'Killer' Curry Contestants Hospitalized

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » 'Killer' Curry Contestants Hospitalized
Kpro
10/9/11 3:01:46AM
Two people have been taken to hospital following the "world's hottest chilli" competition at an Edinburgh Indian restaurant.

Emergency services were called to the Kismot restaurant in St Leonards Street on Saturday afternoon after some competitors became "very unwell".

The competition involves people eating the "Kismot Killer" curry.

The Scottish Ambulance Service is now calling for a review into how the event is managed.

On the restaurant's website it insists that participants sign a legal disclaimer before taking part in the competition, which raises money for the Scottish children's charity Chas.

It is understood that members of the British Red Cross were on hand at the event, but the Scottish Ambulance Service still had to be called because two people had such a violent reaction.

Curie Kim, 21, an American student on an exchange to Edinburgh University, said she decided to enter the challenge when she saw it advertised in the restaurant.

She told the BBC Scotland's news website: "It was very painful and felt like I was being chainsawed in the stomach with hot sauce on the chainsaw.

LINK
Kpro
10/9/11 3:03:28AM
I don't know if it's funnier that it was for a children's charity or the participant's description of the way it felt to eat it.
ncordless
10/9/11 4:05:13AM
"It was very painful and felt like I was being chainsawed in the stomach with hot sauce on the chainsaw."

mmmm. . . hotsauce on a chainsaw. . .