Kid Yamamoto to fight in Dream 5

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Kid Yamamoto to fight in Dream 5
jae_1833
6/2/08 11:15:32PM
Link

Almost two years after a cancelled plane flight changed his life, Joseph Benavidez (Pictures) learned he will fulfill a dream. On Monday, Benavidez (7-0) announced he will fight Japan's Norifumi "Kid" Yamamoto (Pictures) at Heiwa DREAM 5 in Osaka, Japan on July 21.
aaa9erh8er
6/2/08 11:18:48PM
what do you mean a canceled plane
Mchubb316
6/2/08 11:20:11PM
Good. He needs to fight more. A top level guy like that, shoule be showcased more often.
jae_1833
6/2/08 11:25:55PM

Posted by aaa9erh8er

Beats me ..... I don't really know this other guy...I just copied and pasted....it's really a post for Kid.
thatfedorsohotrightnow
6/2/08 11:30:02PM

Posted by aaa9erh8er

Read the attached news link to find out buddy.

Damn shame we will probably never see Kid vs Faber or Torres.
thatfedorsohotrightnow
6/2/08 11:32:43PM

Posted by jae_1833

Posted by aaa9erh8er

Beats me ..... I don't really know this other guy...I just copied and pasted....it's really a post for Kid.

Guy was in Sac town and was gonna leave but flight was cancelled. He gets to meet Faber as a result and starts to train with Uriah.

You two are special people.
Loot613
6/2/08 11:33:50PM
I wouldn't rule it out for the future, Urijah Faber doesn't want to fight in the WEC his whole life... Who knows maybe before he goes to the UFC he'll do a stint in Japan, I'm sure they would pay him well... Wouldn't that be crazy....

DREAM 10 Featherweight GP?
jae_1833
6/2/08 11:38:08PM

Posted by thatfedorsohotrightnow

Posted by jae_1833

Posted by aaa9erh8er

Guy was in Sac town and was gonna leave but flight was cancelled. He gets to meet Faber as a result and starts to train with Uriah.

With a name like yours I don't think you have the right to talk about people being special.....keep swinging buddy.
Jackelope
6/2/08 11:41:04PM
Night, night whoever this other dude is. He's going to realize soon who the only person in that weight class possibly badder than his teacher is.

Faber's student losing to the Kid would be a good story line for a future matchup
RMFG_187
6/3/08 12:21:53AM

Posted by Mchubb316

Good. He needs to fight more. A top level guy like that, shoule be showcased more often.

and fight some big names - like Faber.

I Like kid, but i think he is overrated. don't bash me for it, just think he won't live up to the hype come crunch time.
cmill21
6/3/08 12:33:08AM

Posted by RMFG_187

Posted by Mchubb316

I Like kid, but i think he is overrated. don't bash me for it, just think he won't live up to the hype come crunch time.

Natural BW winning LW tourney's thats like Anderson winning HW tourney's lol, he's beaten some very tough fighters, just because you've never heard of them doesn't mean they're not good.
Jackelope
6/3/08 8:12:54AM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by RMFG_187

Posted by Mchubb316

Natural BW winning LW tourney's thats like Anderson winning HW tourney's lol, he's beaten some very tough fighters, just because you've never heard of them doesn't mean they're not good.

I believe Maeda proved this exact thing against Torres last weekend.
dmfp
6/3/08 8:47:37AM
Kid VS Faber would be a "dream match"
stock
6/3/08 9:13:15AM

Posted by jae_1833

Link

Almost two years after a cancelled plane flight changed his life, Joseph Benavidez (Pictures) learned he will fulfill a dream. On Monday, Benavidez (7-0) announced he will fight Japan's Norifumi "Kid" Yamamoto (Pictures) at Heiwa DREAM 5 in Osaka, Japan on July 21.

What weight class will he be fighting?
thatfedorsohotrightnow
6/3/08 12:09:55PM

Posted by jae_1833

Posted by thatfedorsohotrightnow

Posted by jae_1833

Posted by aaa9erh8er

With a name like yours I don't think you have the right to talk about people being special.....keep swinging buddy.

You post a news item that you don't read and then post a very ignorant reply.

Man up and admit you just did some real stupid stuff.

Having seen your reading comrehension I doubt you will have a decent response.
jae_1833
6/3/08 3:03:09PM
The post was made for Kid Yamamoto not this other fighter....it's not my comprehension that's the problem.....it's that I don't care about his opponent. If you noticed I said that I did not read the article, I just posted it so that all would know that Kid had another fight. Kid is the person in interest here....not Joseph (IMO) so I don't see how you can make an assessment of my ability to comprehend English based on something that I did not read. However I can make an assumption about you...

ncordless
6/3/08 3:13:58PM
Settle down, Ladies.

I am very interested to see Kid fight again and to see if his wrestling training has paid dividends.

Kid vs. Faber in '09! Let it happen powers that be.
thatfedorsohotrightnow
6/3/08 3:25:06PM

Posted by jae_1833

The post was made for Kid Yamamoto not this other fighter....it's not my comprehension that's the problem.....it's that I don't care about his opponent. If you noticed I said that I did not read the article, I just posted it so that all would know that Kid had another fight. Kid is the person in interest here....not Joseph (IMO) so I don't see how you can make an assessment of my ability to comprehend English based on something that I did not read. However I can make an assumption about you...however that would probably get me banned.

If you don't read something maybe you should not talk about it. Or is your ignorance bliss?