Kimbo Slice Has Low Hurdle to Clear for Big Reward on The Ultimate Fighter 10

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Kimbo Slice Has Low Hurdle to Clear for Big Reward on The Ultimate Fighter 10
ThaAxeMurderer7
9/8/09 10:34:04PM
It's a cruel hard world out there and the reality is that Kimbo Slice is good for business. Dana White has shrewdly put himself in a no lose position by booking Kimbo on The Ultimate Fighter. At a minimum he will get blockbuster ratings for the early episodes, the longer they can keep him from being exposed, the better. Anyone want to bet that Kimbo won't fight until the third or fourth episode of the show?

And if Kimbo manages to score a win, especially a convincing KTFO win, the Kimbo hype train will begin to choo choo down the tracks.

Link
Hendo67
9/8/09 11:38:24PM
I really hope Kimbo does well, i really respect him.
RearNakedJoke
9/9/09 12:47:22AM
why do people keep saying things like "if they can keep Kimbo from being exposed"? he's been "exposed" as what he is, a rookie fighter who is trying his best to learn the sport. he isnt trying to portray himself as anything else.
higdon10
9/9/09 12:50:45AM
I've never understood all of the Kimbo hate either. I wish him well.
kopower
9/9/09 1:01:17AM

Posted by higdon10

People should be pissed at EliteXC for hyping him up as much as they did. Kimbo was just tryin to make a buck. I'd do the same damn thing if that much money was put in front of me. My memory isn't that great but I don't recall him saying he was the best. I respect him for the fact that he is trying to be a more well rounded fighter in his late 30's and putting his pride aside to fight his way into the UFC.
higdon10
9/9/09 1:16:21AM

Posted by kopower

Posted by higdon10

People should be pissed at EliteXC for hyping him up as much as they did. Kimbo was just tryin to make a buck. I'd do the same damn thing if that much money was put in front of me. My memory isn't that great but I don't recall him saying he was the best. I respect him for the fact that he is trying to be a more well rounded fighter in his late 30's and putting his pride aside to fight his way into the UFC.

I agree 100 percent. He cant help the fact that he was thrown into main events so early. He was doing what was smart and making money. Kimbo is doing things the right way, and is pretty humble in doing so. I respect the hell out of him.
Pyrenus
9/9/09 9:34:39AM
Agreed. It isn't Kimbo's fault he was hyped as the next big thing. He's been nothing but humble since entering MMA. He even said himself, he's just "a little fish in a big pond."

BIG props to Kimbo for entering the TUF. With his popularity, he could have went straight into one of the other orgs.
KaibaThedon
9/9/09 12:42:01PM
I like that Dana said the only way he's getting into the UFC is if he goes on TUF.

So he went on TUF. What more can you ask? The guy is a street fighter/boxer that wants to transition to mixed martial arts. Props for keeping that open mind and wanting to learn more than wanting to be the centre of attention.