Kim Couture Surprised at UFC’s Disregard for Brock Lesnar’s Safety

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Kim Couture Surprised at UFC’s Disregard for Brock Lesnar’s Safety
Next Page »
rycanto
9/3/08 12:46:18PM
And let the shit talking begin:
Round 1, Kim Couture.

"“It’s surprising to me, shocking that they’d throw a guy in there with only three fights. I kind of feel sorry for the guy. "

Next step for the UFC....a co headliner Husband and wife fight?

Link
nickcuc547
9/3/08 12:48:14PM
haha, she may be feeling sorry for randy after brock gets through with him, i just don't see any way that randy wins this fight.
DaBeatdown
9/3/08 1:01:11PM

Posted by nickcuc547

haha, she may be feeling sorry for randy after brock gets through with him, i just don't see any way that randy wins this fight.

Are you high?
gabe531
9/3/08 1:24:22PM
i have brock taking this fight but i wont go on to say that randy has no chance to win this. he is the master at gameplans but i just think lesnar is too big and athletic for him.

but at the topic we are under:

He’s no bigger or tougher than (Gabe) Gonzaga or Tim Sylvia.”

has she seen brock?? if i was brock i would try to swing a deal with randy that winner gets the losers wife for a nite . kim and sable would be a better present then the ufc title imo
nickcuc547
9/3/08 1:37:58PM

Posted by DaBeatdown

Posted by nickcuc547

Are you high?

tell me how randy wins, he doesn't have ko power, he doesn't have good subs off his back and lesnar is a bigger stronger guy who will win the wrestling battle. so how will randy do it?
rabbit915
9/3/08 1:40:26PM
Has she seen Brock fight before? Ill probaly pick randy to win but its going to be by a frantic submission from his back if anything. If anyone is going to win in a destructive fashion is going to be Lesnar.
DiabloFreak56
9/3/08 1:40:33PM

Posted by nickcuc547

how can you say that dude
AchillesHeel
9/3/08 1:44:38PM

Posted by nickcuc547

I am gonna make so much money on this fight...
finnish_line
9/3/08 1:50:34PM

Somebody give Sable a mic. Give her a mic right now!

The next two months are going to be so great.
scpd400
9/3/08 1:56:08PM
I think its starting to sound like trash from the WWE "that sucks" like the WWE
grappler0000
9/3/08 1:58:43PM

Posted by nickcuc547

Posted by DaBeatdown

Posted by nickcuc547

Are you high?

tell me how randy wins, he doesn't have ko power, he doesn't have good subs off his back and lesnar is a bigger stronger guy who will win the wrestling battle. so how will randy do it?

1. How do you know Lesnar wins the wrestling battle? Couture has the upper hand in MMA wrestling experience. He was runner up at nationals, which is only one place behind what Brock achieved...not to mention he continued his wrestling beyond the college level, unlike Lesnar. Randy also has an advantage with his Greco background, along with Olympic level experience.

2. How do you know he doesn't have good subs off his back? Even though he prefers GnP, we all know that Randy has a good submission game. As far as from his back goes, I'm not sure how one would judge that...what I'm trying to say is that he hasn't been on his back in 6 years. If your basis is from the Barnett or Ricco fights in '02, you have to consider that those guys have some of the best ground games in the HW division.

To answer your question, I see Randy submitting Brock.
imanidiot777
9/3/08 2:21:51PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by nickcuc547

Posted by DaBeatdown

Posted by nickcuc547

Are you high?

1. How do you know Lesnar wins the wrestling battle? Couture has the upper hand in MMA wrestling experience. He was runner up at nationals, which is only one place behind what Brock achieved...not to mention he continued his wrestling beyond the college level, unlike Lesnar. Randy also has an advantage with his Greco background, along with Olympic level experience.

2. How do you know he doesn't have good subs off his back? Even though he prefers GnP, we all know that Randy has a good submission game. As far as from his back goes, I'm not sure how one would judge that...what I'm trying to say is that he hasn't been on his back in 6 years. If your basis is from the Barnett or Ricco fights in '02, you have to consider that those guys have some of the best ground games in the HW division.

Size and strength might not matter so much when you are 20 or 30 lbs apart but by fight time, the day after the weigh-in Brock is going to out-weigh randy by at LEAST 40 Lbs,he said he was almost 280 by fight time against Herring. The scary part is he is still FAST at that size. That big of a size and strength difference WILL throw the wrestling game his way.

If Randy can win it will have to be a sub off the back since strength doesn't necessary matter that much there.
imanidiot777
9/3/08 2:23:48PM
Kim Couture needs to have her eyes checked, I could careless if Sylvia weighed in at Brock's weight hes 6'8", Brock is FAR strong and more athletic than Sylvia. Gonzaga didn't even attempt to use his BJJ game against Couture and he's not nearly as strong as Brock either.
Aether
9/3/08 2:47:25PM
God... This fight is more than 2 months away and already their WIVES are going to start talking sh*t. I can tell already that there is going to be a ridiculous buildup to this fight. I bet they asked Randy to start hyping the fight but since he is too respectful they worked his wife.

This mudslinging doesn't interest me. They're going to get in a cage and beat each other down for 25 minutes, let their fists do the talking on the day.
wrona666
9/3/08 2:49:25PM
This brod just needs to keep her mouth shut cause at the end of the day this fight could go eigther way.....
emfleek
9/3/08 3:17:24PM
Might I suggest the following?

