Kimbo Looks Good in Debut

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Kimbo Looks Good in Debut
ohiostate1016
11/11/07 12:18:04PM
Aside from his guillotine choke win in an exhibition against Ray Mercer, Kimbo Slice made his debut last night. And Bo Cantrell looked scared of him. I've never seen Bo scared of anyone, but he looked scared of Kimbo. He must have been watching YouTube...

I think that they need to put Kimbo in there with someone legit. Neither Ray Mercer or Bo Cantrell were legit. Both were cans, and Slice dominated both of them. I'm impressed, because Kimbo showed that he knows how to finish. And he showed that he's not afraid to go to the ground against Mercer.

I'm excited for Kimbo's future. Let me know what you guys think about him.
Mastodon2
11/11/07 12:31:49PM
A lot of people are saying that this fight was fixed, Im not sure about that, I think that big elbow that hit Bo in the back of the head probably had something to do with his tapping out. I still think Cantrell could have fought on, and not tapped so soon.

This fight did remind of Lesnar's debut, where his opponent tapped up really quick too. Disappointing, I want to see Kimbo fight someone decent so we can finally tell if he is the real deal or not.
tuvok500
11/11/07 12:37:22PM
I think that the guys was telling to himself " i go there and try a spinning back fist and if it don't work i will tap and take the easy money " !!! LOL

maybe a little more complexe than that but it was looking like that for sure !!

cmill21
11/11/07 12:47:29PM
If you noticed he had a big fist imprint on he head/eye when he got up, so no one knows what happend. The body shot could have broken ribs, the head shot could have broken bone in his face.
Scott_Revels
11/11/07 1:03:25PM

Posted by ohiostate1016
Bo Cantrell looked scared of him. I've never seen Bo scared of anyone, but he looked scared of Kimbo. He must have been watching YouTube...

I was telling Sticksta13 over IM that Cantrell must've been in his hotel the night before watching the videos, crying. Then of course he shit himself fourteen times before finally stepping into the cage with Slice.

As for the work thing. I hope not, but if so, that's sad. Really sad.
Stickan
11/11/07 1:28:25PM
No way that was a fixed fight. Why would a fixed fight last 19 seconds? Plus I don't think Bo would willingly take those punches to his head.
Scott_Revels
11/11/07 1:31:48PM
If Cantrell makes more than $5000 for that fight, we'll know something is wrong with it. A performance like that doesn't warrant any more money.
fedorwins1
11/11/07 1:33:13PM
Throw him in with Antonio Silva and watch what happens
Scott_Revels
11/11/07 1:38:10PM
::looks for a way to make newspaper articles, with personal headlines.:: "Bo Cantrell ***** Himself, Then Is Murdered."

Edit: Can you believe you actually have to pay, to make a fake newspaper headline for a joke?
John_Jobber
11/11/07 6:46:13PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

Aside from his guillotine choke win in an exhibition against Ray Mercer, Kimbo Slice made his debut last night. And Bo Cantrell looked scared of him. I've never seen Bo scared of anyone, but he looked scared of Kimbo. He must have been watching YouTube...

I think that they need to put Kimbo in there with someone legit. Neither Ray Mercer or Bo Cantrell were legit. Both were cans, and Slice dominated both of them. I'm impressed, because Kimbo showed that he knows how to finish. And he showed that he's not afraid to go to the ground against Mercer.

I'm excited for Kimbo's future. Let me know what you guys think about him.

I think it's still a little early to get "excited" about Kimbo's future.
He's 33 and clearly has not taken care of himself like Randy. How long of a future will his body allow him to have?

You like that he went to the ground with Mercer? WTF else would you do with a boxer?

As far as finishing? I think Bo took care of that himself...

Scott_Revels
11/11/07 6:56:09PM

Posted by John_Jobber
As far as finishing? I think Bo took care of that himself...

I looked at it again, and it looked like Bo was already tapping when the ref brought them together to go over the rules. Though it might be that my eyes are still tired. Being awake for 26 hours, and then sleeping for only four, does that to you.
MALICE
11/11/07 7:08:39PM
At first it looked like Kimbo came down with a huge shot to the back of the head( which he did), as soon as Cantrell hit the mat. But from a side view, Cantrell is already tapping before Kimbo even throws the shot.
Scott_Revels
11/11/07 7:22:14PM
Cantrell was tapping a week before he event stepped into the cage with Kimbo.
John_Jobber
11/11/07 9:22:00PM
This just in: Bo Cantrell never actually signed his contract for the Kimbo fight, he just tapped on the paper 3 times...