Kevin Randleman -VS Roger Gracie - next World Victory Road Event

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Kevin Randleman -VS Roger Gracie - next World Victory Road Event
CornishMMA
3/5/08 7:20:35AM
Ive just read on a play by play that this fight was just announced for their next event, proper story and LINK coming soon
mrsmiley
3/5/08 7:34:08AM
that could prove to become a very interesting fight to watch.
I don't what kind of shape randle will be in coming into this fight though.He's coming back from that nasty staph infection,and considering it was always questionable to what Kevin was coming into a fight,I would probably say any attempt Randleman makes to get mount will be futile and Roger will either get a submission early in the first,or will win a lackluster decision.

I'm a fan of Randleman,but I have to be sceptical at this point.
CornishMMA
3/5/08 8:08:41AM
Yeah ive got to think Roger by submission. Kevin has had such a rough time of late he will be far from his best, which would still maybe not be enought o avoid the subs
rameydl8
3/5/08 8:46:36AM
cant wait for this....hope he comes back just as explosive as before....
waylon_o
3/5/08 10:38:59AM
I would like to see him do well
Vendetta
3/5/08 11:52:29AM
Roger by submission. Should end up looking like the end of Shogun vs Randleman.
dinex
3/5/08 11:53:15AM
It was actually announced that both of them would be on the next event. Not that they will be facing each other.
silverbullet
3/5/08 12:08:29PM

Posted by rameydl8

I still do not get Randleman's incredible popularity. I mean he hasn't won against a top 10 opponent since 2002 if you don't count a freak KO against Cro Cop. And Cro Cop did terrible in the cage. Randleman's only other notable wins are decisions against Sobral and Rizzo.

It's be awesome to see Roger fight. His grappling is sick and fighting in the ring will test his stand-up alot.
Vendetta
3/5/08 12:27:42PM

Posted by silverbullet

I still do not get Randleman's incredible popularity. I mean he hasn't won against a top 10 opponent since 2002

You answered your own question... Randleman was a fan favorite back in the day. A lot of the old guard still worship him the way they worship Vitor.
tap_or_snap
3/5/08 5:05:42PM
Never mind last nights judo vs catch fight i cant wait to see the best heavyweight jiu jitsu player in the world in roger vs the best heavyweight catch wrestler in the world in barnett!!

mmm, im salivating just thinking about it.

Give roger a couple of warm up fights and this match would headline wvr new years eve 2008 perfectly!

Also whats the betting roger will sport the gi in japan?
NatedawgThaM
3/5/08 7:30:39PM
GREAT! Kevin's one of my favorite fighters and I can't wait to see him fight again. He's training with Randy now so I'm pretty sure they are going over submissions right now so I think Kevin will take it.

Kevin by TKO!
silverbullet
3/5/08 8:59:38PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

GREAT! Kevin's one of my favorite fighters

why?
mrsmiley
3/5/08 9:37:48PM

Posted by silverbullet

Posted by NatedawgThaM

why?

It's his personality.You either get it or you don't.

When he said he would train up in the mountains in grow a beard if he had to fight Wanderlei Silva I almost shat myself,and stood up and cheered.

When he talked about fighting Crocop,it was just great.
Not exact quote but close
"Let him kick me in the face.Let my blood smear on the canvas.I'
ll hang that in my gym.

The guy has got so much personality,and is just so unpredectable.It's almost like a good way to describe the sport.Personality and unpredictable.

Maybe I didn't answer the question as good as I could have.But i'm a Randleman fan myself,and that just briefly touches on why I am a fan of his.
Pookie
3/5/08 9:42:26PM

Posted by mrsmiley

Posted by silverbullet

Posted by NatedawgThaM

why?

It's his personality.You either get it or you don't.

When he said he would train up in the mountains in grow a beard if he had to fight Wanderlei Silva I almost shat myself,and stood up and cheered.

When he talked about fighting Crocop,it was just great.
Not exact quote but close
"Let him kick me in the face.Let my blood smear on the canvas.I'
ll hang that in my gym.

The guy has got so much personality,and is just so unpredectable.It's almost like a good way to describe the sport.Personality and unpredictable.

Maybe I didn't answer the question as good as I could have.But i'm a Randleman fan myself,and that just briefly touches on why I am a fan of his.

He has the capacity to beat anyone at any given time. how can he not have fans?
NatedawgThaM
3/5/08 10:16:42PM

Posted by silverbullet

Posted by NatedawgThaM

why?

Personality definitely. Plus I wreslted myself and I respect that aspect of him since it's his style. He's always very entertaining(didn't say always exciting) as he chops them feet before the bell and as soon as it rings he explodes out of the corner.

It's the same reason people like Tank Abbot. They don't have to be the best but you love and respect them for giving it there all each and every day. He also has so much potential. It just depends on which Kevin shows up. He either shows up and nobody can beat him, or he shows up and everybody can beat him. Depends which one shows up.
rameydl8
3/6/08 10:29:27PM

Posted by silverbullet

Posted by rameydl8

I still do not get Randleman's incredible popularity. I mean he hasn't won against a top 10 opponent since 2002 if you don't count a freak KO against Cro Cop. And Cro Cop did terrible in the cage. Randleman's only other notable wins are decisions against Sobral and Rizzo.

It's be awesome to see Roger fight. His grappling is sick and fighting in the ring will test his stand-up alot.

I still dont get why i rooot for my favorite fighter and people like you make a deal about it...i didnt say u had to like him or anybody else.....i just said i cant wait for him to fight...and i dont think i have to explain my self to you....u have your fav fighter i have mine.....i dont go sayin stuff and askin why you like who you do....so why do u do it to me?
Kpro
3/7/08 1:41:55AM
As dinex already said; it was only announced that they would both be in the next WVR event.

Looks like Barnett will probably face one of them and the other will face ??? <---Post will be edited in a month to put the correct name in so that I look Nostradamus-like.
Nightmare27
3/19/08 2:25:50AM
Is Randleman still suspended by the NSAC? I remember it was idefinetly but I thought he could reapply after a certain amount of time. Anyhow it makes sense him fighting in Japan.
Svartorm
3/19/08 3:01:22AM
He could reapply after a year, and it said somewhere he was going to do so this month.
RMFG_187
3/19/08 10:38:46PM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!
RMFG_187
3/19/08 10:42:04PM

Posted by silverbullet

Posted by NatedawgThaM

why?

hes one of my favorite because of his Power, Wrestling ability, and the skill too strike with the Top guys out there, and he alwayz has great fights.

example, Chuck, Fedor and CC.

plus i like him cuz hes damn good in the UFC video game for PS2