Kimbo vs Kongo Who would you get???

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Kimbo vs Kongo Who would you get???
AllKnowin1
6/12/08 4:39:31PM

Now this is just what if and how you think it would go down.....

I without a doubt would go with Kongo....

Twenty20Dollars
6/12/08 4:42:15PM
Yeah i would have to go with kongo also, bigger stronger, more technical striking and i hate to say prolly a better ground game.

Kongo could pick apart kimbo, with leg kicks and prolly with his reach, and work his clinch game like he did against cro cop and prolly get a take down if he wanted too.
grapplersquest
6/12/08 4:43:44PM
Kongo has alot more exp
holt8081
6/12/08 4:50:29PM
Kongo
Boo_Radley21
6/12/08 5:19:56PM
Haha I love how people are still considering Kimbo with guys even like Kongo. He's a long way away IMO. But whatever, Kongo takes it hands down.
Raykill
6/12/08 5:33:01PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Yeah i would have to go with kongo also, bigger stronger, more technical striking and i hate to say prolly a better ground game.

Kongo could pick apart kimbo, with leg kicks and prolly with his reach, and work his clinch game like he did against cro cop and prolly get a take down if he wanted too.

breakdown5
6/12/08 5:34:09PM
Kongo by knee to the groin.
Mchubb316
6/12/08 8:48:26PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Kimbo cannot beat Kongo.
vince25
6/12/08 9:09:17PM
kimbo is not even good, kongo would kick the crap out of him
Pookie
6/12/08 9:19:24PM
I will never ever ever ever pick kongo for a fight.

Kimbo all the way, tko in the first 2.7 seconds. Kongo gets knocked out cold by kimbo, even though hell probably miss with the punch... at least thats how dan mirgliotta will score it.
Gipper
6/12/08 9:57:46PM
kongo 1st rd ko
theguido
6/12/08 10:22:21PM
Has Kimbo ever fought a world class kick boxer? I don't think so and I don't see him out strikeing him in any way this would be all Kongo IMO.
bobbydoomocculta
6/12/08 11:41:10PM
Kimbo would probably have the ref on his side...
Cheick Kongo would still eat him though...

Should Make it interesting...

Kimbo vs. Jens Pulver??
Kimbo vs. Sakuraba??
loller90278
6/13/08 1:25:02AM
im the first one to say kimbo. both have terrible ground games but kongo gives up after he gets hit once or twice.. im saying kimbo by KO 2R
Pookie
6/13/08 1:41:36AM

Posted by loller90278

im the first one to say kimbo. both have terrible ground games but kongo gives up after he gets hit once or twice.. im saying kimbo by KO 2R

Well i may not have said Kimbo, but i said it was not Kongo. It may mean a little different but same result
Ben_Hutch
6/13/08 3:58:45AM
Kongo would absolutely destroy Kimbo. Kimbo is a rubbish fighter who will never make it far in MMA.
mrsmiley
6/13/08 8:49:12AM
Kongo wins by total destruction.I mean come on people,look at Kimbo all around as a fighter.He's a street brawler who couldn't even knock out James (glass jaw) Thompson.I love JT,but hey it's true!

He has no ground game,and I'm almost willing to bet most guys fighting MMA and tough man contest in bingo halls around America have cardio equal to,or better than Kimbo.The dude has a lot of heart,and he's been training his butt off with Bas,but after his last fight I think anyone would be lieing if they claimed Kimbo has proven himself as a top 10,or even top 20 striker in the sport.Every fighter has a strikers chance,but I see Kongo chopping away with well timed kicks to Kimbo's legs.Maybe landing a few body shots with his legs to the liver or spleen.Kimbo attempts a small flurry,but after several failed attempts with any solid punches he beggins to gas halfway through the first round.Eventualy he lands a nice right straight that connects very well,but Kongo keeps his cool and mythodicaly continues to ware Kimbo down.

I don't mean to sound like I'm fighter bashing because I'm not.I've said a lot of good things about Kimbo on these boards,and for a guy that only has a small collection of pro -fights he's done alright imo.But lets put him up against guys on his level or that would pose a challenge Kimbo might be able to overcome.

I think the following would be good test for Kimbo

1.Brett Rogers.(suppose to be fighting him)
2.Butterbean.(Probably would never make weight,but I think this would be a good fight)
3.Antonio Silva. (imo,the best heavy weight possibly in EXC.If Kimbo could beat him convincingly,I would say he's a legit contender)

bls1919
6/13/08 11:10:41PM
This would be a hard one to call. Kongo would play right into Kimbos game plan. After watching Kimbo on CBS though if Cheick could get it to round 2 Kimbo would be breathing heavily and he would have a much easier time picking apart kimbos punching assault. I am usually the first to defend Kimbo but he needs some conditioning help in a bad way.
bigbubbano23
6/14/08 12:26:15AM
they are both strictly strikers so def kongo, he's gettin to be one crazy mofo.
Kracker_Jap
6/14/08 10:13:50AM
KONGO BY TOTAL AND COMPLETE ASK KICKING

what worries me though is that anyone would question Kongo's skills next to Kimbo's
big_timmy
6/14/08 8:58:21PM
Why is it that people still want to match Kimbo up against EVERYONE?

How bout Kimbo vs a bunch of homeless dudes? Wait a sec, i think i saw that on Youtube.

Or Kimbo vs a 3rd stringer UFC fighter? no, wait, saw that one aswell. And Kimbo got his ass kicked in that one. But the guy cheated mind you, he used knees. for shame sean gannon.

Kimbo vs a midget. Now thats what i want to see.

Kongo is one the best muay thai fighters going around, and you wanna talk up a fight with Kimbo, A second rate boxer at best? Kimbo should run off and join the circus.

mrsmiley
6/14/08 9:54:28PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

KONGO BY TOTAL AND COMPLETE ASK KICKING

what worries me though is that anyone would question Kongo's skills next to Kimbo's

Me too........................................................
PABLOMAFIOSO
6/21/08 7:03:16PM
Totally right, Kongo via headkick in the 1st. Kimbo does not have what it takes to be a contender in the top 10 even though he has got a mean punch. It takes more than that to make a name for yourself in the UFC. Ken shamrock is wanting to fight kimbo, this is a reasonable fight for kimbo to consider winning... a fighter who should have retired gracefully after ortiz beatdown 3!