Kimbo Slice v.s James Thomson

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Kimbo Slice v.s James Thomson
Next Page »
POLL: Who do you think will win?
Kimbo Slice 53% (37)
James Thompson 47% (33)
Draw 0% (0)
lilz_gangsta
4/21/08 5:56:40PM
Who do yall think is going to win wand what do you think about the fight?

--FULLSTORY--
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2
puppetmaster837
4/21/08 6:05:48PM
I think it's an easy KO win for Kimbo. If Thompson tries to gong and dash against a guy that can hit as hard as Kimbo then this fight won't go 10 seconds.
Coloss
4/21/08 6:13:41PM
Not so long time ago The Colossus was my favorite fighter, but then there was the disappointment... The only one chance that James has is to look for a ground game and somehow try to submit Kimbo. Unfortunately it is completely possible James to be out before that actually happens.
seanfu
4/21/08 7:41:29PM
Kimbo first round KO. If the colossis actually gets him to the ground I think Kimbo will still submit him. I think Kimbo has a strong submission(chokout) ability at the level he's fighting.

If Colossis gets him down there will be no action, a bunch of vooing and Thompson will let Kimbo up I think. In that case Kimbo will have taken little damage and will KO thompson in the first or second anyway.
juanez13
4/21/08 8:02:31PM
Kimbo = heavy hands, JT= No chin, you do the math
Rollins
4/21/08 8:15:40PM
JT is a class act that always comes to fight, it's easy to ride the nuts of the latest fad but win/lose or draw the WarWagon remains steadfast in support for James. how many other fighters you've heard of calling out people by name and thanking a bandwagon for remaining dedicated? Or inviting his fans to meet his family and sit ringside and have dinner with them? That is JT and thats why the WarWagon is not your everyday bandwagon.

The Brotherhood remains strong no matter what.
EvilScott
4/21/08 8:34:24PM
Every fight JT is SUPPOSED to lose he wins - remember Frye and Yoshida? (unfortunately he loses some he is supposed to win)

I have JT by upset. We haven't seen how Kimbo reacts under pressure, and pressure is what JT brings.
khoiler
4/21/08 8:36:55PM
Don't count JT out. He's been known to win the ones he wasn't supposed to. In either case, it should be a good fight.

We'll see if JT has improved on his game plan of taking opponents down and then we'll get to see if Kimbo has anything off his back.

*edit: lol posted that same time as you.
skinnator
4/21/08 8:48:59PM
Kimbo should hype the PPV and when the fight begins just nail James with a punch and it should be over.
MJKerrigan
4/21/08 9:06:00PM
I think people are quick to forget how inexperienced Kimbo is. Like Brock Lesnar, I think Kimbo will get caught with something he's not really prepared for. No one is saying JT has the skill of Frank Mir, but Kimbo aint no Brock Lesnar either.

Kimbo has, and will always have a punchers chance. JT is better then Tank and Cantrell put together, and then some, despite his recent losses.
Boondock
4/21/08 9:14:51PM

Posted by skinnator

Kimbo should hype the PPV and when the fight begins just nail James with a punch and it should be over.

Frye and Yoshida "should" have defeated him as well.

Don't count James out guys, he rises to the occasion on a big stage.
bls1919
4/21/08 10:54:08PM

but Kimbo aint no Brock Lesnar either.

First off, I would pick Kimbo to win 8 out of 10 against lesnar! Next I'm glad to see Kimbo fight somone who actually has skills and not out of his prime. JT is a great opponent but if he cant get kimbo on his back it wont be a long fight. But dont count Kimbo out on the ground. He is a very athletic and very strong man. he could stand up or reverse JT. His ground game is suspect without a doubt. but you can bet that Bas has prepared him for that. probably extensivly. I ahve to pick Kimbo, 2nd KO
warglory
4/21/08 11:12:56PM

Posted by bls1919

but Kimbo aint no Brock Lesnar either.

First off, I would pick Kimbo to win 8 out of 10 against lesnar! Next I'm glad to see Kimbo fight somone who actually has skills and not out of his prime. JT is a great opponent but if he cant get kimbo on his back it wont be a long fight. But dont count Kimbo out on the ground. He is a very athletic and very strong man. he could stand up or reverse JT. His ground game is suspect without a doubt. but you can bet that Bas has prepared him for that. probably extensivly. I ahve to pick Kimbo, 2nd KO

Why do you think that Kimbo has such a big advantage over Lesnar?
Kracker_Jap
4/21/08 11:28:27PM

Posted by puppetmaster837

I think it's an easy KO win for Kimbo. If Thompson tries to gong and dash against a guy that can hit as hard as Kimbo then this fight won't go 10 seconds.

You people are crazy if you really think Kimbo has power...... Just down load his street fights they show him pounding on untrained fighters with bare knuckles if he was so damm powerfull he would have KO'd those fools in the first minute......

WAR James Thompson
puppetmaster837
4/21/08 11:52:02PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

You people are crazy if you really think Kimbo has power...... Just down load his street fights they show him pounding on untrained fighters with bare knuckles if he was so damm powerfull he would have KO'd those fools in the first minute......

