Kenny by (t)ko 21% (16)
Roger by Decision 19% (15)
Roger by Submission 1% (1)
Roger by (t)ko 22% (17)
mikevolz
7/21/08 12:51:47AM
By bodog

(-155) Kenny Vs. (+125) Roger

Focus: Who do you think will win, and how?

The fight presents an interesting gamble.

Kenny has good stand-up thats only getting better. The only problem i could see in this fight is his tendency for leg kicks, which could lead to a takedown for huerta. which is where this fight will take place i think.

I see huerta taking kenny down, and trying to damage him/go for the win. I dont see him being able to finish kenny and possibly winning a decision.

I think kenny winning the standup and able to reverse/punish huerta on the ground and open up a tko win in the 2nd or 3rd.
bigbubbano23
7/21/08 1:04:24AM
i got huerta by 2rd tko. i think he's way to explosive for florian. florian is def maad good but huerta is def gonna catch him in a bad situation.
juanez13
7/21/08 1:05:56AM
Here hoping for Huerta to win, but taking Kenflo for the win.
DiabloFreak56
7/21/08 1:10:35AM
i like huerta in this fight i believe either one of them can win this, but i believe it will go to a UD hopefully huerta will pull it out but Florian is very dangerous on the ground he can end it quickly on the ground imo. but if its standing huerta has the obvious edge.
with that said.

WAR HUERTA!
Twenty20Dollars
7/21/08 2:06:46AM
Rogggerrrr. Tko or Decision.
NewGuy
7/21/08 4:40:59AM
Huerta should be able to pull out the decision.
fonduktoe
7/21/08 5:01:03AM
every poster is pro huerta yet "kenflo"is the poll winner thus far
apparently kenflo fans are bashful about it
i predict huerta by ud
Korsakov
7/21/08 5:04:53AM
huerta will lose, florian will win.
MFOTHER
7/21/08 1:25:19PM
i hate mmath, but this fight is so close, and i like them both its all i got.

i say, guida had huerta beat before he ate that knee.
I think at this point ken flo could take guida.
I give kenny the slight edge.

its not even real mmath....
Aaronno9
7/21/08 1:29:43PM
At this point im giving it to kenny by tko. Hes got better cardio, striking and jits imo. However, Huerta has alot better wrestling and is alot bigger and stronger, and kennys last 2 defeats came at the hands of bigger guys with better wrestling in the shape of Diego and Sherk. Im like 55/45 in favour of Kenny but i might change my pick closer to the event.
Rush
7/21/08 1:35:18PM
I'm not a fan of either fighter, but I like Roger less.

Huerta has not seemed to improve much in my eyes in his last 3 or more fights and many of the guys he has fought are not as seasoned as the guys Kenny has fought. On the other hand Kenny's skills continue to visably improve with each fight.

I think Kenny can put out a UD.

Then again, look at my record, it's not like I know how make correct picks any ways.
MFOTHER
7/21/08 1:42:03PM
eventho i have kenny now, i said months ago, i would put a small bet on the dog, since its so close. I still think its a good idea.
sleevey
7/21/08 2:45:14PM
IMO this fight is not as close as some people think. I love Kenflo in this fight this matchup is truley favorable to Kenny. IMO Kenny's striking is much better a lot more techincal due to the fact he throws str8 solid punches and great combo's with some nasty pointy elbows, Huerta sometimes has sloppy striking with these wide looping punches and he does not have the best punching combo's and telegraph's his leg kicks. They are 2 different levels and unfortunatly for Roger he is lacking the true 1 punch KO power. As far as chins go again we have not seen what Huerta can really take but Ken does not have the 1 punch KO power either. IMO Huerta inside dirty boxing clinch is better than Kenny's. I have to go with the Muay Thai Fighter and Deligrotti trained Kenflo on Striking.
Striking Edge: Kenny Florian
Grade: Ken B+ / Huerta C+

Huerta bread and butter is takedowns and GNP. Kenny's punches are straits not looping like Huerta's and he will land first and a lil more often throwing from much better angles. When this fight hits the ground which it will at some point Kenflo's Takedown Def is not the best, but a lil underrated. However Kenny can get the takedown and is deceptively strong for his build. I see Kenny trying to keep it standing but belive he can match skills with the sometimes over aggressive Huerta who can make a mistake on the ground being a lil too loose sometimes. If Kenny does got rocked on the feet and somehow gets heurta down i don' t see Huerta letting it stay there if he is not winning on the ground. IMO which is 50/50.
Takedowns: Edge: Roger Huerta
Grade:Ken C / Huerta B

