Kimbo

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Kimbo
DiabloFreak56
5/27/08 6:12:11PM
i dont know if its just me but its pissing me off how much exposure kimbo is getting and he hasnt fought anyone good. and even his upcoming fight James Thompson is not even that good. and now that kimbo is on the new ESPN Magazine cover i think he is getting way way to much hype.. and once he fights someone good for example TITO ORTIZ maybe we can really see if hes good
puppetmaster837
5/27/08 6:17:58PM
It is getting a little bit ridiculous. but its good for the first guy to beat him because of how hyped he is
Raykill
5/27/08 6:28:25PM
please dont get me started, I think I have made a comment about him on just about every post I have made. Yes please have a real fight and not just another WWE fight and maybe I will stop talking crap about him. I really like JT but really he's been KO'ed 8 out his last 9 losses I think it is. Come on now, stop the hype and get a real fight....
jiujitsufreak74
5/27/08 6:53:19PM

Posted by Raykill

please dont get me started, I think I have made a comment about him on just about every post I have made. Yes please have a real fight and not just another WWE fight and maybe I will stop talking crap about him. I really like JT but really he's been KO'ed 8 out his last 9 losses I think it is. Come on now, stop the hype and get a real fight....

well i agree with oyu about Kimbo but i like JT. he is the Wanderlei of the HW division only he has a weaker chin. and just so you know JT only has 8 total losses with 7 of them coming by KO but he has 14 total wins with 9 of them coming form KO.
backalley101
5/27/08 7:16:21PM
Stop hatin' on Big Kimbo.He will prove himself in time young grasshopper
Coloss
5/27/08 7:19:29PM
LOL, guys, don't you understand that Kimbo is on the cover of the new ESPN magazine just cuz the people talk a lot about him and probably want to see him just right there which is going to "sell" the magazine much more successful.
Cdellorso
5/27/08 10:50:53PM
is it fair to say that we hate the hype that Kimbos promoters and the not so savvy MMA fans are whirling up with?? Cant blame Kimbo- hes a vehichle to make Money and a sideshow right now- Roger Huerta did not deserve the espn coverage he got - K-flo will prove that- like in poker you must be patient- he will either retire with an unblemished unremarkable record of canned KOs or he will get beat. If he gets beat then he either gets better or he starts dropping excuses- lets wait till then to decide about Kimbo right now he is trusting his promoters to make him money- thats it. does he want to be the best?? I am not sure yet- we will see if he starts getting more vocal with them about fight choices. For now lets quit bringing him up

the more we talk about him- the more we hear about him and i just dont care to care about him anymore-
NinjaCyborg
5/28/08 1:12:51AM
I find Kimbo entertaining.
To me it's like a comparison between Kung-Fu movies and real street fights.
We all know that Kung-Fu movies are choreographed and are fake, but I like to watch them anyway because I am entertained by them, not because I believe Kung-Fu movies accurately represent MMA.

It's the same for Kimbo with me. He fights, and I like to watch him fight; not because he's a top heavyweight, but simply because he's entertaining.

I also like to watch Kimbo fight because I want to see who the first person to beat him will be.

I say give the guy a break and enjoy his fights.
telnights
5/28/08 4:03:42AM
I will say this again Kimbo maybe this good guy that respects the sport but its what he stands for and how Gary Shaw is marketing him that makes him bad for MMA. Gary Shaw doesn't care about MMA he only cares about short term money. Boxing almost died off because of the same BS like this that Gary Shaw and others pulled in boxing and now are doing it in MMA. People talk ill of Dana but Gary Shaw is a 100% times worse than Dana ever will be. Now Gary has direct access to main stream media. Can only hope the EliteXC dies off before Shaw can do any real damage.
Kracker_Jap
5/28/08 11:47:45AM
I wonder if the mods can just Sticky this thread untill he loses and the hype crumbles???

I'm guilty my self for startin Kimbo threads But its getttin pretty redundant
backalley101
5/28/08 2:37:30PM
Dana and Shaw dont care about no one. All they care about is the money they can make .
loonytnt
5/28/08 5:38:52PM
kimbo is whatever, now espn does not know ANYTHING ABOUT MMA so imo that why kimbo is there boy