WAR James Thompson

Have you ever seen Thompson fight? Apparently not if you dont think Kimbo can knock him out. This guy is training with Bas Rutten and has become a dedicated mixed martial artist and has come a long way since his street fighting days. If i had fists the size of Kimbos and hit Thompson he would probably drop, his hands are probably heavy enough even if you dont think he has power.
richieb19
4/21/08 11:54:07PM
Thomspon will wear him out and make Kimbo punch drunk. Mark my words.
Kracker_Jap
4/22/08 12:02:45AM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

WAR James Thompson

Have you ever seen Thompson fight? Apparently not if you dont think Kimbo can knock him out. This guy is training with Bas Rutten and has become a dedicated mixed martial artist and has come a long way since his street fighting days. If i had fists the size of Kimbos and hit Thompson he would probably drop, his hands are probably heavy enough even if you dont think he has power.

James is training with Extreme Couture (So what about Rutten)

Kimbo has been training what a year and a half??? I guess you can consider that a long ways, I consider it a good start

Plus the guys who KO'd JT were REAL FIGHTERS not internet sensations
DonHagliatelli
4/22/08 4:25:45AM
I'm going with JT.

I'm hoping to see some ground skills he's picked up at Extreme Couture.

He showed some good wrestling and takedowns in his last fight but couldn't keep the bigger man down.

What with Kimbo being smaller and being less experienced I think JT will be able to take chanrge.

WAR JT!!
Rollins
4/22/08 4:43:55AM
I don't give a fukk if James wins or gets the fukk Knocked Out to tell you dirtbags the truth, the man has more class then any of you might know and after his fight you'll understand why we support a man of such class.
Jamie
4/22/08 4:55:38AM
James is a scarily strong guy, he's huge.

I see him taking Kimbo to the ground and wearing him down. James has a tendancy to perform 100x better as the underdog.

Dvd's > Youtube.
pv3Hpv3p
4/22/08 9:14:21AM
If Thompson fights the smart fight and doesn't get caught standing he could take this fight easily... Or at least show us how Slice reacts to being put in bad situations in a fight, or if he can fight off his back...

I would imagine JT's training TD's, GnP, etc over at ExCouture, so I would think Bas would have Kimbo working diligently on TD def... While Thompson does rise to the occasion, his chin is still questionable and Kimbo seems like he hits pretty hard which can be a pretty bad combination...

Should be a good fight, IMO... At least iis a step up in competition for Kimbo, and gives JT the opportunity to step up on the big stage
Jackelope
4/22/08 2:38:01PM
One thing about JT and Kimbo-

JT has a tendency to really piss guys off. He's a brawler through and through, and Kimbo is emotional. I picture JT getting up in Kimbo's face and talking a lot of shit leading into this fight and forcing Kimbo to lose his composure. I could see JT rushing in early, and Kimbo wanting to slug it out because he's emotional like he is. That could be bad for Kimbo because JT could just rush in and do a hug n slug a la Frye vs. Takayama. This could lead to Kimbo gassing out, if you ask me. With JT's big ass laying on you against the fence and throwing some dirty boxing it could be a long night for Kimbo.

However, with his footwork and head movement if Kimbo stays calm and dances around JT I could see him putting him to sleep early.
CantAndleDaRiddum
4/22/08 3:37:36PM
Kimbo KO 1st minute
JimiMak
4/22/08 4:59:00PM
Kimbo's gonna have no answer to a Colossus on top of him pounding down and showing the wrestling Randy's been working w/ him on.
TOTTEN
4/22/08 6:18:06PM
Kimbo has nothing on JT. WAAAAAAAAAAARRRRR JT
puppetmaster837
4/23/08 1:00:03AM

Posted by RollinsisGod

I don't give a fukk if James wins or gets the fukk Knocked Out to tell you dirtbags the truth, the man has more class then any of you might know and after his fight you'll understand why we support a man of such class.

No one is questioning his class. I have no problem with James Thompson as a person. He does sound like a great guy. But this thread isnt about Kimbo and JT's personalities, its about what is gonna happen when they fight. And so you calling people dirtbags for saying he is gonna lose is ridiculous since his weakness is Kimbo's strength
jiujitsufreak74
4/23/08 1:11:42AM

Posted by RollinsisGod

No one is questioning his class. I have no problem with James Thompson as a person. He does sound like a great guy. But this thread isnt about Kimbo and JT's personalities, its about what is gonna happen when they fight. And so you calling people dirtbags for saying he is gonna lose is ridiculous since his weakness is Kimbo's strength

just some friendly advice...don't piss the JT WW off

but seriously i am going to support JT through this one, partly because i hate Kimbo, partly because i respect JT and think he has the tools to win. JT WW, keep doing what you are doing, your bond with JT is the envy of all fighter fanatics...well at least for me
Kpro
4/23/08 1:27:43AM

Posted by RollinsisGod

Having an issue with adjective-choosing is as eloquently futile as chasing a tail. And let's be honest, neither of us have a tail. Though sometimes when I sit on the toilet and I haven't pinched it off yet, it may appear as though I do. But I digress, and regardless, the adjective was used not against those who said he may lose, but as a generality, deservedly, for many MMA messageboard posters.

Thank you. KPro in 08.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
4/23/08 1:35:59AM
james will be out within 10 seconds after a bum rush. kimbo hits hard+ james thomson worst chin in mma other then maybe houston alexander. i would love for james to shock me though. warrrr JT.
Kracker_Jap
4/23/08 10:16:15AM

Posted by RollinsisGod

Puppermaster I know your from Tacoma and there calling someone a dirtbag might be an insult...... But as you head out on I-5 down towards Olympia calling someone a dirtbag is more a way to tell a friend "I love you man" (I now feel the love!)

Here I'll use it in a sentence "Kracker-Jap your a total Dirtbag"

I hope that clears it up for everyone.....

BTW Kimbo is going to get his car repo'ed by JT
Pages: [1] 2