Kevin Ware Injury

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Kevin Ware Injury
POLL: Worst injury you've ever seen on TV?
Kevin Ware 46% (11)
Marcus Lattimore 8% (2)
Willis McGahee 4% (1)
Joe Theismann 8% (2)
Corey Hill 29% (7)
Big Nog 4% (1)
jakewalters
3/31/13 8:43:33PM
I'm sure most of you saw it or are aware by now.. Today in the Duke/Louisville game, Kevin Ware came down from a jump awkwardly and snapped his leg in two leaving most of his shin bone exposed outside the skin. One of the worst injuries I've ever seen on television (up there with Lattimore, McGahee, Theismann, etc.) and easily the worst basketball injury I've ever seen.

VIDEO - WARNING VERY GRAPHIC

Whether you're religious or not, send some positive vibes to the Ware family. I'm really hoping his career isn't ended by this gruesome injury.

Was this the worst injury you guys have ever seen in sports? For me it edges out McGahee and Lattimore just because the way it dangled. That was so horrible. The reaction of his coach & teammates are just as disheartening.

For anyone wondering, Louisville went on to win and will play Wichita St. in the final four next Saturday.
frizzzlecake
3/31/13 8:56:19PM
All of them were Nasty, but I saw Marcus's injury live and they kept replaying it, unlike Wares, so I gave the nod to Marcus.
SmileR
3/31/13 8:57:11PM
Does his bones come out?! If so I need to change my vote!
Poor_Franklin
3/31/13 9:01:58PM

Posted by SmileR

Pitino said it did
SmileR
3/31/13 9:11:31PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by SmileR

Pitino said it did

I need to change my vote! -1 Cory Hill +1 Ware! Thats nasty!
jakewalters
3/31/13 9:33:42PM
sparky
3/31/13 9:58:48PM
Ware definitely suffered a bad break but I voted for Corey Hill
Khaos
4/1/13 9:02:48AM
I voted Big Nog's arm break, there are worse, but since that day, anytime I see a kimura, the sound of his break echos in my head.
cowcatcher
4/1/13 10:10:46AM
Right after the play we went on youtube to see if we could find a better shot of it, and you could see the bone sticking out. That was as nasty of an injury as I've ever seen. All the women at my house for Easter came into the room when they heard us guys yelling, and they started screaming when they saw the replay. All the guy did was jump, it's just a freakish, crazy thing.
JLS1980
4/1/13 11:41:40AM

Posted by cowcatcher

Right after the play we went on youtube to see if we could find a better shot of it, and you could see the bone sticking out. That was as nasty of an injury as I've ever seen. All the women at my house for Easter came into the room when they heard us guys yelling, and they started screaming when they saw the replay. All the guy did was jump, it's just a freakish, crazy thing.

Ware got my vote as well. My 1st time watching this was on you tube and then on SportsCenter.
It was such a freakish thing that happened. His teammates reactions alone tell the story. Plus the weird creepy vibe I got after watching this. That creepy vibe wouldn't go away either after each time I re-watched it. I couldn't imagine seeing that in person.
ncordless
4/1/13 1:23:33PM
What a freak injury. Looked more like'd just stepped on a landmine than a basketball court. Hopefully, it looked much worse than the impact it has on his career.

The reaction by the Louisville bench was so epic. I would love to see a shoop of a ghost appearing instead of Kevin Ware.

Rick Pitino is stone cold. He saw the reaction and went in for a closer look and then called for a medic like he was storming a beach in Normandy.
jakewalters
4/1/13 2:26:56PM
If you haven't seen it yet because you have a weak stomach, don't watch it. All you need to see is his teammate's reactions

jakewalters
4/1/13 3:04:13PM
Looks as if he had a great surgery last night. Ware is already back up on his feet!!!! (No April Fools joke here)

george112
4/1/13 3:12:39PM
that shit was so bad it looked photoshopped
jay98107
4/1/13 3:17:50PM
I voted Lattimore. For some reason, knee ligament injuries have always ruined my day when I see them. Broken bones are rough, but not as bad for me as a knee injury.
prophecy033
4/1/13 5:22:23PM
I vote Ware. His bone was 4-6 inches OUTSIDE his leg for crying out loud
airkerma
4/1/13 6:39:35PM
Meh, I've seen worse. Oh wait, those were movies. I hope he has a great recovery, when it happened I wasn't sure he would walik correctly again.
Bubbles
4/1/13 8:13:25PM
I picked McGahee as I for some reason was watching that game live and it kinda freaked me out (it was like a decade ago when I was around 13-14). Ware's and Lattimore's are terrible in their own right but I went with what I saw live (I missed the Ware injury by like 3 minutes)
ncordless
4/2/13 2:19:40AM
I think Corey's was pretty nasty, but comparing the two makes no doubt in my mind that Ware's was more disgusting.

Check it out