Kimbo Slice vs Brock Lesnar

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Kimbo Slice vs Brock Lesnar
SerraLeben
4/20/08 11:00:28PM
I don't know much about the direction Kimbo is going in his MMA career but if he ever squared off against Lesnar (whether it be in the UFC or not) who would you have for the win?

Kimbo's ground game is non-existant as far as we know (haven't seen him on his back) and Lesnars is about the same.. (tapped out by Mir). We know Kimbo could take a punch but no one has tested Lesnars jaw. They both have similar fighting styles and I think they would be a good match up for each other.

I would put Lesnar over Kimbo but I wouldn't be surprised if it went the other way. This fight may never happen, but it is interesting to speculate who would come out on top. Your thoughts on the matter?
SociopathX
4/20/08 11:07:06PM
Kimbo by armbar in the 3rd.

This fight would be kind of a joke in the fact that it would probably sell an insane amount of tickets and could be the main event. Even though imo both these guys have virtually no chance in ever competing for the HW belt because of thier lack of experience.

Lesnar would win as long as he didn't get KO'd as he immediatley went for the take down. IT would be all GnP from Lesnar's end.
Basshandsome
4/20/08 11:08:30PM
I know your new here but remember to use the search function. This thread gets done all the time

Kimbo Vs. Brock
SerraLeben
4/20/08 11:15:17PM

Posted by Basshandsome

I know your new here but remember to use the search function. This thread gets done all the time

Kimbo Vs. Brock

Hey thanks man. I didn't realize there was a search section, I was going to put in my original post "Sorry if this has been posted before" but I forgot. Anyways, my bad. If a mod comes by then they can delete it.
Basshandsome
4/20/08 11:30:29PM

Posted by SerraLeben

Posted by Basshandsome

Kimbo Vs. Brock

Hey thanks man. I didn't realize there was a search section, I was going to put in my original post "Sorry if this has been posted before" but I forgot. Anyways, my bad. If a mod comes by then they can delete it.

No worries, its good that your starting new threads.

chubbud22
4/21/08 12:04:03AM
I think Lesnar would throw Kimbo on his head and beat him bad.
Twenty20Dollars
4/21/08 8:37:32AM
this is another stupid post about this. brock would win.
IriShame
4/21/08 10:35:39AM
Lesnar by 1st round TKO. Ground and pound.
throwmeahotone
4/30/08 1:37:47AM
Kalib Starnes kicks both their asses and breaks the KO record 0.01 seconds
frenchcakes_050
5/1/08 9:57:19AM
Do you even know anything about UFC, saying that both fighters have no experience, Lesnar has some of the most wrestling experience of anyone in hte UFC, and Kimbo has been fighting bare-knuckle street fights all of his life, when I start to think of it that does sound like a lack of experience, wrestling all of their life, and fighting all of their life
Raykill
5/12/08 11:30:58PM
I am for Brock. He may not have finishing skills on the ground, but his wrestling background would be to much for Kimbo to handle, whom we havent seen on the ground yet.
I dont think Brock would wait to see what would happen on his feet before taking Kimbo down to another level.
Kimbo on his back ground and pound and out....
holt8081
5/12/08 11:51:21PM
I hope they knock eachother out.
Raykill
5/13/08 12:54:23AM
MikeyMikeMichaels
5/18/08 5:53:36PM
This is the play by play of the fight.

The fighters enter the cage. Kimbo is eating a banana and tosses the peel on the ground because real G's don't use trashcans. Then steve mazagatti(spelling?) starts the fight. No one noticed the banana because Brocks wife starts taking her clothes off. Lesnar goes for the takedown but slips on the banana and knocks himself out, but at the same time kimbo gets taken out by some guy he owes money to. Cecil peeples(peoples or whatever) votes to give the fight to Bisbing (again), who is not even in the fight, because from his angle he landed the most shots and we couldn't see that due to the camera angle. Lesnar gets awarded another high dollar fight and Kimbo's manager blames the loss on illegal knees that no one knew was agreed to not be used before the fight started.
bigbubbano23
5/18/08 9:14:53PM
i think brocks got to much raw power for kimbo. but i would love to see this fight
imanidiot777
5/18/08 11:25:32PM
Brock would make Kimbo look like a tool as long as he didn't get knocked out on the first punch while he dives in for the take down. I don't care how strong Kimbo is a guarantee you he is not as strong as Brock and no where near as fast or experienced on the ground.
Red-Dragon
5/19/08 8:33:04AM

Posted by frenchcakes_050

Do you even know anything about UFC, saying that both fighters have no experience, Lesnar has some of the most wrestling experience of anyone in hte UFC, and Kimbo has been fighting bare-knuckle street fights all of his life, when I start to think of it that does sound like a lack of experience, wrestling all of their life, and fighting all of their life

I think the point is MMA experience. That was quite obvious. Having great experience in one field does not mean you will succeed in MIXED martial arts.
bls1919
5/19/08 9:35:10PM
Most people miss the point .....look at these fights OBJECTIVELY!!!. If you put it on papper it is the classic grappler vs srtiker. Most times the striker wins, because the grappler needs to set up takedowns with punches aginst a guy who will break your face and not think twice about it. i say kimbo KO 1st rnd. Did you actually watch Brocks strikes agianst Mir? They were sloppy at best. he would be toast
JimiMak
5/19/08 10:50:23PM
YAWN

are you ppl seriously not sick of discussing STUPID issues? They don't work for the same company. They're both too green for us to have any idea how they even really fight. If they did work for the same company, and were put in the same ring, it would be the all time stupidest decision ever made by a promoter.

Two inexperienced cash cows trying to build names for themselves... Yeah, that's the match I'd set up
Twerkwrench
5/29/08 11:40:38PM
I think Brock will overwhelm Kimbo and g&p him out.
The-Don
6/21/08 11:40:21PM
No one can really blame either fighter for the situations they are in... Or really the companies they work for... They are big names.. they are going to be used to sell tickets and make money.. GRanted So far it Seems Brock is truly being tested and giving good opponents while Kimbo is being fed cans.. Sadly this is going to make Brock better and with his natural abalities he may be a force one day.. Kibo on the other hand is never really going to get a prespective on his skills and then when he does go against a real oppoennt is going to get seriosly hurt I wish both luck but as things look I think 5 years from Now we'll still see brock fighting on Major shows and Kimbo is going to go the way of Tank.
chickmagnet
6/22/08 8:57:30PM
Lesnar by tko....in round 1
The-Don
6/24/08 10:07:58PM

Posted by bls1919

Most people miss the point .....look at these fights OBJECTIVELY!!!. If you put it on papper it is the classic grappler vs srtiker. Most times the striker wins, because the grappler needs to set up takedowns with punches aginst a guy who will break your face and not think twice about it. i say kimbo KO 1st rnd. Did you actually watch Brocks strikes agianst Mir? They were sloppy at best. he would be toast

True Brock is a bit sloppy in his strikes.. I think though he was more trying to overwhelm Mir with raw power and then GnP which seemed to be exactly what was happening.. It was Mir's experience that allowed him to get that sub... Against someone like kimbo who well honestly.. is far from the best striker I have ever seen.. and no threat on the ground at all like Mir was that stragety would everwhelm kimbo and kibo would either be tapping do to strike or the fight getting stopped by the ref to kep kimbo from becomes a bloody pulp on the ground...