haggiswashere
1/5/09 1:41:08PM
Who wins this time? I say florian
hymiekooken
1/5/09 1:46:09PM
Agreed. Kenny by submission
nickcuc547
1/5/09 1:46:48PM
still say diego, he is too big and strong and will get kenny on his back at will. plus i think diego's jiu jitsu is just as good as kenny's only he's bigger, once he gets on top he will work the ground and pound and guard passing, stops him with strikes in the second half of the fight..
TheNatural915
1/5/09 2:11:01PM
Florian is a much better fighter at 155.
ohiostate1016
1/5/09 2:14:40PM
I really don't think that there are many guys at 155 that could beat Kenny, Diego included. There are probably 3 guys right now that would beat Kenny: BJ, Aoki, and Alvarez.

I think that Kenny dominates the standup and uses his excellent Muay Thai before taking Diego down on his terms and eventually subbing him.
nickcuc547
1/5/09 2:17:38PM
i'm shocked right now, diego is a beast, and will be a beast at 155, the guy is going to be sherk dominant, maybe better, they are similar in size and success at welterweight, i don't see anything that tells me diego won't be a stud at lightweight.
wiggum
1/5/09 2:41:42PM
i think that we should and wait and see how diego looks at 155 before analyzing... escpially against joe, who is a tough guy for anyone and would be a common oponent......i would love to see a diego kenny rematch tho....right now kenny is sooo red hot and everything is coming together for him so well that i think it will be a tough task for anyone to beat him
ToeZup
1/5/09 2:42:34PM
I would have to go with Kenny. I think he could do it this time. This kenny is not the Kenny from 2005.
haggiswashere
1/5/09 2:52:30PM

Posted by nickcuc547

i'm shocked right now, diego is a beast, and will be a beast at 155, the guy is going to be sherk dominant, maybe better, they are similar in size and success at welterweight, i don't see anything that tells me diego won't be a stud at lightweight.

Oh i agree he will be a stud but i just think Kenny will come out on top. I could easily be wrong though. I wanna see it some day
BrutalKnockOut
1/5/09 4:50:38PM
I still think Diego has his number.
copcopps
1/5/09 5:11:33PM
Sanchez unfortunately IMO. I like Kenny more though, and would love to see him avenge the loss but I see Deigo as a better wrestler
MMA
1/5/09 5:30:05PM
I'm going to see how Diego deals with the weight cut before making a prediction. :)
prozacnation1978
1/5/09 6:17:52PM
it will happen by end of the year but i think kenny will beat him by what ever he wants
EvenFlow
1/5/09 7:45:49PM
Sherk and Diego both LnP wins on him or TKO him. As far as BJ goes, lol worse.
jocka
1/5/09 10:14:50PM
I hope this fight happens am such a big Kenny fan. His stand up and ground game have never looked better, he always tried to finish a fight plus and he is so respectful. I don't care who Kenny fights i will always take his side even when he fights BJ.
coldchillin
1/6/09 9:28:27PM
Diego is a bad matchup for him... Diego will only have problems with fighters who are better wrestlers than him and Florian isn't one. Diego is faster and his jiu-jitsu is just as good if not better. It would probably play out a lot like Florian's fight did with Sherk. I think Diego is going to be a monster at 155... he's going to run right through Stevenson.
Panochador
1/7/09 11:45:29AM

Posted by coldchillin

Diego is a bad matchup for him... Diego will only have problems with fighters who are better wrestlers than him and Florian isn't one. Diego is faster and his jiu-jitsu is just as good if not better. It would probably play out a lot like Florian's fight did with Sherk. I think Diego is going to be a monster at 155... he's going to run right through Stevenson.

I disagree. Diego will also have problems with guys who are better on the feet (most everybody) that can stop his takedowns. If a guy like Florian can stuff Diego's takedowns, he'd pick him apart and demolish him on the feet.

I would personally like to see Diego get destroyed by Sean Sherk for his first fight at 155.
coldchillin
1/7/09 5:04:50PM

Posted by Panochador

Posted by coldchillin

I disagree. Diego will also have problems with guys who are better on the feet (most everybody) that can stop his takedowns. If a guy like Florian can stuff Diego's takedowns, he'd pick him apart and demolish him on the feet.

I would personally like to see Diego get destroyed by Sean Sherk for his first fight at 155.

