Kevin Burns expected to replace Ryo Chonan at UFC 85

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Kevin Burns expected to replace Ryo Chonan at UFC 85
SmileR
5/27/08 5:53:45PM
UFC newcomer Kevin "The Fire" Burns (4-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) will likely replace Ryo Chonan (12-6 MMA, 2-1 UFC) at UFC 85, where he'll meet Roan Carneiro (14-8 MMA, 0-1 UFC) on the night's preliminary card.

Sources close to Burns today told MMAjunkie.com that the Nebraska-based fighter has agreed to be a late replacement at next weekend's pay-per-view event.

Link
tepid55
5/27/08 6:09:51PM
Carniero is 2-1, not 0-1 in the UFC.
Twenty20Dollars
5/27/08 6:32:05PM
Well its going to be a lonnggg night for kevin burns.

Roan wins via sub round 2
hodge
5/27/08 6:45:11PM
This is so annoying another fighter i was looking forward to seeing drops out.
candynuts
5/27/08 7:53:33PM
Jeez, maybe the UFC should think about moving the card to this Saturday!

And that sucks, I really wanted to see Chonan fight.
Twenty20Dollars
5/27/08 8:37:43PM
seems like now a days a lot more people are getting injuried.
jae_1833
5/27/08 8:49:41PM
Who....now this is a dude I have NO clue about.....I say round 1 sub.
juanez13
5/27/08 10:15:05PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

seems like now a days a lot more people are getting injuried.

True, i think main reason is everyone is training harder now that the competition has become more stiff, and that can sometimes lead to injuries while training. sucks
Sam_Rothstein
5/27/08 10:55:31PM
he actually fights out of des moines, iowa... im not sure why they said nebraska...maybe thats where he was born?

Kevin burns got a pretty big name out here in iowa because he was the only person to defeat josh neer as an amateur (neer had an 87-1 record, including a decision against 205 lb Houston Alexander)

I have seen burns fight several times. I actually saw him beat a guy i played varsity football with in high school (demi deeds, who is no bum either and recently submitted joe jordan in the 1st round)

anyways kevin burns is a very game opponent, he has great striking and great submissions. his submission game is nowhere near roans or chonans, but it is good enough to defend jucao attempts.

Burns Via Decision
prozacnation1978
5/27/08 11:51:34PM
the card is cursed!!!!!!!!

i will put roan on my parlay now
prozacnation1978
5/27/08 11:56:29PM
i see you guys took my post down from this morning
you guys suck!!!!!!!!!!!
MMAcca
5/28/08 1:11:11AM
UFC 85: CURSED

the first event where all fighters compete on crutches.......
emac_cleary
5/28/08 8:08:27AM
why dont brandon vera just drop out already i mean all my other fav fighters have, this sucks
fwestphal3
5/30/08 1:29:40AM
Sam is right. Burns is no slouch. I have folowed his career from day one when he first beat Neer. (lot to do with him being a good friend of mine). Tell me Sam, was that Demi fight not one of the better ones u have seen?!

Burns late first round by KO!!! Go Burnsie, Baby!!!!!!!
Sam_Rothstein
6/17/08 8:17:39PM

Posted by fwestphal3

Sam is right. Burns is no slouch. I have folowed his career from day one when he first beat Neer. (lot to do with him being a good friend of mine). Tell me Sam, was that Demi fight not one of the better ones u have seen?!

Burns late first round by KO!!! Go Burnsie, Baby!!!!!!!

Yeah it looks like we were the only two on the forums to have even heard of kevin burns let alone pick him hahaha. Yes that burns-deeds fight was awesome. Was also a nice addition to have jens pulver as the ref.

I was wondering how many more des moines mma fighters were gonna make it before burns got his shot.

I personally think he is way more rounded then jeremy stephens who got a contract first. No disrespect to stephens, i just think burns is better