KIMBO who is NEXT ?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » KIMBO who is NEXT ?
MrMean
7/27/08 10:48:03AM
Anyone know when and who KIMBO might be fighting in the future ?
DonnieDarko
7/27/08 10:54:02AM
not being mean, but this news section go to the forums
CCPRIDE99
7/27/08 11:24:16AM
brett rogers in october is what i thought
who cares anyways...
IriShame
7/27/08 1:40:30PM
KIMBO is going to fight capital letters! He is upset with them being used unnecessarily.
casey64
7/27/08 2:43:38PM
I believe it is Brett Rogers.
casketcoin
7/27/08 6:58:02PM
Ive said it before and I will say it again Bill Cosby
mrsmiley
7/27/08 10:27:31PM
According the Sherdog they might not give Rogers his chance to fight Kimbo.Their're trying to protect Kimbo and give him the easiet fights possible to keep his star on the rise.
whardin19
7/27/08 10:38:37PM
Probably another CAN, because Brett Rogers is to tough a fight for Kimbo right now. They don't want a chance the main man will get KO'ed. Although I see him beating Rogers if they fight.
coldchillin
7/28/08 1:29:55AM
Brett Rogers is the perfect opponent for him right now... we all know Rogers will stand with him and exchange strikes. It would be a fight that would give Kimbo a little credibility as well.
rabbit915
7/28/08 9:04:52AM
They might through him Justin Eihlers. Hes a UFC veteran which gives him instant credibility to some and he will likely stand and exchange with him. He also doesnt have the best chin so Kimbo has a chance for a big KO.
JimiMak
7/28/08 4:55:37PM
Oct 4. Maybe Rogers, tho as has been mentioned they don't want a real tough guy. So I'm guessing Eilers, like rabbit
DevonFoxy
7/28/08 10:01:03PM
More than likely its Rodgers but if its not we will see this.....

Jackelope
7/28/08 10:26:28PM
Need to paint "TOMATO" on the side of it LOL

Jackelope
7/28/08 10:31:05PM
Here you go-

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
mrsmiley
7/29/08 2:21:42PM

Posted by Jackelope

Here you go-

Ricco would be proud.
fullerene
7/29/08 3:52:42PM

Posted by JimiMak

Oct 4. Maybe Rogers, tho as has been mentioned they don't want a real tough guy. So I'm guessing Eilers, like rabbit

Eilers is a tougher fight than Rogers.

Kimbo hasn't been fed cans given his level of experience fighting and training in MMA and the fact that he doesn't have any notable experience in any other combat sport (I'm not counting bareknuckle backyard fighting). Fighting guys with roughly even win-loss records who have 20-30 fights experience is a tall order for a guy's first three fights.
Jackelope
7/29/08 6:58:02PM

Posted by fullerene

Posted by JimiMak

Eilers is a tougher fight than Rogers.

Kimbo hasn't been fed cans given his level of experience fighting and training in MMA and the fact that he doesn't have any notable experience in any other combat sport (I'm not counting bareknuckle backyard fighting). Fighting guys with roughly even win-loss records who have 20-30 fights experience is a tall order for a guy's first three fights.

I agree with all the points made.

My only thing is that they've made him the face of an organization which has better fighters in it. (Eilers, Rogers, Antonio Silva) EliteXC got scared by the JT fight, and in my opinion it shows in their most recent broadcast. I think they try to build him back up with a huge KO over a tomato can.

I used to be a Kimbo supporter in the sense that it wasn't his fault he was being made huge by his promoters. When all the antics went down at the press conference after his fight with JT I lost some respect for him. (For Rogers, too)
chris91301
7/31/08 1:46:50AM
this isnt exactly on topic, but kimbo is horrible. i know its just my opinion, but his ground game with james thompson was painful to watch, i quit watching halfway through round 2 to go do something more exciting like doing laundry.
mrkennedy
7/31/08 3:15:15AM
ron waterman or brett rogers
Taylor8766
7/31/08 12:54:13PM
I'm almost positive his next fight will be Brett Rogers, and I hope Rogers destroys him, I hate KIMBO