Kimbo issues "warning" to Chuck Liddell

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Kimbo issues "warning" to Chuck Liddell
Porch28
4/23/08 8:23:41PM
EliteXC heavyweight fighter Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson has heard fellow fighters talk badly about him, and though he says he has "nothing but love" for his colleagues, he's apparently growing tired of their criticism -- especially from UFC light heavyweight Chuck Liddell.

LINK
xburbx
4/23/08 8:50:49PM
I <3 KIMBO
D0wnUnd6e6r
4/23/08 8:53:20PM
Cdellorso
4/23/08 9:21:18PM
well I can open the link however I can guess what Kimbos warning was something like...

A) If you dont stop Im going to tell Bas Rutten
B) If you dont stop ill steel your hubcaps
C) If you dont stop..................... Dont stop cause I like the publicity

silverbullet
4/23/08 9:34:42PM
Chuck would club him to death with a torn hamstring
jae_1833
4/23/08 9:37:36PM
This is why I wish Pride still existed....have a catch weight fight with these two guys please....anyone!!
wolfman
4/23/08 9:38:35PM

Posted by Cdellorso

well I can open the link however I can guess what Kimbos warning was something like...

A) If you dont stop Im going to tell Bas Rutten
B) If you dont stop ill steel your hubcaps
C) If you dont stop..................... Dont stop cause I like the publicity

loller90278
4/23/08 11:20:28PM
so i guess im the only one who thinks kimbo would put a whomping on liddel ?
cmill21
4/23/08 11:35:41PM

Posted by loller90278

I woulden't disagree. Sure Kimbo's nothing special but he's basically a bigger stronger version of Chuck. I don't know why everyone's laughing, I mean if Kimbo was calling out Nog or someone like that then i'd laugh but come on it's a 38 year old 205lb striker.
scoozna
4/23/08 11:36:04PM

Posted by loller90278

Yessir.

It wouldn't even be close.
PaleHorse
4/23/08 11:56:36PM

Posted by scoozna

Posted by loller90278

Yessir.

It wouldn't even be close.

Forrest knocked Kimbo out with a head kick. I'm just not even going to say anymore on this whole Kimbo situation, I think the guy is extremely heavy handed, but I agree with Chuck that he has to prove himself before he's going to be worth anything. So before you start judging how Kimbo fights based on a quick guillotine with Ray Mercer, making Bo Cantrell tap out in the first 10 seconds, or beating the 9-14 glassjaw Tank Abbott, Chuck is right, fight a top 10 and win or shut the **** up and keep fighting nobodies.
gartface
4/24/08 12:15:57AM

Posted by PaleHorse
Forrest knocked Kimbo out with a head kick.

Source?
coldchillin
4/24/08 1:30:23AM
well, I don't think Kimbo would whoop on Liddell but I think he could definitely give him a fight... his stand-up is right there with The Iceman's and he would certainly be the stronger and faster fighter.

Now if Kimbo was talking about a heavyweight with some real ground skills like Fedor or Barnett, I would have to laugh just like I did when I read that interview where Chuck says he could beat Fedor.
ocho-cinco
4/24/08 2:24:18AM
The links not working for me
xburbx
4/24/08 8:07:00AM
Even though I HEART KIMBO, you have to be on drugs to think he could do anything to Liddel. Whoever said "his stand up is right there with chucks" , have you ever watched MMA?
MondayNiteMauser
4/24/08 8:45:32AM
Hey Kmbo!! Go get KO'd by Forrest again...This time get it on youtube.
cmill21
4/24/08 9:29:23AM

Posted by xburbx

Even though I HEART KIMBO, you have to be on drugs to think he could do anything to Liddel. Whoever said "his stand up is right there with chucks" , have you ever watched MMA?

