Are you kidding me?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Are you kidding me?
Hendo67
2/5/09 5:11:38PM
Shogun vs Liddell winner is the number 1 contender...

Machida has 6 wins, yet gets shafted again...

Liddell has one win in his last 4 fights...

This is absolutely disgusting, imo.
cmill21
2/5/09 5:19:57PM
Then i'm hoping Shogun wins in devastating fashion, because then at least he's got two in a row and an impressive win. Machida deserves the shot...
haggiswashere
2/5/09 5:28:50PM

Posted by Hendo67

Shogun vs Liddell winner is the number 1 contender...

Source?
nickcuc547
2/5/09 5:31:27PM
ya dana said machida is next after rampage right now to mmamania, both of these guys have to be at least one more fight away, that would still be shitty but they can't be any closer.
casey64
2/5/09 6:17:03PM
If Rampage loses then Machida gets the title shot, Rampage wins, he gets the shot.
Franklinfan47
2/5/09 6:24:13PM
People really need to start posting sources, because I have a hard time believing this one.
cmill21
2/5/09 6:26:56PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

People really need to start posting sources, because I have a hard time believing this one.

Well it is Chuck, if he wins I would put money down that he'd get a title shot.
Franklinfan47
2/5/09 6:33:46PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Franklinfan47

Well it is Chuck, if he wins I would put money down that he'd get a title shot.

I respectfully disagree. He got brutally KO'd by the champ less than a year ago, and I dont think even Dana is bold enough to give him a shot after just one fight.
tmas
2/5/09 6:34:22PM
this has been rumor for a while that they were trying to find a way to get chuck a shot.......then he lost to Rashad in devestating fashion. He isnt getting a shot if he beats Shogun, this fight was suppose to happen now it will, whoever wins is 1 or 2 fights away from a shot..... it goes like this.

1st Crack
Rampage
2nd
Machida/Forrest (possible fight)
3rd
Jardine
4th
Shogun/Liddell.

If Rashad loses that sets back Shogun/Chuck even more.
haggiswashere
2/5/09 6:40:46PM

Posted by tmas

this has been rumor for a while that they were trying to find a way to get chuck a shot.......then he lost to Rashad in devestating fashion. He isnt getting a shot if he beats Shogun, this fight was suppose to happen now it will, whoever wins is 1 or 2 fights away from a shot..... it goes like this.

1st Crack
Rampage
2nd
Machida/Forrest (possible fight)
3rd
Jardine
4th
Shogun/Liddell.

If Rashad loses that sets back Shogun/Chuck even more.

word.
DCRage
2/5/09 6:47:58PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

Indeed, or if this is just TS' opinion it needs to be clearly stated.
Twenty20Dollars
2/5/09 7:16:43PM
I think Jardine has a better chance at getting a title shot than Liddell does, if keith beats rampage. Only Idk if Jardine would fight Evans?
tlangley
2/5/09 9:41:41PM
We would already have Rashad v Rampage if Rashad didn't want more time off and Rampage wanted to wait
Drudinh
2/6/09 8:21:44PM
forrest is the only one who has a chance of taking out machida anytime soon IMO
haggiswashere
2/6/09 8:22:42PM
I think its pretty safe to delete this one if ts can't provide a source.
jocksmall
2/7/09 1:24:06PM
i agree with original post but dana has to sell this shogun fight with chuck so thats how he did it. your right its stupid that either guy could be a head of machada. they are both bigger fan favorites and that the only reason, but its not fair.
anomoly
2/7/09 7:16:05PM
rashad will beat any of them. i haven't been impressed with Shogun in the UFC thus far... hopefully he can prove me wrong in his next fight but i have Chuck by head knock off.

Rashad will whoop chuck again...

Rampage and Machida are two great fights for Rashad, we'll see what happens