the grass, theres Kimbos ground game for ya

Large mouth bass have a better hip bump escape than Kimbo does
Aether
9/13/08 8:52:51PM
ok so kimbo going to the ground with Ken + "tapping is for bitches" = kimbo has a shattered kneecap. LOL.
imanidiot777
9/13/08 8:57:19PM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by Matimus

Large mouth bass have a better hip bump escape than Kimbo does

gartface
9/13/08 9:08:58PM
I'm excited to see if Bas has taught him how to use his hips. He has the strength, he just needs the technique. He used his pure strength to sweep Thompson twice. I think that was a lot of the reason that he gassed. I like Kevin a lot, and I hope he has some success.
imanidiot777
9/13/08 9:53:04PM

Posted by gartface

I'm excited to see if Bas has taught him how to use his hips. He has the strength, he just needs the technique. He used his pure strength to sweep Thompson twice. I think that was a lot of the reason that he gassed. I like Kevin a lot, and I hope he has some success.

Honestly I don't think many people here really dislike Kevin, its that we totally hate Gary Shaw and his ludicrous comments about Kimbo. We want him to get owned so Shaw will shut his trap.
bls1919
9/13/08 10:01:06PM
Sounds like Posturing to me. Kimbo better not even think about taking Ken down. His only chance is on the feet. JMy pick is Shammy sub late 1st
otacon279
9/13/08 10:21:04PM

Posted by tooly236

10,000 comedians out of work, and we get Kimbo

kimbo must be a blue belt

hodge
9/14/08 7:09:53AM
LOL ground skills
sparky
9/14/08 8:34:33AM
This is another fight that will end in the first 2 minutes without any ground game at all. Im calling it right now no ground game at all jus punching and Kimbo will win with a big shot. Then we will all be laughing saying Kimbos ground game is exactly what we thought non-existant.
jocka
9/14/08 9:45:26AM
It has to be a joke there is now way Kimbo can consider himself a good grappler lol
jomatty
9/14/08 10:25:09AM
the only chance ken has is to knee bar him on the ground so it would make zero sense for kimbo to take this fight to the ground and im sure bas will make sure that he doesnt do that. kimbos cardio may be suspect but i think it is better than kens at this point in his career. we have all seen kimbos chin so there is almost no chance that ken can knock him out and i also dont think there is any way that he can box out a decision so that means if he wants to win he better submit him and that leaves knee bars. if anyone knows how to counter ken's kneebars though it is bas as im sure he has spent a lot of time thinking about what he did wrong in their fight.

as to the person who commented on all the hate on kimbo i think that they are right that there is a lot of hate on him. i understand it but really dont agree with it at all. i mean this guy is just doing what any fighter would do if they were in his shoes. he seems to be working really really hard and doing what he can do to become good. sure he is getting paid a lot considering his skill level but that is not something to hold against him it is something that any fighter would do and should do.
JimiMak
9/14/08 10:44:24AM
I hope Bas isn't the one trying to teach Kimbo to defend Ken's kneebars

(j/k, surprised noone said it yet tho)

Ken will try to stand and get KTFO quick. If it went to the ground Ken would kill Kimbo.
saemskin
9/14/08 1:06:45PM
Kimbo's got too much muscles to be a HW fighter. Too many muscles hogging up to much oxygen and too many nutrients. I think he needs to stop pumping iron for the next 12 months and drop down to LHW, he's just not tall enough and too muscular to ever have great cardio.

I couldn't care less about anything else about him.