Kid Yamamoto dislocates elbow

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Kid Yamamoto dislocates elbow
punisherind
1/28/07 3:44:19PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjtGKI4Q__U

Kid Yamamoto was hospitalized at today's Emperor's Cup in Tokyo when it appeared he suffered a dislocated elbow in his second match in the Japanese national freestyle wrestling championships.

Yamamoto looked strong in his first match of the tournament, in wrestling at 132 pounds. He was injured in his second match with Kenji Inoue (the Olympic bronze medalist at this weight in Greece in 2004) from an arm whip takedown in the first move of the match.

There was more interest, including live national television coverage, of this year's championship than any in history due to Yamamoto.

Kennichi Yumoto beat Inoue in an exciting match to win the championship.
Hwarang
1/28/07 3:46:39PM
dam that sucks for him :) but shoguns dislocation looked worse but i recoverd quick
JIU-BOX-FU
1/28/07 3:52:28PM

Posted by Hwarang

dam that sucks for him :) but shoguns dislocation looked worse but i recoverd quick

yeah but this could mean Kid being out of the Olympics, i wish him the best
Tibun
1/29/07 12:57:23PM
despite my disputes against his personality and public conduct, i do respect KID as a phenomenal athlete and fighter, so i wish him the best
nate22
1/29/07 1:53:44PM
Selfish or not, I kind of hope he doesn't make the cut for the olympics so we can see him back in MMA asap. Good on the lad for following what he believes in and his heritage by attempting to make the olympics, but as I say Kid for MMA please.
Hwarang
1/29/07 4:48:55PM
Well i hope he is quick to recover
hippysmacker
1/29/07 7:33:53PM

Posted by nate22

Selfish or not, I kind of hope he doesn't make the cut for the olympics so we can see him back in MMA asap. Good on the lad for following what he believes in and his heritage by attempting to make the olympics, but as I say Kid for MMA please.

I totally agree. I also wish K-1 heroes was more visible here, everthing I see from them is on Google video, Youtube, and personal highlight videos.
thelastking
1/30/07 7:17:07PM
Hope he gets better soon he is amazing and very well rounded
--Hinch--
1/31/07 11:14:51AM

Posted by JIU-BOX-FU

Posted by Hwarang

yeah but this could mean Kid being out of the Olympics, i wish him the best

Hopefully not, he can still make the world championships this year if he wins the next tournament, and then it's Emporer's cup '08.

Tall order? Obviously, but he has the pedigree and natural gifts.

Still, Inoue's arm drag was spectacular.
pv3Hpv3p
1/31/07 8:32:56PM

Posted by Tibun

despite my disputes against his personality and public conduct, i do respect KID as a phenomenal athlete and fighter, so i wish him the best

Agreed, phenominal athlete, but what's with not stopping after the bell?

Everybody knows he's an ass-kicker, no need for that sh!t
Brutalknees
2/1/07 2:53:55PM

Posted by thelastking

Hope he gets better soon he is amazing and very well rounded

I agree, he's a great fighter, and one of the best at that weight.
madmarck
2/4/07 12:13:59AM
Shittay He still has a chance to make the olympics though!
Snacks
2/4/07 12:22:54AM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by Tibun

Agreed, phenominal athlete, but what's with not stopping after the bell?

Everybody knows he's an ass-kicker, no need for that sh!t

That's what happens with talk shit to a gangsta like KID.