Florian doesn't have better stand-up than Diego... Diego's stand-up has improved drastically over the years. A fight between them @ 155 would be a little more competitive than their first fight but Diego is just a bad match-up for him. I don't think he would stuff his takedowns anyways... Diego would take him down at will just like Sherk did.

I would personally like to see Florian get dominated for another 5 rounds by Sherk again. I think Sherk would beat Diego as well.
StorminYourman
1/7/09 7:24:34PM

Posted by nickcuc547

100%
State_Champ
1/8/09 8:05:17AM

Posted by StorminYourman

Posted by nickcuc547

100%

Panochador
1/8/09 10:22:45AM

Posted by coldchillin

Florian doesn't have better stand-up than Diego... Diego's stand-up has improved drastically over the years. A fight between them @ 155 would be a little more competitive than their first fight but Diego is just a bad match-up for him. I don't think he would stuff his takedowns anyways... Diego would take him down at will just like Sherk did.

I would personally like to see Florian get dominated for another 5 rounds by Sherk again. I think Sherk would beat Diego as well.

Florian doesn't have better stand up than Sanchez?

What fights have you been watching? Diego Sanchez's stand up may have improved, but it's still very weak. I'm not saying Florian is the LW version of Anderson Silva, but he is FAR better on the feet than Diego Sanchez.

coldchillin
1/8/09 1:57:56PM

Posted by Panochador

Posted by coldchillin

What fights have you been watching? Diego Sanchez's stand up may have improved, but it's still very weak. I'm not saying Florian is the LW version of Anderson Silva, but he is FAR better on the feet than Diego Sanchez.

Diego's boxing looked very good against Fioravanti, don't know what fight you watched. Not to mention, he has knockout power in his hands while Kenny has shown good footwork, I just don't see the knockout power in his hands that Diego has. Diego is the better athlete as well and more explosive... it does remain to be seen how well he cuts to 155 before we can fully judge. Ken-Flo has had a lot of success against fighters when his jiu-jitsu is superior but we both know Diego has a slick ground game as well if not better.

If Penn beats GSP, I see him dropping the LW title and the UFC will probably have a Sherk-Florian rematch for the title. If he loses, then he probably defends his title against Florian.
Bobby-B-Bonkers
1/11/09 6:39:18PM
Florian after a long fought war by split.
Aether
1/11/09 9:08:50PM
I think this fight would be WAY more competitive than the first matchup but I still think Diego would win mostly because of his strength and superior jiujitsu. I have to agree that Kenny has the better standup though, I didn't find Diego's performance against Fioravanti to be very intelligent or impressive... I think he struggled quite a bit with a not-so-great striker to test his striking instead of taking the fight down and ending it.
Pitbull09
1/11/09 9:55:44PM
I don't understand half of the opinions in here. Kenny by sub sounds off as Diego has really good ground skills and BJJ. I say the fight could be a technical stand up war that ends up going to a decision.
Bobby-B-Bonkers
1/12/09 3:42:01PM

Posted by Pitbull09

I don't understand half of the opinions in here. Kenny by sub sounds off as Diego has really good ground skills and BJJ. I say the fight could be a technical stand up war that ends up going to a decision.

and Kenny doesn't have bjj skills of his own?

as i do think it could be a standup war, i'm not against the fact it could be a battle of bjj as well
tylerdurdin83
1/12/09 3:53:56PM
I dont know why people say Kenny has good stand up. He has good kicks I give him that but whenever I watch him fight I think he throws those kicks because he is afraid to get close and get punched in the head. I never took him seriously. I just remember him getting manhandled by Diego years ago and he has done nothing to impress me in the likes many people make him out to be.
slapshot
1/13/09 6:04:37AM

Posted by Panochador

Posted by coldchillin

I dont think kenflo has better wrestling BJJ or striking and I dont think anyone feels Kenny is stronger so in my mind its Diego's fight to lose. I think people overrate Kenflo alot I can think of 5-6 fighters that would give him a hard time and 4 that I would be surprised if he beat them.
HumanTarget
1/13/09 10:57:56AM
Did you watch the Joe Steveson fight? People thought it would be a close battle.

Kenny kicked the shit outta him with punches kicks and knees with ground control. Steveson is a great fighter too, if someone handles him that easily then look the **** out.....
RhythmAndStyle
1/13/09 9:35:56PM
gotta go with Sanchez..think Sanchez is just gonna take him down and GnP or submit Florian..Florian does bad against great take-down fighters like Sherk and Sanchez...
Pages: [1] 2