Kenny "KenFlo" Florian... (NOT a troll post)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Kenny "KenFlo" Florian... (NOT a troll post)
Display
1/21/09 11:21:33AM
The dude has been on a roll since for the past two years beating Mishima, Robinson, Thomas, Lauzon, Huerta and Stevenson ALL in impressive fashion. I know some people here will call me crazy but I believe after BJ Penn is defeated by GSP a second time (my opinion) his next loss will follow up by KenFlo elbowing/punching him into a late TKO or Unanimous Decision Win.

KENNY FLORIAN = NEXT UFC LW CHAMPION 2009/10

Thoughts???
jocka
1/21/09 11:25:02AM
I agree lol let the flaming begin!!
Franklinfan47
1/21/09 11:47:43AM
I agree ..........that GSP will beat Penn
gartface
1/21/09 11:49:32AM

Posted by jocka

I agree lol let the flaming begin!!

Haha. I disagree, respectfully of course. I love Kenny, but BJ to me has too much for him in every aspect. BJ will be able to neutralize Kenny's muay thai with his jab and end up out pointing him on the feet. BJ has much better jiu-jitsu than Kenny as well.
State_Champ
1/21/09 11:49:41AM
GSP should beat Penn.

also, what's a 'troll' post?
Display
1/21/09 11:51:08AM

Posted by Franklinfan47

I agree ..........that GSP will beat Penn

Haha.
wiggum
1/21/09 12:01:06PM
this post is ignorant...designed to dismiss any logical thought and start bitter sh*t talking...this poster should be banned
Display
1/21/09 12:06:44PM

Posted by wiggum

this post is ignorant...designed to dismiss any logical thought and start bitter sh*t talking...this poster should be banned

Sarcasm I assume?

I respect everybody else's opinion on the matter but in MY opinion K.Florian uses his footwork to outpoint & outstrike BJ with High, Body, and Low kicks + straight punches to a TKO or Decision. Avoiding BJ's strikes by backpedaling if necessary . The ground is a no brainer. BJ is obviously better there.

wiggum
1/21/09 12:21:14PM

Posted by Display

Posted by wiggum

Sarcasm I assume?

I respect everybody else's opinion on the matter but in MY opinion K.Florian uses his footwork to outpoint & outstrike BJ with High, Body, and Low kicks + straight punches to a TKO or Decision. Avoiding BJ's strikes by backpedaling if necessary . The ground is a no brainer. BJ is obviously better there.

yeah sarcasm....just read it actually, maybe a little harsh, sorry, haha....in regards to the fight, fair enough, i hope we get to see it soon none the less....it does have the makings for a classic battle.....i agree that bj is superior on the ground, but dont underestimate your boy florian, his ground is in the top tier in the division/ufc as well ......striking battle i think will be very technical and i think it all depends on how much florian decides to engage with penn, both have excellent footwork, hands id give to bj, but kicks of course go to florian....but take a look at some of penns previous fights, escpially the first fight with gsp, he was really able to block and nullify gsps kicks, so it would be interesting to see how well florian mixes up his arsenal in that deparment
postman
1/21/09 3:02:45PM
Until Ken Flo beats someone like BJ or Sherk I can't jump on his wagon. He has beat some real good guys and in the UFC I would put him the # 3 lw. But the distance between him and Sherk and then Penn is too great.
dannyfrank
1/21/09 4:22:11PM
as much as i despise BJ, i really dont think that kenny has much of a chance at beating him.
Wolfenstein
1/21/09 5:35:31PM
I've been thinking about this fight for a while, and I agree that Kenny has a great chance at pulling off the upset. Not because Kenny is the better fighter, but because he matches up really well with BJ stylistically.

If the fight stays standing I think Kenny can beat Penn by controlling the distance and using a more well rounded striking game. It's going to be really difficult for BJ to have the same level of success using his jab over and over that he's had over previous opponents, not because of the reach (which should be 2 inches) but his ring movement is phenomenal.

Mark Dellegrote--what more can possibly be said about the guy. He's awesome--great coach, and delivers some of the best cornerman inspirational speeches I've ever heard. Mark makes every round seem like it's the twelth round of a Rocky Balboa title fight. Go Team Sityodtong!

nickcuc547
1/21/09 6:35:46PM
Florian is one of my favorite fighters being a fellow boston guy, but i can't think of one aspect of the game where he has an advantage over penn.
StorminYourman
1/21/09 8:09:24PM

Posted by postman

Until Ken Flo beats someone like BJ or Sherk I can't jump on his wagon. He has beat some real good guys and in the UFC I would put him the # 3 lw. But the distance between him and Sherk and then Penn is too great.

Troooooo!!!
mkiv9secsupra
1/21/09 8:27:18PM
BJ is better at everything, other than stamina maybe, than Florian. If they stand and bang, Kenny will get ko'ed and if it goes to the ground bj will use his superior bjj to set up the GnP tko finish. Either way it ends up with KenFlo on his back with the ref pulling Penn off of him!
bls1919
1/21/09 11:29:21PM
I am on board 1000% WAR GSP and KenFlo. IMO BJ is a head case. If GSP KO's him or even beats him convincingly in a dominant UD, BJ will hit a slippery slope and lose his LW title soon after. Just a thought/hope and dream of mine.
MattHughesRules
1/22/09 9:27:15PM
I think Florian is a top tier UFC LW for sure and he is going to fight for the title. In my opinion if BJ comes in shape BJ wins. They bring a similar skill set and I think BJ is better at every aspect. I do like Florian a ton though...always exciting and I love how he always goes for the finish.
Fox
1/22/09 11:27:25PM
Florian i gotta say has suprised me in alot of his fights BUT i dont see him doing much against Penn or even Sherk. I say put him in there against Diego now that he has dropped and you will see what he's made of.
Taylor8766
1/24/09 7:17:15PM
I agree GSP will beat BJ, but when KenFlo fights BJ it will be a tough fight and i dont think Kennnys quite at Bjs level yet
RedCloud
1/24/09 7:32:22PM
Daaang- Harcore canadian jock riders!

Bj will roll through those Jean Claude VanDamme and Ben Stiller look alikes with a smoothness.!!