Kenny Florian Targeting April Return, Says He's the Man to Fight Pettis

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Kenny Florian Targeting April Return, Says He's the Man to Fight Pettis
pmoney
1/11/11 10:33:35AM
It's been a rough couple of months for Kenny Florian. First, he lost his No. 1 contenders fight with Gray Maynard, then he suffered a knee injury that knocked him out of a potential fight with Evan Dunham, and now, it appears the fighter he hoped to face upon his return has a bout scheduled that won't include him.

Late Monday night, Florian told MMA Fighting that he thought he should be the one to face Anthony Pettis in "Showtime's" UFC debut. Hours later, though, reports of a matchup between Pettis and Clay Guida surfaced, seemingly knocking that possibility out of the water.

Article
icantthinkofanything
1/11/11 11:32:05AM
Kenflo should try to rematch Sherk. That would prove he is title worthy now after losing 2 title shots and also losing to Grey Maynard. I was so disapointed with Kenflo when he fought Maynard. I thought Kenflo could pulloff the same performance he had against Joe Daddy and Clay. In those 2 fights, Kenflo's well rounded skills outdid the wrestling of Joe and Guida. Vs Grey, I felt like Florian never pulled the trigger.
cowcatcher
1/11/11 12:27:59PM

Posted by icantthinkofanything

Kenflo should try to rematch Sherk. That would prove he is title worthy now after losing 2 title shots and also losing to Grey Maynard. I was so disapointed with Kenflo when he fought Maynard. I thought Kenflo could pulloff the same performance he had against Joe Daddy and Clay. In those 2 fights, Kenflo's well rounded skills outdid the wrestling of Joe and Guida. Vs Grey, I felt like Florian never pulled the trigger.

Despite your name, you thought of something here, and I've got to agree with it. Both Florian and Sherk are near the top of the ladder and with no less than 4 other guys in front of them right now(Maynard, Pettis, Miller, George S.) they are going to have to get a quality win or two to get in that mix somewhere. Sherk didn't win many points on the Dana/Joe Silva moving up the ladder scale in his "win" over Dunham so I don't think he's as close as people might think to being in the conversation with those other 4 guys.
FastKnockout
1/11/11 12:44:49PM
Florian was saved by Guida. I think Pettis would have given Florian a decent beatdown.

sbulldavid
1/11/11 5:07:41PM

Posted by FastKnockout Florian was saved by Guida. I think Pettis would have given Florian a decent beatdown.
I think you hit the nail on the head. I think what Guida brings to the table is more of a challenge style wise. I can see the possibility of Guida winning , particularly in a three round fight where a fighter only needs to steal two rounds