Kim Couture -vs- Reno Mero in a bra/panties match

I'm just sayin...
whardin19
9/3/08 3:25:46PM
This is one example of why I don't like Kim Couture. She's a big mouth. Brock isn't no push over and he's going to give Randy all he can handle.

WAR BROCK!!!
CantAndleDaRiddum
9/3/08 3:26:14PM
this fight will be built up so much.....& the ufc hype machine isnt even at work yet
Pyrenus
9/3/08 3:37:11PM
The only way Brock can win is by riding Couture for 5 rounds.

You don't think Randy can submit or KO brock in 25 minutes of MMA?
dannyfrank
9/3/08 4:13:11PM
who, you mean this chick?

she does look like she knows a bit about beat-downs
WrestlersAssassin
9/3/08 4:59:19PM
lol Randy automatically gets a shot at the title he vacated? he dosnt have to fight the Interim AKA the real UFC champ in Nog? maybe I missed something but this is best case scenario for Randy (go figure dana gives him a fight he wants) even though I see him getting KO'd early. He dosnt have that great of submissions at all and hes not going to be able to control Brock who has the decided strength advantage which will take Randys "superior MMA wrestling" away completly. Randy will have to get lucky, and he should be ashamed for his actions the past couple months, I hate saying this but I hope Brock becomes champ at 3-1.
Bumpy
9/3/08 6:00:07PM

Posted by nickcuc547

Posted by DaBeatdown

Posted by nickcuc547

Are you high?

Experience, skills in greco roman wrestling, boxing, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, muay thai, he was a six-time champion in the UFC, he is 15-8 with 7 of those being KO and 2 subs. So what does Brock bring, amateur wrestler and a 2-1 record, so what he is big, just because you are a big dude you can fight and take on a well astablished fighter? Im not sayin the man cant fight or does not have a chance, but all any one can say about him is, "hes a big guy and hes strong".
imanidiot777
9/3/08 6:23:12PM

Posted by WrestlersAssassin

lol Randy automatically gets a shot at the title he vacated? he dosnt have to fight the Interim AKA the real UFC champ in Nog? maybe I missed something but this is best case scenario for Randy (go figure dana gives him a fight he wants) even though I see him getting KO'd early. He dosnt have that great of submissions at all and hes not going to be able to control Brock who has the decided strength advantage which will take Randys "superior MMA wrestling" away completly. Randy will have to get lucky, and he should be ashamed for his actions the past couple months, I hate saying this but I hope Brock becomes champ at 3-1.

He never vacated the belt he is the champ still. They let him keep the belt as long as he was under contract and he was under contract through all of this crap that has been going on. Noguiera was still interim this whole time.
nickcuc547
9/3/08 6:40:45PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by nickcuc547

Posted by DaBeatdown

Posted by nickcuc547

Are you high?

1. brock has a ridiculous size advantage, couture ways about 225 to brock's about 280 by fight time.

2. until i see randy pull off a sub from his back i can't say he has good subs from his back. and lesnar has the best shot in the hw division.
grappler0000
9/3/08 7:41:41PM

Posted by nickcuc547

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by nickcuc547

Posted by DaBeatdown

Posted by nickcuc547

Are you high?

1. brock has a ridiculous size advantage, couture ways about 225 to brock's about 280 by fight time.

2. until i see randy pull off a sub from his back i can't say he has good subs from his back. and lesnar has the best shot in the hw division.

1. The point is...they both have advantages in the area of wrestling, so it's not a given that Lesnar will win the wrestling battle.

2. The point is...you can't conclusively say that he doesn't have good subs off his back. Look what happened when people assumed that Tito didn't have subs off of his back only because they weren't accustomed to seeing it. We know that Randy has a solid submission game, but haven't seen him utilize them from that position...so basically, if you don't know then don't state it as fact.
telnights
9/3/08 11:10:46PM
I think it will be a good fight. I don't really care for anything Kim Couture says at all. I really thing she is the one that caused all these problems in the first place. I also think she is just a snake in the grass and think Randy would be better off without her.
DevonFoxy
9/3/08 11:21:13PM
Doesn't really matter what she sas the fact of the matter is people keep picking against Randy and he'll keep proving to you that at 45 he's better than he was at 35.

I love it because everyone always counts him out and then he wins and there like oh man "I'm not doubting him again" and they do the same exact thing his next fight.

Couture will pull this off he always does people and you don't think Randy is going to be training submissions off his back for this fight??? Thats probably the first thing he's going to be doing.
MaxOne
9/4/08 1:26:24PM

He's not getting the title shot...Brock is. Randy was still the champ. He was never stripped. That is why Nog is the interim champ. The winner of this fight gets the winner of Mir vs. Nog and then there will no longer be an interim champ...just a champ.
WrestlersAssassin
9/4/08 4:03:39PM

Posted by imanidiot777

He never vacated the belt he is the champ still. They let him keep the belt as long as he was under contract and he was under contract through all of this crap that has been going on. Noguiera was still interim this whole time.

Oh, I figured he was gone too long and was stripped ( he should have been and has to work his way back up like he never has before) but still, their giving Brock a shot instead of Nog or Mir? Thats a slap in the face to those 2 and they should be upset. This might sound cliche but I'm getting tired of this popularity contest crap.
tooly236
9/4/08 6:56:20PM
This is why women should not speak, or drive cars for that matter.
Pages: [1] 2