KID YAMAMOTO vs CALIFORNIA KID? WHERE SHOULD THE BOUT TAKE PLACE?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » KID YAMAMOTO vs CALIFORNIA KID? WHERE SHOULD THE BOUT TAKE PLACE?
POLL: Where should the fight take place?
Japan 39% (9)
U.S.A 61% (14)
JOSHisSTYLE
6/26/08 3:35:12PM
I think it will just as easily be premoted here as it would in Japan. Not many people know of Yamamoto in the U.S. but i believe he could be hyped up here Also because of Urijahs fan base i think the fight will generate just as much if not more money here than in Japan?
fullerene
6/26/08 3:42:11PM
I don't there is a single American MMA fan who would be as well known in America as Kid is in Japan. His fight with Masato had a 31.5 rating on Japanese TV (the 2nd highest ever) and his fight with Majoros did a 25...you couldn't get that with Liddell fighting Tyson on NBC.
chickmagnet
6/26/08 3:47:56PM
Yamamoto will destroy him no matter wher it is. I dont care if its in tokyo or sacramento. Kid will KTFO Faber.
Mchubb316
6/26/08 3:49:57PM
Japan makes sense. I do think with Faber's increasing popularity, WEC will try to sign him to a longer extension, to keep him away from their competition. Since Zuffa owns WEC I could see Dana having a hand in this, trying to get Kid into either WEC, or set up a fight where Faber defends his belt against KId on a UFC PPV. Another scenario could be, depending on Urijah's current contract, they could either headline or co-headline a future Affliction card. Dream is always a possiblilty as well.
JOSHisSTYLE
6/26/08 3:59:46PM
Theres no doubt kid will destroy Urijah.

I was never emplying that any fighter will be as popular here as Kid is in Japan, what i think is that if we were to bring kid here his fame will go through the roof here he is way to interesting to watch. If any program could pick Kid up they would obviously have Japans attention and i think America would also jump on the bandwagon.
RiseUp21
6/26/08 4:09:53PM
theres a thread about this in the news forum, with an article.

thread

Pookie
6/26/08 4:13:13PM

Posted by RiseUp21

theres a thread about this in the news forum, with an article.

thread

this thread was more than likely inspired by that thread
RiseUp21
6/26/08 4:24:30PM

Posted by Mchubb316

Japan makes sense. I do think with Faber's increasing popularity, WEC will try to sign him to a longer extension, to keep him away from their competition. Since Zuffa owns WEC I could see Dana having a hand in this, trying to get Kid into either WEC, or set up a fight where Faber defends his belt against KId on a UFC PPV. Another scenario could be, depending on Urijah's current contract, they could either headline or co-headline a future Affliction card. Dream is always a possiblilty as well.

unless its a one fight contract, Yamamoto in the WEC would be a sick, sick joke. Urijah and jens would be the only featherweights worthy and thats a stretchhh.
p_unit23
6/26/08 4:41:24PM
I don't really watch W.E.C. but having Kid come over forsure would make me want to watch it. Most of the American fans have to increase their fan base for MMA so maybe then they'll have an idea of who Kid is. But as where it should be held, it wouldn't really matter. Kid will own Faber either way, so if its in Japan or Cali, it won't really make a difference.
Gipper
6/26/08 6:08:23PM
i could care less....as long as the fight happened.
Ben_Hutch
6/26/08 6:32:10PM
Michael Jacksons bed.
MMAcca
6/27/08 1:40:09AM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Michael Jacksons bed.

ncordless
6/27/08 8:12:25AM
It should take place where it can make the most money and reach the largest audience. As things stand now, that's Japan.
misses1112
6/27/08 2:09:56PM
i say USA

my back yard to be specific
KYGUY07
6/28/08 6:42:36PM
U.S.A.
StriderXero
6/28/08 7:13:16PM
I would want it to to be taken place in Cali, so I can go see it live. But money wise, for the fighters, I think japan is the place as of now.
Maybe Hawaii in the furutre