Kimbo needs the UFC

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Kimbo needs the UFC
PaleHorse
3/26/08 1:42:57AM
While other organizations are popping up left and right and showing their success by signing prominent fighters, I think that Kimbo Slice has really become a huge joke to dedicated fans of MMA, not dedicated fans of YouTube fights. We all know Kimbo has never fought anybody worth bragging about beating, especially when you train with a former champion like Bas Rutten and have so much hype, you would think that they would put you up against someone better than 9-14 or someone whose name people may have heard before (who is Bo Cantrell?) Either way, Kimbo is going to have to either do something that most fighters have been unable to do since the collapse of PRIDE, and thats make a name outside the UFC, or he's going to have to fight in the UFC, take on at least one top 10 heavyweight, and then prove he's for real, until then nobody knows anything about him and all these fights are just huge wastes of time. Kimbo isn't getting any younger, and I hear now that Butterbean wants him, another snag. Kimbo doesn't turn fights down, and no fighter in the UFC is really calling him out or anything so they're probably going to try and get a fight like that going. Anywho, if you want to be taken seriously, keep you opponents in the top 10, we can see that Fedor has lost a ton of his credibility due to his lack of fights against decent heavyweights in the past few years, and Kimbo hasn't even had a big fight in the first place. IMO, Kimbo should fight Noguiera. MUAHAHAHAHAHHA
RMFG_187
3/26/08 2:53:22AM
he is definitely not good enough for the UFC. YET

let him fight a couple more bouts in Elite XC, and see if he is as good as he thinks he is. But IMO, if he goes up against Paul Buentello, he will be in for a rude awakening
jiujitsufreak74
3/26/08 3:15:19AM
Until he even cracks the top 5 of Strikeforce i wouldn't even consider the UFC signing him. he has to go up against Big Foot, RR, Overeem and Buentello before i could see him hanging with the UFC talent. i say give him RR next so RR can prove if he truly is so much better then Kimbo like he claims and if he wins that give him Buentello or Big Foot/Overeem. i have a feeling that Big Foot will challenge Overeem for the belt and the loser of that should face Kimbo should he face and beat RR. it is funny how people tend to jump on hot commodities fast...i advise letting him test the Strikeforce waters a lot more before we throw him in the UFC ocean.
hails
3/26/08 4:23:35AM
Wow!!!

We saw what happened to Cro Cop inside the eight walls.

I don't think Kimbo is anywhere near ready for the UFC.

He has a few more names to get through in Elite XC before he is ready for the big time. They still have a few names there waiting for him. I like Silva's chance against him!!!

Twenty20Dollars
3/26/08 7:35:50AM
i dont want to see kimbo in UFC, just get destoryed. He's still got to prove himself in EliteXC with guys like Brett Rodgers, Ricco, Antonio Silva.

Then they should set up the butterbean fight, i just want to see a knockout.
bullettdodger
3/26/08 12:49:06PM
Guys, guys c'mon... Kimbo Slice Vs. Brock Lesner for the HW belt lol Nog, Randy, and Fedor went out for drinks that night
mrliquid
3/26/08 1:34:48PM
People need to get over Kimbo man everyone gives people from TUF a hard time saying they didnt earn there way into the UFC this is a guy who got to fight in an mma orginization because he made a whole bunch of videos of him beating up local thugs and other morons off the internet wanting to fight him in there back yards he has had 2 fights against over the hill out of shape fighters why is his name and the UFC even in the same sentence seriously come on guys.
Jackelope
3/26/08 1:54:43PM
Just like some have mentioned-

His only 2 fights he should have left in EliteXC are Ricco and Bigfoot. Should he win them both, he's ready for more. Until then, he's just an anomoly that's fun to watch KO people.
JimiMak
3/26/08 5:24:02PM
He's working his way up. I bet it would be the same ppl bitching if he did get a top ten guy. "He doesn't deserve this kind of shot, who has he faced" would be the cry. He's 1-0 (first one was an exhibition) why the hurry to put him in against guys who've earned their shot at the top? Just cuz you wanna see him lose? Why does everyone have such a hard on for giving the guy grief? He's never said he should be considered top ten.

