Kimbo Cut!?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Kimbo Cut!?
MisterFreeze
5/9/10 12:08:36PM
Honestly i'm surprised!!
After the Houston Alexander fight Kimbo was being praised and everyone was saying "Oh i want to see more of him!" and now Kimbo fights a very large heavyweight, does pretty well the first round, gets another couple signature slams in, but loses and he gets cut!?
Kimbo is a huge draw and a huge money maker for Dana. I know Kimbo will never be top competition or even close to it and he will never fight for the title but why not keep him on, have him drop down to Light Heavyweight and put on more freakshow fights with him. A lot of people simply enjoy watching him fight!

Although I suppose Kimbo could always go back to backyard youtube brawls.....
slapshot
5/9/10 12:13:39PM
Honestly Dana probably cant find a way to promote him, its not the lose its how bad he looked in that fight. Personally I dont think the UFC is the place for Kimbo.
MisterFreeze
5/9/10 12:17:16PM

Posted by slapshot

Honestly Dana probably cant find a way to promote him, its not the lose its how bad he looked in that fight. Personally I dont think the UFC is the place for Kimbo.

Yeah you're probably right! I was thinking Matt Mitrione looked like he was going easy on Kimbo. He let him out of submissions, he got off him when he had dominant positions. I think maybe Matt felt bad for Kimbo
sbulldavid
5/9/10 12:34:24PM
I felt that he was going to get cut, he looks so pitiful in defeat, and technically that is his third loss in four fights. He looks like a sad hobo in defeat, I think he got a fair chance, but IMO his hand speed has gone down steadily since his Tank Abbott fight. I thought that Mitrione would be good some day and I think he's definitely working at it, he's got poise, and now he just needs to keep learning and improving.
Twenty20Dollars
5/9/10 12:49:15PM

yay!
TheGodfather1024
5/9/10 1:07:18PM

Posted by slapshot

yea i agree, there just isn't anybody left for him to fight....he would be better off somewhere else...plushe could make a lot more money
Cdellorso
5/9/10 1:36:50PM
Good bye Slice- you wont be missed. "You know what im say'in"
tcunningham
5/9/10 4:56:21PM
the ufc is for top fighters, kimbo had a good attitude and was very professional but that dont win fights. personally i think kimbo just started to late. he came into MMA as a fighter that had already been in way to many wars. with old injuries and the fact that he is getting old, it just wasn't kimbo's time. that was a pitiful display he put on and another fight would just further ruin his career.
mkiv9secsupra
5/9/10 5:46:54PM
Kimbo being cut was to be expected...honestly i dont think ive seen a fighter with worse cardio in the past 2-3 years, which made his fights that much more eye gouging to watch. Dana was waiting for the first chance since that snoozer of a fight against Houston
BustedKnuckle
5/9/10 6:03:15PM
He'll bounce back for sure. SF will most likley pick him up. i wasn't surprised at all by this. He looked really bad against meathead. In turn Mitrione looked to have some potential.
ChokeUout
5/9/10 6:21:48PM
If you told me he'd be cut if he lost before the fight i would have disagreed with you.

However, Kimbo looked horrible last night against an average fighter in meathead. And honestly, Average is being kind here.

If Meathead can smash Kimbo like that, Kimbo won't beat anyone in the HW division.
prozacnation1978
5/9/10 6:38:30PM
i wasnt expecting kimbo cut at all i thought at least another fight but yet
ryan jensen lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!
seanfu
5/9/10 7:13:30PM

Posted by BustedKnuckle

He'll bounce back for sure. SF will most likley pick him up. i wasn't surprised at all by this. He looked really bad against meathead. In turn Mitrione looked to have some potential.

Kimbo vs Herschel for a shot at Fedor!!!!
BustedKnuckle
5/9/10 7:43:53PM
Actually that was the fight i was leaning toward if he does go to SF. It would be a huge draw to the casual fan being it would be on cable television!

EDIT: Sounds like a fight Fedor could get behind as well!!!!......I'm serious!!
seanfu
5/9/10 11:44:53PM

Posted by BustedKnuckle

Actually that was the fight i was leaning toward if he does go to SF. It would be a huge draw to the casual fan being it would be on cable television!

EDIT: Sounds like a fight Fedor could get behind as well!!!!......I'm serious!!

The funny part is when Kimbo knocks fedor out in a freak fight and strikeforce then collapses. lol my imagination.
BlueSkiesBurn
5/10/10 8:24:31PM
I saw this coming and I am not surprised by it in the least. He looked REALLY bad in defeat. Not to mention his legs and knees were already an issue on the show and if Mitrione had wanted to, he was probably about 2 leg kicks away from forcing Kimbo to tap from those. Or at least a stoppage.
gcraig22
5/11/10 5:10:52PM
Kimbo can go to Dream and fight Canseco, Minowaman, and Hong Man Choi. He can make tons of cash over there. They love his style of fighting.

New Years Eve: Kimbo Slice vs. Don Frye
BlueSkiesBurn
5/11/10 5:26:33PM
You must have missed this thread.

MMA Legend Don Frye scheduled for third back surgury on Tuesday

Having taken care of someone with multiple back surgeries there's no way Don Frye could be in fight shape by New Years.
MisterFreeze
5/12/10 11:36:19AM
Well I just hope this doesn't cause the UFC to scrap Kimbos action figure coming out in series 4 of the MMA Deluxe....
BlueSkiesBurn
5/12/10 4:35:12PM

Are you joking? I will totally buy one.