Submission without a doubt Kenny's BJJ is again on much higher level than Huerta's he is quick on his transition and again, does not seem to force his subs. Where as Huerta's subs come from dominating his opponent on the ground with some great GNP arguably some of the best in the LW division behind Sean Sherk. As i just said GNP goes to huerta but dont slack on Kenny from the bottom as he is one of the most active fighter's off his back with elbows that will bust open the thickest skulls.
Submissions Edge: Ken Florian
Grade: Ken A- / Huerta B-
GNP Edge: Roger Huerta
Grade Ken C+ / Roger A-

Experiance altough Huerta has 15 more fights than Ken the level of experiance is vastly different. Guida being the biggest test for Huerta with a long list of quality fights for KenFlo who always shows up. With a 7-2 record in the big show vs. a 6-0 record the compitition for Ken has included 1 tittle fight and a welterweight that is in the top 5. Also Ken has fought at the 185lb. level against bigger and stronger fighters. Altough Kenflo's losses have come against much stronger wrestler's (Sherk @ 155 and Deigo @ 185) He does hold some victories in the weight class as well he did make it to TUF finals @ 185 beating some good fighters along the way . I do not think Huerta is even close to them(Sherk,Deigo) as far as wrestling pedigree with that being said they both slammed Kenny down at will and dominated him on the ground. I think the Din thomas fight was a tougher match-up for Ken than Huerta. I do respect the heart that both fighters have so no edge there.
Experiance: Ken Florian
Grade: Ken B+/ Roger Huerta C-

Overall the fight on paper i have Ken flo winning it 7 out of 10 times. But hey this is why they throw leather. I have Kenny UD but losing the 3rd round cutting Huerta early and Huerta's Heart keeps him from suffering his first KO or Sub defeat in the UFC, but getting his frst loss since 6/18/04. Both have great cardio and deep tanks as shown in there fights as each have gone the distance. As far as finishing fights niether one of them hesitate when they get someone in trouble but as i said before Huerta can be a lil sloppy in trying to finish someone off and with the level of BJJ and Striking Ken has that could be the biggest mistake he makes (IMO that is the difference maker in this fight). This really should be a great fight with stand up and grappling. I see Fight of the night cause both fighters bring it. IMO this could look alot like the edgar-griffin fight from earlier this year.

MFOTHER
7/21/08 2:51:53PM

Posted by sleevey

IMO this fight is not as close as some people think. I love Kenflo in this fight this matchup is truley favorable to Kenny. IMO Kenny's striking is much better a lot more techincal due to the fact he throws str8 solid punches and great combo's with some nasty pointy elbows, Huerta sometimes has sloppy striking with these wide looping punches and he does not have the best punching combo's and telegraph's his leg kicks. They are 2 different levels and unfortunatly for Roger he is lacking the true 1 punch KO power. As far as chins go again we have not seen what Huerta can really take but Ken does not have the 1 punch KO power either. IMO Huerta inside dirty boxing clinch is better than Kenny's. I have to go with the Muay Thai Fighter and Deligrotti trained Kenflo on Striking.
Striking Edge: Kenny Florian
Grade: Ken B+ / Huerta C+

Huerta bread and butter is takedowns and GNP. Kenny's punches are straits not looping like Huerta's and he will land first and a lil more often throwing from much better angles. When this fight hits the ground which it will at some point Kenflo's Takedown Def is not the best, but a lil underrated. However Kenny can get the takedown and is deceptively strong for his build. I see Kenny trying to keep it standing but belive he can match skills with the sometimes over aggressive Huerta who can make a mistake on the ground being a lil too loose sometimes. If Kenny does got rocked on the feet and somehow gets heurta down i don' t see Huerta letting it stay there if he is not winning on the ground. IMO which is 50/50.
Takedowns: Edge: Roger Huerta
Grade:Ken C / Huerta B