By your last statement I guess you're saying that the only fighters you take seriously are guys in the top ten. Oh and comparing him to FE is
Styles
3/28/08 12:14:40AM
I dont understand why people keep making threads talking about this guy. I honestly would love to see him get KO'd, and I will pay to see that, but with me saying that, let me throw something at ya.

Kimbo is a good striker, very-very heavy-handed. People use to think the world of Cro-cop. I am willing to say, Kimbo has a damn good chance at beating cro-cop or making a damn good fight out of it. Same goes for Kongo, Herring or any other guy that likes to keep it standing. SO what would everyone say if Kimbo ko'd Cro-cop and then ko'd kongo? Would you then say that Kimbo is a great fighter. Throw him up against Gonzaga, or Nog, or Mir, and any other guy that has a really good ground game. Kimbo still and always will have the strikers chance. Its a gamble every single ime he steps in the cage against anyone, hell even Fedor or Coutore. Sure the guy is working on his ground game, but he ill never get on the level needed to be a UFC champ, but he can damn sure be a contender. Like I said, I dont like the guy to much, but facts are facts. Now can we stop talking about the guy until he fights again?
ncordless
3/28/08 6:54:10PM
Yeah he really needs the UFC now... their HW division just keeps getting better and better. Hopefully they can get rid of Sylvia and Arlovski and bump up Lesnar and Kimbo. I'd like to see them sign Big Show, too. Then we will finally have some quality MMA.

It's about time they clean out the division of old hacks like Tim, Randy, Fedor, and Cro Cop. Now they need to get rid of Nog too. What kind of champ is he? He barely even speaks english and he's definitely not american!
Mchubb316
3/28/08 7:42:21PM
I agree with you about Buentello. It would be sort of a measuring stick to see how far Kimbo is in his progression towards being a total MMA fighter. I think at this point Buentello would beat Kimbo. In my opinion it would be like Mir vs Lesnar in a way.
tylerlee123
3/29/08 2:28:35PM
Id love to see Arlovski knock him out it, it would take one shot it would be like Arlovski-Buentello an Kimbo would fall like that Ricardo Morais guy that Aleks Emelianko knocked out
gartface
3/29/08 3:19:31PM

Posted by tylerlee123

Id love to see Arlovski knock him out it, it would take one shot it would be like Arlovski-Buentello an Kimbo would fall like that Ricardo Morais guy that Aleks Emelianko knocked out

Haha one of my favorite knockouts. Morais took like 8 punches to get to the ground.
jgtribbett
3/30/08 2:08:18AM
he is good enough for the UFC.... i'm nota kimbo fan but if houston alexander (the most one dimentional fighter ever) is good enough then so is kimbo. dont get me wrong.. he wouldnt beat nog or sylvia (thank god he'sgone) or maybe even kongo..but he could still contendwith thelower levelguys...

why dont' you think that bas has tried to get himintothe ufc.. you dont think hecouldnt work that out? haha

they have plans for him and bas is smart and kimbo isgonna listen to him. i think he is building kimbo up and we (the fans) are creating the hype.. kimbo beats a few guys with formally big names. he trains with a great trainer (bas) and then he gets into wec orsomething..and works his way up like everyone else.

PaleHorse
3/31/08 11:31:58AM

Posted by jgtribbett

he is good enough for the UFC.... i'm nota kimbo fan but if houston alexander (the most one dimentional fighter ever) is good enough then so is kimbo. dont get me wrong.. he wouldnt beat nog or sylvia (thank god he'sgone) or maybe even kongo..but he could still contendwith thelower levelguys...

why dont' you think that bas has tried to get himintothe ufc.. you dont think hecouldnt work that out? haha

they have plans for him and bas is smart and kimbo isgonna listen to him. i think he is building kimbo up and we (the fans) are creating the hype.. kimbo beats a few guys with formally big names. he trains with a great trainer (bas) and then he gets into wec orsomething..and works his way up like everyone else.

WEC doesn't do heavyweights anymore, so that wouldn't work.