Would it kill dana to put one big event on the charity card!!??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Would it kill dana to put one big event on the charity card!!??
POLL: Does it bug you too?
Extremely 19% (9)
Yes 25% (12)
No 56% (27)
haggiswashere
11/19/08 12:48:06AM
It friggin pisses me off. Its a cool charity and i wish he would have put at least ONE big profile fight to draw in casual viewers. I know alot of you would think some are cool fights but im talking about people that the casuals would know. I mean its for charity and everything.anyone else pissed about it too?
Wolfenstein
11/19/08 1:00:17AM
The fights are for free, so I'm not going to complain too much. Yes there definetely could have been some more high-profile fighters, but I'm pleased with the match-making as many of the fights are even. I also think Yoshida vs Koscheck is a really exciting main event. Frankie Edgar vs Wiman should be a great fight, and Nate Loughran vs Credeur should be another great fight.

I think the casual fan would actually be pleased with the numerus TUF alum making their way onto the card like Tim Credeur, Ben Saunders, Corey Hill, and Josh Koscheck.
ohiostate1016
11/19/08 8:45:35AM
I does bug me, too. Kinda weird that he is basically counting on Koscheck to pull in a bunch of viewers. Yoshida isn't bringing in many, and guys like Wiman, Saunders, and Credeur are probably some of the least known TUFfers out there.
tooly236
11/19/08 9:43:19AM

Posted by haggiswashere

It friggin pisses me off. Its a cool charity and i wish he would have put at least ONE big profile fight to draw in casual viewers. I know alot of you would think some are cool fights but im talking about people that the casuals would know. I mean its for charity and everything.anyone else pissed about it too?

I am not attacking you man, but people like you are the reason that people with money never do anything for the world. I am a buisness owner and I have employees like you, no matter what I give them for a bonus or party etc., it is never good enough. Some people just like to complain. The UFC is in it's prime right now, and have no reason to be giving anything out for free, appreciate what they are doing, and don't ruin it for the rest of us.
emfleek
11/19/08 9:51:53AM

Posted by tooly236

Posted by haggiswashere

I am not attacking you man, but people like you are the reason that people with money never do anything for the world. I am a buisness owner and I have employees like you, no matter what I give them for a bonus or party etc., it is never good enough. Some people just like to complain. The UFC is in it's prime right now, and have no reason to be giving anything out for free, appreciate what they are doing, and don't ruin it for the rest of us.

I hate to say it, but I agree. Enough never seems to be enough.
copcopps
11/19/08 11:05:56AM
Not particularly, its a free event, plus I think Koscheck is a decent name in the main event. Plus Frankie Edgar, Ben Saunders and others are names in TUF
cowcatcher
11/19/08 11:19:37AM

Posted by tooly236

Posted by haggiswashere

gotta agree, but this is the internet, a complainers paradise.
Rush
11/19/08 11:22:24AM
IMO free events are to get exposure for the less known fighters and well known fighters are to sell PPVs
GrizzlyChadams
11/19/08 2:20:56PM
I don't understand how someone can honestly complain about a FREE, CHARITY ufc event. Honestly, do you have that much time on your hands?

The card has names like Koscheck and Swick, which are enough to keep me interested, not to mention some other great match ups FOR FREE!
haggiswashere
11/20/08 1:14:28AM
Im not mad that i don't get to see a big fight. we have a ton going on within like 4 months. what i am mad about is them not sacrificing a big fight to raise money. they seem like they are just doing it for publicity.
jae_1833
11/22/08 11:46:14PM
I don't care .....thanks to Juanez, I watch every event for free anyways. TVU
casey64
11/23/08 8:53:54AM
They could have a better main event, but I'm not going to complain, free event so I'll be watching.
warglory
11/23/08 10:29:21AM
I think the card is prety stacked with up and comers to be honest. This is an unprecedented event, and if it goes over well with ratings and money racked in for the charity, I am willing to bet the UFC will do it again, perhaps bigger. Give this idea a chance to cultivate, it could turn into a positive tradition for the company.
JimiMak
11/23/08 5:57:35PM
some ppl just need to bitch about everything.
nickcuc547
11/23/08 6:01:46PM

Posted by Rush

IMO free events are to get exposure for the less known fighters and well known fighters are to sell PPVs

exactly
JBatch
11/24/08 1:02:13PM
I got no problem with this card and with all the huge events recently and extremely exciting fights I would not be pissed if this free card was a snoozefest. I am just a bit angry that we don't get to see Brian Stann fighting on the "Fight for the Troops" card, would have been sweet but the damn injury bug striked again.
RiseUp21
11/24/08 11:47:46PM
mac danzig/josh neer added
amir sadollah/nick catone added

EDIT: these are on FIght NIght 17 in Feb. not on Fight for the Troops.
Layton_Villan
11/29/08 2:22:08PM
It's a free event and that is good for my wallet! There are more exciting UFC events ahead to close the 2008 year. I am anxiously eager to see another Nor-Cal fighter breaking into the UFC. Nate Loughran is fighting in his 2nd UFC and ready to make an impact at 185lbs. Creduer is a good fighter and i think this fight will have tap-out of the night!
dannyfrank
11/29/08 3:54:42PM
im not pissed about it, but i see where you're coming from.

what haggis is trying to say is that since they are doing this for charity, they need to have at least one big name so that more people watch. lets face it, the casual fans DEFINITELY outnumber the hardcore fans and if the casual fans dont watch, then they make no money. an example of this would be my sister. she would NEVER watch this event because the only name she'll probably recognize is Kos, who she hates. the casual fans dont want to watch to see up-and-comers. they want to watch big names that everyone knows. sorry, but it's the truth

as for me, im just happy that i dont have to stream another event off my computer
soundboy1
12/2/08 10:30:32PM
It is definitely a good opportunity to draw in viewers. I have always felt they should have more free fight nights. One a month would be great. I mean use lower tier fighters and then you have two hours to hype your next ppv and probably make a profit off the event from the gate.