KID Yamamoto vs Urijah Faber

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » KID Yamamoto vs Urijah Faber
MikeVicks_DoggyDayCare
10/28/07 12:57:29AM
I tried to search for it but ended up empty handed (idk maybe I was doin it wrong or somethin) It's been brought up before on sherdog and other mma forums so I just wanted to know what you guys thought about it.

Kid Yamamoto vs. Urijah Faber

Who takes it???? I got KID winning the fight by KO in the 2nd. He's got olympic level wrestling, k-1 level striking, great submissions. I think he beats Urijah in every aspect of the game..

thoughts??
Believe-in-judo81
10/28/07 1:11:24AM
It's been discaussed plenty before other places but I don't think I've seen it here either, so I'll bite. I generally agree with you but in this sport anything can happen and Faber is known for trying to open cuts. I'll take Yamamoto by Ref. Stoppage KO/TKO inside of two.
ohiostate1016
10/28/07 9:07:14AM
I think I'll have to take Faber...
Mastodon2
10/28/07 10:12:32AM
I'll give it to Norifumi. He is just better than Faber in every aspect.
HulkRage
10/28/07 1:40:27PM
Kid would take it.
Late rd KO
NatedawgThaM
10/28/07 2:39:31PM
In a cage- Faber by Unanimous or Split Decison because I don't think Kid has ever fought in a cage and Faber could use his cage experience to an adavtage. Plus Kid took his last fight to the distance so I think Faber won't go down without a fight,,,

IN a ring- Kid by late RD KO. Faber will keep shooting with a lot of heart but he'll gas later and KId will stop him

MikeVicks_DoggyDayCare
10/28/07 2:43:10PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

In a cage- Faber by Unanimous or Split Decison because I don't think Kid has ever fought in a cage and Faber could use his cage experience to an adavtage. Plus Kid took his last fight to the distance so I think Faber won't go down without a fight,,,

IN a ring- Kid by late RD KO. Faber will keep shooting with a lot of heart but he'll gas later and KId will stop him

Yea I would have to agree w/ you on that one. The cage could play a huge role..
madmarck
11/19/07 8:23:43AM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

I duno i think Yamamoto's caliber of wrestling is just too much

k-1 level striking

Yeah tell that to Masato and Zambidis

KID's K-1 Record
fullerene
11/19/07 8:33:41AM
I'd favor Kid over anyone at 145--almost over anyone at 155--but the thing about explosive bullying fighters is that they usually don't do well if someone doesn't fold right away.

There's a good chance Kid overwhelms him int he first round. If he doesn't, every round the fight goes on makes cardio-monster Faber's chances better and better. The most likely scenarios IMO:

Kid TKO 1
Faber UD
Kid TKO 2
Faber TKO 3, 4 or 5