Well it doesn't take much. You just need to drop your hands and throw nothing but power shots.
Cdellorso
4/24/08 3:24:04PM
Chuck is not THAT old- and Octagon experience is way more valuable than kimbos "Street cred" COME ON!! no one doubts kimbo can bang- Can he kick?? can he defent kicks?? not just a head kick but some Muay tie kicks to the thigh? can he take chuck down- NO would he try?? prob not- can chuck take Kimbo down? for sure.... WELL ROUNDED FIGHTERS- KIMBO IS NOT ONE OF THESE or if he is- let him prove it , then have him come fight in the big show- Instead of the side show.-

PS here is a list of fighters that would beat Kimbo 8 out of 10 times

1. Every top 20 fighter in light heavy and heavy

the top 5 185ers

GSP
BJ Penn
joe Rogan
Steve Mazzagotti
Uriah fabor
That one dude that beat him in that Gym
Chuck Norris

PSS our side show Brock would eat his ass up for dinner.
Cdellorso
4/24/08 3:27:10PM
http://mmamania.com/2008/04/14/dana-white-hints-that-kimbo-slice-chuck-liddell-ufc-fight-could-be-possible/
RMFG_187
4/25/08 2:21:29AM
i am not even kidding when I say 1 punch KO for Chuck. Kimbo has 1% chance, and thats only if Chuck doesn't show up.
Pookie
4/25/08 3:30:42AM

Posted by gartface

Posted by PaleHorse
Forrest knocked Kimbo out with a head kick.

Source?

Kim Couture stated it in an interview where she also said she wasnt impressed with Nogs performance against sylvia.

It hasnt been confirmed by anyone and more than likely its just a rumor that got alot of publicity due to the names involved and the timing.
Pookie
4/25/08 3:32:54AM
By the looks of alot of people on this thread, Most people here dont realize that whenever Chuck has gone against a striker he gets tooled until the fighter either gasses or until he gets knocked out.
Wanderlei silva is the exception to the rule, good fight for chuck.

Kracker_Jap
4/25/08 10:25:20AM
POOKIE that is another awsome Avatar

BTW does anyone know were I can watch the KIMBO video with subtitles or in english???
vtecmonster
4/25/08 3:43:23PM

Posted by Pookie

By the looks of alot of people on this thread, Most people here dont realize that whenever Chuck has gone against a striker he gets tooled until the fighter either gasses or until he gets knocked out.

Yea you’re right...

Alistar Overeem
Guy Mezger
Vitor Belfort

They have terrible standup.

Kimbo's on the other hand... is world class... he has beat sooo many great strikers.

Pookie
4/25/08 4:23:14PM

Posted by vtecmonster

Posted by Pookie

Yea you’re right...

Alistar Overeem
Guy Mezger
Vitor Belfort

They have terrible standup.

Guy metzger was tooling chuck before getting caught
Alistair Overeem was tooling chuck before gassing and getting caught
and Vitor in alot of peoples minds won that fight(i personally have never watched it though)

So you know, if you actually read my post... What you responded to me about is something i already addressed
Sir_Karl
5/3/08 7:35:44PM
They (Ferguson and Liddell) are just "strutting" around "plugging" their "product".
The-Don
6/6/08 11:45:05AM
WEl Chuck did state that he would go up to HW to fight Fedor.. SO why not use someone like kimbo as practice to get used to fighting at a bigger weight.. the question is is chuck gonna bulk up with muscle to move up.. or would he pudge up ... THe latter may still allow him to get through Kimbo... I mean even if they were equal in striking.. Kimbo would be gasses half way through the 1st round and chuck would just be getting warmed up.. .. Against Fedor chuck pudging up would get him killed.. I'd love to see a bulked up chuck go against Kimbo then Fedor.. Chuck goes one and one in that but it would be great to watch both...
imanidiot777
6/6/08 11:50:27AM

Posted by The-Don

WEl Chuck did state that he would go up to HW to fight Fedor.. SO why not use someone like kimbo as practice to get used to fighting at a bigger weight.. the question is is chuck gonna bulk up with muscle to move up.. or would he pudge up ... THe latter may still allow him to get through Kimbo... I mean even if they were equal in striking.. Kimbo would be gasses half way through the 1st round and chuck would just be getting warmed up.. .. Against Fedor chuck pudging up would get him killed.. I'd love to see a bulked up chuck go against Kimbo then Fedor.. Chuck goes one and one in that but it would be great to watch both...

After seeing Kimbo's latest fight we can obviously see he isn't even the striker people thought, we now know that Chuck would destroy him.