Kimbo Slice vs. Houston Alexander

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Kimbo Slice vs. Houston Alexander
POLL: Kimbo or Houston
Houston 55% (31)
Kimbo 45% (25)
Sensoria
9/23/08 8:09:37PM
The way I came to this idea I was reading some of the threads that where calling Houston the Kimbo of the UFC. And they do have some similarities. I would favor Houston from what Ive seen. But its not a fight to wager on. I think the kicker is how much of a chin does Kimbo have. If he cant take much, Houston will knock him cause he is faster, and also very strong. If it goes more, Kimbo will knock him out. This would be a fun fight to look. Release your votes.
CantAndleDaRiddum
9/23/08 8:36:27PM
here's my reasoning for picking Kimbo. if it's a little too in depth, PM me & i'll explain further.

Both fighters take center of the cage.
Kimbo takes Houston down.
Kimbo beats Houston senseless from the top.

Kimbo 2 minutes into Rd1 TKO
Ben_Hutch
9/23/08 8:40:26PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

here's my reasoning for picking Kimbo. if it's a little too in depth, PM me & i'll explain further.

Nice thinking, but IMO Kimbo's takedowns won't be smooth enough to avoid a big uppercut or knee from Houston.......KO for Alexander.
CantAndleDaRiddum
9/23/08 8:43:55PM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Nice thinking, but IMO Kimbo's takedowns won't be smooth enough to avoid a big uppercut or knee from Houston.......KO for Alexander.

Bas would have him ready
postman
9/23/08 8:47:57PM
I have to go with Houston this fight would not get out of the first for sure.
Ben_Hutch
9/23/08 8:48:46PM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Bas would have him ready

Bas didn't have him ready for shit when he fought Thompson!
CantAndleDaRiddum
9/23/08 8:52:12PM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Bas would have him ready

Bas didn't have him ready for shit when he fought Thompson!

lol, i strongly believe thompson is a better fighter & a harder matchup than houston would be
trust me im not a kimbo nuthugger either, i just really dont think much of houston
holt8081
9/23/08 8:57:13PM
I think if they went to the ground they would look like two turtles on there backs
CantAndleDaRiddum
9/23/08 9:02:13PM

Posted by postman

this fight would not get out of the first for sure.

Posted by holt8081

I think if they went to the ground they would look like two turtles on there backs

i was jsut thinkin about both of these posts & this fight could easily go both ends of the spectrum w/ either one winning by a KO in meer seconds or possibly being one of the most technically flawed, fights ever

could u imagine seeing these guys go to a decision?
sure the 1st rd would be entertaining but theyd both shoot their loads before the 1st rd ended
Jackelope
9/23/08 9:12:06PM
I think Kimbo would score the KO. Houston throws wide shots and won't do well with the distance. Kimbo will have size and reach like a mofo on Houston. Combine that with Kimbo being all too willing to stay on the feet and you have the makings for a glass jawed Houston Alexander KTFO.
SpiderSilva
9/23/08 9:16:20PM

i would rather see this than Shammy get KOed

I pick double KO and no one wins
Jackelope
9/23/08 9:25:45PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

and that's where you're wrong-

EVERYONE WINS!
SpiderSilva
9/23/08 9:26:49PM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by SpiderSilva

and that's where you're wrong-

EVERYONE WINS!

good point
Cdellorso
9/23/08 11:44:29PM
I think we want houston to win so that we can say Kimbo isnt anywhere near good enough to fight in the ufc..

IMO- Kimbo is Bigger and stronger Lots Stronger....
Houston is quicker-

Sombodys getting K_t F O in round 1 i think is houston- I hope its Kimbo-
Twenty20Dollars
9/23/08 11:45:09PM
double ko.
copcopps
9/24/08 10:49:23AM
Houston by uppercut and knee

or NC via Double KO
mkiv9secsupra
9/24/08 12:07:22PM
If anyone honestly believes Houston can beat Kimbo there is something seriously wrong with them. Houston dropped after one punch from James Irvin and Kimbo, like him or not, can hit just as hard as Irvin. Houston has almost 0 chance in this fight. I hate Kimbo sooo much but Houston is not a good striker and would be an easy fight for Kevin Ferguson.

I hate Kimbo but i think the one fighter i hate more is Houston Alexander.
disorderlyvision
9/24/08 1:06:16PM
Houston's ground game is soooo bad......Kimbo by sub.
i felt dirty even picking kimbo in an imaginary fight.
hathcock32
9/24/08 2:49:07PM

Posted by disorderlyvision

Houston's ground game is soooo bad......Kimbo by sub.
i felt dirty even picking kimbo in an imaginary fight.

I agree. I think Kimbo would take him down beat him down or submit him. Kimbo trains hard on the ground with Bas. Houston......still very questionable? just looks clueless.
gsquat
9/24/08 3:04:46PM
Houston is the likable version of Kimbo. He's got good striking and you know what he's in there to do. He got that tough guy look and mentality. Thats where the comparisons end. I see Houston as a more well rounded striker. Better clinch and kicks... however he's still too stiff and doesn't move well. That may be the difference maker. You don't want to stand up and be easy to hit against a guy like Kimbo. Too tough to call.
casey64
9/24/08 7:54:16PM
I got Kimbo on this one, considering Houston Alexander has lost his last three fights.
Taylor8766
9/25/08 11:00:45AM
As much as I dislike Kimbo, I would take him in this one because he can take a punch, where as Houston cant take a solid shot.