Submission without a doubt Kenny's BJJ is again on much higher level than Huerta's he is quick on his transition and again, does not seem to force his subs. Where as Huerta's subs come from dominating his opponent on the ground with some great GNP arguably some of the best in the LW division behind Sean Sherk. As i just said GNP goes to huerta but dont slack on Kenny from the bottom as he is one of the most active fighter's off his back with elbows that will bust open the thickest skulls.
Submissions Edge: Ken Florian
Grade: Ken A- / Huerta B-
GNP Edge: Roger Huerta
Grade Ken C+ / Roger A-

Experiance altough Huerta has 15 more fights than Ken the level of experiance is vastly different. Guida being the biggest test for Huerta with a long list of quality fights for KenFlo who always shows up. With a 7-2 record in the big show vs. a 6-0 record the compitition for Ken has included 1 tittle fight and a welterweight that is in the top 5. Also Ken has fought at the 155lb. level against bigger and stronger fighters. Altough Kenflo's losses have come against much stronger wrestler's (Sherk @ 155 and Deigo @ 170). I do not think Huerta is even close to them(Sherk,Deigo) as far as wrestling pedigree with that being said they both slammed Kenny down at will and dominated him on the ground. I think the Din thomas fight was a tougher match-up for Ken than Huerta. I do respect the heart that both fighters have so no edge there.
Experiance: Ken Florian
Grade: Ken B+/ Roger Huerta C-

Overall the fight on paper i have Ken flo winning it 7 out of 10 times. But hey this is why they throw leather. I have Kenny UD but losing the 3rd round cutting Huerta early and Huerta's Heart keeps him from suffering his first KO or Sub defeat in the UFC, but getting his frst loss since 6/18/04. Both have great cardio and deep tanks as shown in there fights as each have gone the distance. As far as finishing fights niether one of them hesitate when they get someone in trouble but as i said before Huerta can be a lil sloppy in trying to finish someone off and with the level of BJJ and Striking Ken has that could be the biggest mistake he makes (IMO that is the difference maker in this fight). This really should be a great fight with stand up and grappling. I see Fight of the night cause both fighters bring it. IMO this couls look alot like the edgar griffin fight from earlier this year.

i read it. nice job
nickcuc547
7/21/08 2:51:57PM
I like florian. this fight is going to be a war and I see huerta winning on the score cards in the third round, but he has a tendancy to get a little sloppy and I believe kenny takes advantage and slaps on a submission.
mikevolz
7/21/08 6:22:35PM

Posted by sleevey

As far as chins go again we have not seen what Huerta can really take but

if you watch the guillard fight, he has an amazing chin. Guillard really beat him like a step child in some parts of that fight.
Quasar
7/21/08 8:29:05PM
Florian is severely overrated, Guida would beat Florian hands down and Huerta beat him when he was losing, Huerta is going to get the next shot at BJ and lose.
chrismithers
7/22/08 2:38:15PM

Posted by Quasar

Florian is severely overrated, Guida would beat Florian hands down and Huerta beat him when he was losing, Huerta is going to get the next shot at BJ and lose.

Florian is no where near overrated he is more underrated if anything. Huerta is the overrated poster boy for the UFC.
npayant
7/22/08 2:42:59PM

Posted by chrismithers

Posted by Quasar

Florian is no where near overrated he is more underrated if anything. Huerta is the overrated poster boy for the UFC.

I have to agree with you. I believe Florian is underrated... he's an animal out there and I truly believe he'll take to Huerta!! It will be a great fight, no doubt because Huerta has heart, but I just think Florian is at another level. I'm pretty psyched that this is the hot bout!!

Flame me all you want, but I also believe Florian wins in a rematch with Sherk hands down.

...I'll be waiting for it.
sleevey
7/22/08 2:44:52PM

Posted by Quasar

I don't know how you call a guy who fought @ MW and did well overrated, your sense of MMAath is a lil wacked. keep up that philosiphy and let me know how that works for you. At least back up your statement with some real facts if any thing Huerta is the overrated poster boy for the UFC.
FYI Huerta struggles a lil bit when an aggressive fighters bring the fight to him i.e Guida,Guillard. really look for ken to push the fight and ad Randy says impose his will.

I could not agree more with npayant
and chrismither

Just curious as to the how and why Kenflo is overrated?
sleevey
7/22/08 2:51:54PM

Flame me all you want, but I also believe Florian wins in a rematch with Sherk hands down.

