Kenny Florian: Ref Steve Mazzagatti Needs Glasses, Has Been Late With His Calls

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Kenny Florian: Ref Steve Mazzagatti Needs Glasses, Has Been Late With His Calls
Wolfenstein
1/1/09 2:25:51PM
And now Kenny Florian is piling on. This week on ESPN.com's MMA Live, Florian suggested that Mazzagatti simply isn't fit for the job.

"I think someone should have gotten him glasses for Christmas," Florian said. "I'll be honest, he really has been late with a lot of his calls, and it has been a consistent thing with him."

link
Twenty20Dollars
1/1/09 2:59:47PM
Haha, oh kenny. He is right though.
sparky
1/1/09 3:48:16PM
Everybody needs to lay off poor Mazzagatti. If he were to call the fights any sooner everyone would be saying let them go a bit longer. People expect to much from the referee's. He stopped the fights when he was certain they were over!!
ohiostate1016
1/1/09 5:00:00PM
That's funny, because I was thinking this exact thing before the Rashad/Forrest fight. I was willing to give him a break, but when the guy is tapping, I think it's time to call the fight.

And there's no way that Mazzagatti could have said that he didn't see the tap, because he was in perfect position.

What somebody really needs to do is to get him some type of surgery that opens his eyes wider. He can barely see out of those things! I know that he was thinking during that fight, "What's Royce Gracie doing fighting Rampage Jackson?" When it was clearly just Forrest and Rashad.

cmill21
1/1/09 5:01:23PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

That's funny, because I was thinking this exact thing before the Rashad/Forrest fight. I was willing to give him a break, but when the guy is tapping, I think it's time to call the fight.

And there's no way that Mazzagatti could have said that he didn't see the tap, because he was in perfect position.

What somebody really needs to do is to get him some type of surgery that opens his eyes wider. He can barely see out of those things! I know that he was thinking during that fight, "What's Royce Gracie doing fighting Rampage Jackson?" When it was clearly just Forrest and Rashad.

Forrest said he wasn't tapping.
Wallass
1/1/09 5:39:15PM
I think this is a huge concern and could jeopardize a fighters career. If I was fighting I would want nothing to do with him as the ref. He should be suspended temporarily. UGH why cant we bring back Big Jon.
cmill21
1/1/09 5:40:35PM

Posted by Wallass

I think this is a huge concern and could jeopardize a fighters career. If I was fighting I would want nothing to do with him as the ref. He should be suspended temporarily. UGH why cant we bring back Big Jon.

He is back
seanfu
1/1/09 6:33:52PM
Screw the fans, as far as for the fighters, I think Forrest would much rather take that beating than have it stopped early.

Big Nog was beasically beat to deat in both is first UFC fights so if there's a fighter that want's to not get stopped early give him Mazzadatti. This early shit's ruining the sport. Sure it looks better on tv, and honestly watching both the Nog and Forrest beatings killed me but at least they were given a hance to fight.

They can't go off on some Ken Shamrock BS. How many of the great fights from 2003-06 would've been great if they stopped the fight as soon as someone got rocked or even a split second after they went limp. I'd be shitty getting stopped early busted orbital bone or not.

And I don't hear fighters complaining about oh they stopped my fight too late and now I have to have surgery. I don't hear it, so untill a fighter says it quit bitching. They aren't and they're the ones taking the "unnessessary punishment"
RNC
1/1/09 7:50:19PM
Is Florian at a Harry Potter party?
dreius
1/1/09 11:17:50PM
No but he did say he was flailing and I don't believe that qualifies as intelligently defending yourself
prozacnation1978
1/2/09 1:26:04AM
ufc needs big john back