Can Kimbo KO David Blaine?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Can Kimbo KO David Blaine?
DCRage
9/24/08 12:44:48PM
We might find out tonight as part of David Blaine's latest death-defying stunt, according to Mania:

One of the stunts Blaine has on tape that will be part of the broadcast will be him showing off his ability to absorb a punch to the stomach from Elite XC heavyweight fighter Kimbo Slice. The stunt is designed as a tribute to Blaine’s hero Harry Houdini, who died from injuries inflicted from punches to the stomach, according to FightLinker.com.

That’s one heck of a magic trick. Maybe he didn’t see the guy on YouTube who took a hundred bucks to get tackled by Kimbo in full pads. It didn’t work out so well for him.

We shall see. Hopefully Kimbo didn't hold back. Should've mentioned this too the first time: 9 PM ET on ABC is when it airs live.
disorderlyvision
9/24/08 12:59:03PM
David blaine by first round starvation or perhaps sleep deprivation in the third.
grappler0000
9/24/08 2:03:18PM

...The stunt is designed as a tribute to Blaine’s hero Harry Houdini, who died from injuries inflicted from punches to the stomach, according to FightLinker.com.

Only problem is that Houdini died of complications from his appendix, not a punch in the stomach...bad fact checking on fightlinker's part.
Boo_Radley21
9/24/08 3:00:02PM
The real question is can David Blaine ever get busted for posession. The answer is no and I want to learn some of those disappearing tricks in case of a run in with the law haha.
Ben_Hutch
9/24/08 3:03:27PM
I'm hoping this'll be on youtube later
MattHughesFan
9/24/08 3:07:00PM

Posted by grappler0000

...The stunt is designed as a tribute to Blaine’s hero Harry Houdini, who died from injuries inflicted from punches to the stomach, according to FightLinker.com.

Only problem is that Houdini died of complications from his appendix, not a punch in the stomach...bad fact checking on fightlinker's part.

Interestingly enough that has never been proven, though it is widely believed. However some of the legends about Houdini's death were that he was poisoned, or died from an injury suffered after being beaten, both of witch were the responsibility of a congressional of fortunetellers, who were having trouble with business after Houdini claimed that no person had the power to see into the future for speak to the dead. Again none of this has been proven
Ben_Hutch
9/24/08 3:15:02PM
I hope Kimbo punches a hole in his gut.
iwannabesedated
9/24/08 3:25:54PM
Anyone see the south park episode where David Blaine ate his own head..Im sure he could KO Kimbo.
Rollins
9/24/08 3:43:22PM
I'm going on a quest to find that one.
Ben_Hutch
9/24/08 3:58:55PM

Posted by RollinsisGod

I'm going on a quest to find that one.

SouthParkZone

I've never seen the episode but it'll be on there somewhere
SpiderSilva
9/24/08 4:26:52PM
I heard he was taking breaks every hour for this next stunt where he is hanging upside down for 60 hours then take some dive of death. There are picks of him next to a trash can. His PR people said he has to take pee breaks. I say WTF if he is gonna say he will hang there for 60 hours I want 60 hours not 5 min breaks every hour. I was hoping for exploding eye balls
Ben_Hutch
9/24/08 4:52:53PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

I heard he was taking breaks every hour for this next stunt where he is hanging upside down for 60 hours then take some dive of death. There are picks of him next to a trash can. His PR people said he has to take pee breaks. I say WTF if he is gonna say he will hang there for 60 hours I want 60 hours not 5 min breaks every hour. I was hoping for exploding eye balls

I thought his next stunt was that sleep deprivation thing?
grappler0000
9/24/08 5:45:09PM

Posted by MattHughesFan

Posted by grappler0000

Interestingly enough that has never been proven, though it is widely believed. However some of the legends about Houdini's death were that he was poisoned, or died from an injury suffered after being beaten, both of witch were the responsibility of a congressional of fortunetellers, who were having trouble with business after Houdini claimed that no person had the power to see into the future for speak to the dead. Again none of this has been proven

The problem is that for years it was assumed that there was a relationship between his appendix and a punch to the stomach...this is the most common misconception, but there are plenty of others surrounding his death as well. Modern medicine tells us a different story, yet this rumor is so believed (as a result of movies, books, and articles) by the public, it is fairly difficult to convince someone of the truth.
D0wnUnd6e6r
9/24/08 6:05:37PM
hey maybe he can make kimbo disappear...now that would be entertainement
DoTheMMAth
9/24/08 7:09:34PM
Not much of a Kimbo fan, but can't blame him for latching onto any publicity that he can. Hopefully he'll hit Blaine hard enough to make both him and that annoying Chris Angel fellow tap into their coffins...

Assuming that this is ok to say, since neither of them are fighters, thus not fighter bashing Plus TS was nice enough to deposit this gem into the padded room

Am just tired of Blaine's pointless publicity stunts. And Angel is the most emofied annoying faggotrocity I've ever seen in my life. Really, what's next for Blaine? I can see it now...

"Tune into to ABC tonight while David Blaine attempts to set the world record for reading the most greeting cards while sitting on public toilet while a parrot claws his eyeballs out."

Don't even get me started on Angel grrrr
SpiderSilva
9/24/08 8:25:55PM
I just heard something about this today I haven't looked into it but what a tard
MALICE
9/24/08 11:11:47PM
Anybody watch the bullet trick? Pure Bullshit. Watch his face on the different angles.

1st the front angle. He doesn't flinch. No movements at all.

2nd angle, slow motion side angle) You see the ripples through his face, and he blinks, which he did not do in the 1st angle.

3rd angle Back in front. Same as the 1st. He does not Blink.

I hate TV magic and illusions. Blaine and Angel. They claim they do not use camera tricks. But that is all they use. All of the people are stagehands. Anybody can hit pause, and then hit record again.

The reason it upsets me, is because I do card tricks. Have since I was very young. Just for fun though. I don't mean to toot my own horn but I am not bad. It is very fun freaking the s**t out of people.
MALICE
9/24/08 11:16:26PM
OMFG That's it. That is by far his worst illusion.
__LAL__
9/25/08 12:46:05PM
Heres the Video of Kimbo hitting Blaine!

Video

Ben_Hutch
9/25/08 6:08:23PM
When I see a magician I wan't to think "wow, how did he do that?!" not "wow, what a prick".
Aaronno9
9/25/08 6:28:53PM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

When I see a magician I wan't to think "wow, how did he do that?!" not "wow, what a prick".