Kimbo Slice vs. Chuck Liddell Just Makes Sense

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Kimbo Slice vs. Chuck Liddell Just Makes Sense
emfleek
6/25/09 9:22:23AM
Something tells me that deep down Chuck Liddell wants that one last fight. Liddell is the most popular fighter on the planet and a proud former champion to boot, there’s no way a fighter with his mentality is going to walk away on a sour note like his most recent TKO loss to Mauricio “Shogun” Rua. I just don’t see that sitting very well with Chuck during his many years of life that will follow his retirement from the sport.

STORY
cowcatcher
6/25/09 9:27:27AM
i could see this happening, but meh.
emfleek
6/25/09 9:30:04AM
Kimbo wouldn't last a minute.

He got KTFO by a weak jab from Petruzelli.

Chuck doesn't throw weak jabs.
Boo_Radley21
6/25/09 10:18:12AM
I honestly think Chuck would tool Kimbo, but he can get knocked out by heavy handed guys. If they ever fought Kimbo would have a puncher's chance but that's about it.
tmas
6/25/09 10:53:39AM
i expect Kimbo to be better than we last saw him, he would beat chuck.
emfleek
6/25/09 10:56:03AM

Posted by tmas

Who's Kimbo training with now? He's not with Bas anymore so I'm guessing he can't be as good as he COULD HAVE been.
wrona666
6/25/09 10:58:24AM
In my opinion this would tarnish Chuck's legacy......Why would he want to go out saying i beat Kimbo.....A guy who lost to a TUF reject......This does nothing good for Chuck IMO.....
emfleek
6/25/09 11:02:15AM

Posted by wrona666

In my opinion this would tarnish Chuck's legacy......Why would he want to go out saying i beat Kimbo.....A guy who lost to a TUF reject......This does nothing good for Chuck IMO.....

At this point, I'd rather see him fight a mid to low-level guy just so he can knock 'em out rather than fighting (and losing) to top guys time and time again.
cowcatcher
6/25/09 11:08:01AM

Posted by tmas

and what makes you think this? there is no evidence that hes improved out there, hes going to be on TUF which is a showcase for guys that arent quite there yet and it gives them an opportunity to learn under top flight MMA fighters, and on top of that he got knocked out by seth petruzelli who is a ufc castoff while chucks KO losses came to 2 former ufc champs and the next guy in line to challenge for the belt.

do you just say things to stir the pot, or do you have a history of head injuries?
KUTTER
6/25/09 11:45:33AM
I agree this would do nothing for Chucks legacy. Personal gratification if anything. Friend of mine who does alot of heavy betting in vegas told me HEARSAY is Kimbo already has one KO against Roy Nelson,anyone else heard anything to this effect?

Im NO Kimbo fan for the record, he throws a hard punch and thats it in my opion
prozacnation1978
6/25/09 12:04:43PM
even if kimbo loses first fight on tuf show
ufc will keep this guy i can even predict if kimbo makes it to semi's but not the finals i don't see if fighting on the tuf 10 finale on dec 5th but i think he will make the main card for their year end event in vegas
say what u want but the guy is a draw, ufc will use his exposure for fans to buy tickets no prelims for this guy main card only
loller90278
6/25/09 1:32:21PM
i foresee kimbo headlining a Fight Night in Florida along with ATT members!
Sir_Karl
6/25/09 2:19:16PM
Kimbo vs. Chuck makes sense to who? Who would even think this garbage up?
There is no reason for a Kimbo vs. Chuck fight.
First off Chuck is exiting the cage.
He doesn't play into any rankings anymore.
Even if he did....he would be dropping from middle and Kimbo isn't even on the fist rung.
Kimbo needs to work his way up the UFC ladder...of course he needs to get through next season's TUF first.
Weather he beats Kimbo or gets beat by Kimbo...I don't think Chuck needs that for a legacy.

shevtheman
6/25/09 5:16:51PM
No no no.
MMAcca
6/26/09 1:13:58AM
This is just disrespectful to Chuck.

Hopefully this fight will never happen, Kimbo needs to earn the right to fight a legend like Chuck.
MASTERofPUPPETS
7/8/09 7:01:44PM
Chuck needs to fight Mark Coleman, it doesn't matter what happens at 100, the 2 need to fight and the loser gets the hell ouot of the UFC