kimbo vs shamrock ??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » kimbo vs shamrock ??
keith-hackney1
3/20/08 2:30:38PM
I know there"s been talk, heres an old man in ken clearing it up for us !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP0Lh2-i8ks

Lets be honest guys, no one wants to see this do they ?? Ken will get dropped and ko'd AGAIN. I noticed in his pre-fight interview against berry in cage rage ken said he'd never been ko'd before ... Tito twice, sakuraba, rich franklin and now even berry !!!???? I know it says tko on his record, but he went out for sure against sakuraba and tito 2nd fight.
The only fight left for ken, as he refuses to retire, is the 3rd fight with royce gracie, ken could retire a winner if they fought again. gracie is more washed up than ken as royce has failed to beat anyone worthy of being called tough since his comeback, at least shamrock got in there and banged with some great mma fighters.

What do you guys think ??
LayinFrame
3/20/08 3:00:07PM
personally i would love to see shamrock get ko'd again. IMO shamrock would take a loss from royce. He just needs to hang up the gloves period, why do you think people retire. its because a. they cant hang anymore b. its just time to throw in the towel you had a long career, now go hang out with family and friends and ride the couch into the sunset. If he wants to keep losing, and training for no reason, let him. I guess if i was in his position being a mma fighter, it would be hard just to give up. fighters have verry strong wills, and just wanting one last win before you retire could be dangerous. Being a old bag like him, he could break something that would never heal. like a hip
Aaronno9
3/20/08 3:30:33PM
Not a fight id be interested to see tbh. I think ken would get smashed, then more people would jump on kimbos nuts for beating a washed up old man who just lost to buzz berry. No disrespect to ken, as hes got older i think hes became alot more light hearted and a generally more likable guy, and id absolutely love to see him make kimbo tap, but i just don't think it'd happen.
bullettdodger
3/20/08 4:06:31PM
Sigh, i'll be waiting, as soon as they find someone who can give kimbo a match...Hell who is Sean Gannon fighting for, bring him in to fight Kimbo Elite XC, im down to see a rematch of that now that Kimbo is training!
NatedawgThaM
3/20/08 4:09:50PM
Ken hasn't retired yet?

People seriously need to interfere for his health and force him to retire. Getting KO'd every fight is horrible. Not to mention Kimbo would probably destroy that Berry dude.

Kimbo 1st round quick KO. But I hope this never happens because each time Ken does this, he ruins his legacy because more people will remember him for this horrible streak of KO losses, then remember him for how good he use to be
chubbud22
3/20/08 5:19:20PM
The guy is gonna get hurt. They need to stop sanctioning him
JimiMak
3/20/08 5:22:58PM

Posted by bullettdodger

Sigh, i'll be waiting, as soon as they find someone who can give kimbo a match...Hell who is Sean Gannon fighting for, bring him in to fight Kimbo Elite XC, im down to see a rematch of that now that Kimbo is training!

Judging by the last Gannon fight, when Kimbo had no real training or exp to speak of, I'd say after Bas' tutelege he'd prob'ly trash Gannon.
bls1919
3/20/08 5:47:40PM
i hope this doesnt happen. But i wouldnt be suprised. Kimbo will fight anyone in front of him , and so will Ken(the hard headed bastard). And EliteXC could make a good "buzz" with the 2 names. I want to see Kimbo fight somone who is on the rise like big foot
keith-hackney1
3/20/08 6:36:35PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Ken hasn't retired yet?

People seriously need to interfere for his health and force him to retire. Getting KO'd every fight is horrible. Not to mention Kimbo would probably destroy that Berry dude.

Kimbo 1st round quick KO. But I hope this never happens because each time Ken does this, he ruins his legacy because more people will remember him for this horrible streak of KO losses, then remember him for how good he use to be

robert berry would beat kimbo if they fought this year, berry has a right hook that could drop a horse !!!!!
JimiMak
3/20/08 11:16:32PM

Posted by bls1919

i hope this doesnt happen. But i wouldnt be suprised. Kimbo will fight anyone in front of him , and so will Ken(the hard headed bastard). And EliteXC could make a good "buzz" with the 2 names. I want to see Kimbo fight somone who is on the rise like big foot

Doubt he's ready for that. I don't encourage fighters to fight in vastly different ability ranges. young guys w/ a cpl fights get the lower tier. ppl bitch about Brock getting good guys too quick and Kimbo not getting them soon enuf. Kimbo desreves teh right to work his way up the ladder like anyone else. his name carries hype but he downplays it and doesn't try to compare himself to the top shelf guys yet. He strives to be there... He has a great desire to be good, not just a hype machine. Just cuz he has hype doesn't mean we have to throw him to the wolves.
Mayhem13
3/20/08 11:37:47PM
I hope this doesnt happen...I think there are a lot of better fights for Kimbo...that could still be a step up...and not be Ken..

Brett Rogers ( I think he already has a fight on that card)
James Thompson
Ricco Rodrigues
Neil Grove
Warpath (which I heard was offered the fight)

all those guys are possibilities that would be better
Hardrock
3/23/08 1:26:18AM
Ken Shamrock is done why even put him in the cage hypothetically?

www.fthfightgear.com