...I'll be waiting for it.

I think the fight will be much like the first it really is not a good matchup for Kenny. With all do respect Sherk would Lay-n-pray for a boring victory.
bayonetxwork
7/22/08 2:59:33PM
I think its going to be a fairly even fight, but Florian will start to pull away later into the second round. I got Florian by 3rd TKO. I think Florians stand up has increased dramatically, and he will really be able to prove it in this fight.
bls1919
7/22/08 10:02:05PM
I am still at odds with this pick. IMO its going to be Kenny by TKO or Sub, or Roger by UD. I just cant settle on one yet.
jocka
7/22/08 11:13:17PM
I always though that Huerta was overrated hasn't he fought only guys on their first fight in the UFC except for Guida and we all know how close he came to lose that fight.

Has anyone seen his latest statement on the ufc sites " I will never lose" wow i don't like when fighters say things like that its mma anything can happend. i really hope he loses that fight just for that stupid comment.

I have Kenny by 2sd rd Tko
Purge
7/23/08 3:25:44AM
Huerta will push Kenny beyond his limits and he WILL break.
fedorwins1
7/23/08 11:59:16AM
Kenny is the better, more technical fighter at this point in their careers IMO. Kenny's striking is a lot faster and A LOT more technical, on the ground Huerta has the better scrambles, but Kenny has by far the better BJJ skills. Huerta has the wrestling advantage though, but it's probably close in that aspect.

Kenny UD.
fisher1202
8/8/08 4:38:14AM

Posted by bigbubbano23

i got huerta by 2rd tko. i think he's way to explosive for florian. florian is def maad good but huerta is def gonna catch him in a bad situation.

sillysnail
8/8/08 2:42:59PM
the sad reality of this fight is that neither of these guys will pose a threat to the champ, which really seems to diminish the hype. neither guy has a definitive overall edge against the other. walking into the octagon this is gonna be a 50/50 fight for kenflo and huerta. its really gonna be about who comes with a better gameplan and with a clear head. my predictions on how it ends...

if its florian: its gonna have to be a sub any round. lets be honest with ourselves...kenny might be a technical striker but hes got shit for power imo. he had lauzon mounted for almost 2 minutes and couldn't put the guy away (i still think the ref gave him that fight). hes a bjj guy and he should really be working for top position on the ground.

if its huerta: ud and very slight possibility of ko/tko. huerta has a really intense pace that he maintains throughout fights which i think will impress the judges. standing up i see him landing the more effective blows even though hes a little slopper than florian.

i genuinely believe that on the ground these guys are gonna neutralize each other. huerta's gnp will slow down kenny's sub attempts but not enough to allow either to gain an advantage over the other. kenny has a better shot at finishing the fight on the ground, especially if he puts huerta on his back. i think this one is gonna be a classic.
sillysnail
8/8/08 2:46:37PM
btw both florian and huerta are overrated....can't deny that its gonna be a good fight.
jawbreaker517
8/8/08 10:00:39PM

Posted by sillysnail

the sad reality of this fight is that neither of these guys will pose a threat to the champ, which really seems to diminish the hype. neither guy has a definitive overall edge against the other. walking into the octagon this is gonna be a 50/50 fight for kenflo and huerta. its really gonna be about who comes with a better gameplan and with a clear head. my predictions on how it ends...

if its florian: its gonna have to be a sub any round. lets be honest with ourselves...kenny might be a technical striker but hes got shit for power imo. he had lauzon mounted for almost 2 minutes and couldn't put the guy away (i still think the ref gave him that fight). hes a bjj guy and he should really be working for top position on the ground.

if its huerta: ud and very slight possibility of ko/tko. huerta has a really intense pace that he maintains throughout fights which i think will impress the judges. standing up i see him landing the more effective blows even though hes a little slopper than florian.

i genuinely believe that on the ground these guys are gonna neutralize each other. huerta's gnp will slow down kenny's sub attempts but not enough to allow either to gain an advantage over the other. kenny has a better shot at finishing the fight on the ground, especially if he puts huerta on his back. i think this one is gonna be a classic.

Both of these guys can give the champ an exciting fight. Their two top contenders, HUH?
Pages: [1] 2