Kimbo Slice On ESPN Again This Week

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Kimbo Slice On ESPN Again This Week
DCRage
5/3/08 12:05:56PM
According to commercials on ESPN, Kimbo Slice is to be featured for the second time on the program "E:60" Tuesday night at 7 PM ET on ESPN. Doesn't say too much besides it being a "Kimbo Slice Update".
jiujitsufreak74
5/3/08 3:34:56PM

Posted by DCRage

According to commercials on ESPN, Kimbo Slice is to be featured for the second time on the program "E:60" Tuesday night at 7 PM ET on ESPN. Doesn't say too much besides it being a "Kimbo Slice Update".

i saw this as well and honestly i died a little inside. they called the him the baddest man in mixed martial arts...
NinjaCyborg
5/4/08 12:43:40AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by DCRage

i saw this as well and honestly i died a little inside. they called the him the baddest man in mixed martial arts...

uh oh, sounds like we need a Kimbo vs. Mike Tyson fight!!!
telnights
5/4/08 3:38:56AM
I'm so sick of hearing about him I will just be glad when he fights a top HW and gets KOed or subbed in the first so everyone will just shut up about him being the next big thing. He is nothing but bad for the sport of MMA even if he doesn't talk trash its about what he represents and how they are marketing him to the public.
bbman182
5/5/08 11:37:08PM
wow the face of MMA.. i prefer liddell..
DCRage
5/6/08 6:49:13AM
I read yesterday that the piece that airs tonight is actually just going to be a replay of the original piece from last year but updated with a little bit of new stuff ahead of the EXC card this month. So mostly stuff I saw before.
chubbud22
5/8/08 3:23:58AM
They are crowning him with out having him fight anybody. I am sick of this.
browneye
5/8/08 9:53:14AM
Kimbo is way to overatted he should fight a real fighter not washed up fighters
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
5/9/08 12:30:42AM
i hope jt steam rolls him. i doubt he will though. glass jaw and brawling goes perfect into kimbos training. i woulld like kimbo to fight fedor and get absolutely destroyed.
chubbud22
5/9/08 2:36:23AM
WAR THOMPSON!!!
mrsmiley
5/9/08 10:16:28AM
Their's a part of me that really wants to like Kimbo.I don't think it's as much MMA fans hyping him now,as it is the media.Sure the general public is to blame as well,but why continue to give the guy coverage when he has yet to face a game opponent?
I want to JT to come in and take Kimbo,but it seems like their's an obvious reason why they want Kimbo to face him,and not someone like Antonio Silva.They want to build him up as big as they can,cause once Kimbo falls,Elite XC is going to have a hard time recovering.Even with the good talent they have their,they are riding on the coat tails of Kimbo Slice,and that's a big no no in the world of MMA.Banking on the hype of one fighter is a sure fire way to fail as a promotion.

I do give Kimbo credit,for at least having the desire to want to be an MMA fighter,and training with Bas and Randy.I think that alone says something for him that certain high caliber atheltes who only "talk" about making the transition don't have.

I'm in agreement with you guys though.It is just getting too ridiculous.When or if he ever starts taking on top competition and winning,I will say maybe then he deserves the hype,but I don't think he's going to make it that far without losing.
bls1919
5/11/08 9:47:33PM
I love how everyone hounds kimbo. he is fighting james thompson in his 3rd MMA fight. Thats right his 3rd fight. JT is a great competitor. just because his Promotion EXC puts him(Kimbo) out and is tryin to make him a star, everyone wants to hate on him. No one likes him because he's a "street fighter", but what most people dont realize is that a lot of guys came up that way. Look at Chuck Liddel and Jon Lewis. These guys made names fighting underground. Just cause Kimbo found a way to make money off it is y people are pissed. Dont get me wrong i dont think he is the next champ or anything The man has put in the hours and has Bas "el guapo" Rutten behind him. Lets see what all the haters are saying in a year to 18 monthes from now. most will be kimbo nuthuggers by then
TheHood
5/13/08 4:22:38AM
wow, how come nearly everbody wanna see slice facing brock lesnar....lesnar not even win his first ufc match.....
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1