kimbo vs.big country

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » kimbo vs.big country
voodoo-jitsu
6/29/08 12:36:35AM
i was looking on ifl web site and thier reporting a possible fight between kimbo and nelson they said it would be the first co-promotional event sorry i dont have a link im not sure how to do that
Mchubb316
6/29/08 1:07:07AM
Kimbo would have a chance against any pure striker. If it goes past the first, his chances of winning go down drastically. I would like to see this fight happen. I thought Kimbo was fighting in October against Rogers?
warglory
6/29/08 1:38:48AM

Posted by Mchubb316

Kimbo would have a chance against any pure striker. If it goes past the first, his chances of winning go down drastically. I would like to see this fight happen. I thought Kimbo was fighting in October against Rogers?

That Rogers fight actually hasn't been finalized unlike what has been previously reported. To answer the question though, I'd say that Kimbo had a puncher's chance, and nothing else. Roy is too damn good and too damn tough, also, if Kimbo's cardio is anything like his last bout, Big Country will roll over him quite easily.
Jipper
6/29/08 9:44:47PM
1st I'm not a Kimbo hater. I totally see why EliteXC & the UFC signed them but I don't think he or Lesner should be headlining any MMA card. To me it's an insult to MMA as a sport and to MMA fans. The you tube/WWE fans who buy b/c of them would still but with them as the 1st televised fight of the night as opposed to the main event. Even so that's not Kimbo's fault and is totally laid on the organizations. I actually think people are too hard on Kimbo. He fought James Thompson in his 3rd fight for Bas's/Pete's/christ's sake.

Don't think I believe this but if it happened,

That being said, I've watched Roy face strikers like Rothwell & Curran and think the fight would go like this,
Roy has a far superior ground game would get Kimbo down if he wanted and pound him out or easily submit him.
Roy will stand the entire fight at times. If he decided to do that he has a good chin, don't think Kimbo would KO him. Roy could outstrike Kimbo into a KO or TKO.
The-Don
6/29/08 10:09:01PM
FRom what we saw of Kimboin his fight with Thompson.. and decent fighter should be able to explot Kimbo rather easily... I do not think prospects for Kimbo look good unless Bas has him training almost around the clock.
rabbit915
6/29/08 11:44:30PM
Roy Nelson is no joke. He would definately win that fight if it was fought in the IFL. But im still calling EliteXC shenanigans on that Kimbo-Thompson stoppage and im not sure if Nelson could put him away quick enough to not get screwed.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
6/30/08 12:05:19AM
big country would smash kimbo no doubt. a desperate kimbo would be trying to take down country after taking to many shots and gassing. country will sprawl n brawl for the knockout.