What Killed Ryan Gracie

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » What Killed Ryan Gracie
juanez13
2/19/08 10:00:22PM
The coroner’s report from GracieMag.com:

A little over two months since the death of Ryan Gracie, on December 15, the first toxicology report on the black belt’s death was released yesterday by the program Fantastico, on Brazilian television. According to the program, the document stated that Ryan’s death was not of natural causes. Listed in the report, therapeutic doses of the medicines midasolan, alprazolan, prometazina, clozapina, haloperidol and the fighter had already used intoxicating substances. Based on analysis of the report, the authorities will determine what caused Ryan Gracie’s death. Cardiorespiratory failure seems to be the most probable cause.

LINK
RMFG_187
2/20/08 2:46:30AM
seems like he had a OD, and had cardiovascular issues. no clue what drugs those are, but they sound bad.
Kpro
2/20/08 3:06:09AM
Midazolam - The drug given to death row inmates before execution. A very powerful sedative with powerful anxiolytic, amnestic, hypnotic, anticonvulsant, skeletal muscle relaxant and sedative properties

Alprazolam - Otherwise known as Xanax; also a benzodiazepine, used to treat panic attacks; powerful sedative.

Prometazina - strong anticholinergic and sedative/hypnotic effects. Previously it was used as an antipsychotic, although it is generally not administered for this purpose now. Known to be a popular recreational drug when combined with codeine in prescription cough syrup as made famous in the song "sippin on some sizzurp" by Three 6 Mafia

Clozapine - the only FDA-approved medication indicated for treatment-resistant schizophrenia and for reducing the risk of suicidal behaviour in patients with schizophrenia

Haloperidol - Used in the treatment of schizophrenia and, more acutely, in the treatment of acute psychotic states and delirium.

He had also used intoxicating substances.

More importantly than the title suggests, what DIDN'T kill Ryan Gracie.

I won't even list the side effects of these drugs, as I'm not trying to write a 10,000 word essay.
Manfred
2/20/08 3:33:27AM
to the TS for the find and to Kpro for the break down

Edit: Sorry Juanez, gotta spread
CornishMMA
2/20/08 6:00:05AM
Kpro is like the best pharmacist eva

Damn tho, that is quite a list! Its such a shame as he did have a real talent but was always a "tortured soul" (as the media always describes these people) and im sure he knew and most people thought he would end up this way, but its still a tragedy
RMFG_187
2/20/08 10:48:45AM

Posted by Manfred

to the TS for the find and to Kpro for the break down

Edit: Sorry Juanez, gotta spread

yep props guys

and thanks kpro for explaining too me. is there a drug out there to help me with my MMA Rehab?
moob
2/20/08 1:06:13PM
The fact he took 'intoxicating substances' is a pretty bit no-no when under the listed medication.