Kenny Florian seeks truth in UFC 91 clash with Joe Stevenson

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Kenny Florian seeks truth in UFC 91 clash with Joe Stevenson
MMAcca
11/9/08 4:01:51PM
While the vast majority of the attention for "UFC 91: Couture vs. Lesnar" is being centered around the main event -- and rightfully so -- an important lightweight scrap between contenders Kenny Florian (10-3 MMA, 8-2 UFC) and Joe Stevenson (29-8 MMA, 6-2 UFC) will also grace the card.

And as Florian recently told TAGG Radio (www.taggradio.com), the official radio partner of MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com), the bout is quickly developing some real emotion behind it.

"[Stevenson] said he's reading on the internet that everyone is saying that I'm the favorite," Florian said. "He doesn't understand why. He's just had some real odd comments. I don't know why he's upset, or why it's motivating him now. I don't have to read the internet to get motivated for a fight."

LINK
aaa9erh8er
11/9/08 4:04:07PM
war daddy WAR
cmb19932
11/9/08 4:45:23PM
war florian
tuvok500
11/9/08 4:50:59PM

Posted by cmb19932

war florian

I second that
FrankTheTank1181
11/9/08 5:36:41PM
Florian improves more and more with each fight, and this one will be no different.
Jackelope
11/9/08 5:54:31PM
Florian's reach and Muay Thai are going to be too much for Joe Daddy on the feet. With Florian being so dangerous off his back that negates the obvious wrestling advantage Daddy has, too.

I love Joe Daddy but I gotta pick against him in this fight.
xtra_chewy
11/9/08 8:57:24PM

Posted by Jackelope

Florian's reach and Muay Thai are going to be too much for Joe Daddy on the feet. With Florian being so dangerous off his back that negates the obvious wrestling advantage Daddy has, too.

I love Joe Daddy but I gotta pick against him in this fight.

Joe will get picked apart like Huerta did. I've learned not to pick against Kenny Florian.
StriderXero
11/9/08 9:40:42PM
if kenny puts his very long neck out there for joe to squeeze, I smell guillotine choke.

but other than that, Kenny does have all advangates against Joe.

but I'm pulling for Joe, I think he's cool
PaleHorse
11/10/08 12:01:39AM

Posted by StriderXero

if kenny puts his very long neck out there for joe to squeeze, I smell guillotine choke.

but other than that, Kenny does have all advangates against Joe.

but I'm pulling for Joe, I think he's cool

Joe reminds me of that friend you play on video games and he only knows how to do one special move (I think we all know what I'm talking about) nothing against him but I think all he has going for him is the guillotine in this fight and I hope Kenny has enough BJJ to avoid that, which I think he does.