Kenflo and Stevenson confirmed for UFC 2009- there are screenshots.

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Kenflo and Stevenson confirmed for UFC 2009- there are screenshots.
seanfu
11/24/08 3:34:19PM
http://sports.ign.com/articles/931/931594p1.htmlIGN Article (Pictures)

Kenflo and Stevenson are confirmed for the game. Not big news but there are pictures, and at the IGN site there are video interviews with fighters about their thoughts on the game.
Mayhem13
11/24/08 3:39:21PM
damn, looks just like them.
Darnok
11/24/08 4:13:18PM
This game is going to be awesome.
aaa9erh8er
11/24/08 4:18:51PM
idk i think it may be a let down like id be willing be to bet that its fighter biased. and if your good with say shogun and your geek video gamer friends comes and owns you with like matt aerra.
xAcidburNx
11/24/08 4:28:17PM
im gonna play this game for a month straight. not gonna go to work. not gonna go to training. gonna gain like 15 pounds in pizza pops. its gonna ROCK!
manalito
11/24/08 4:46:28PM
So does anyone have a roster of fighters so far??

From what ive seen and heard, they have:

Chuck Liddell
Rampage Jackson
Brock Lesnar
Noguiera
Brock Lesnar
GSP
BJ Penn
Joe Lauzon
KenFlo
Joe Stevenson
Forrest Griffin
Jon Fitch

im assuming guys from ATT, seeing as how their mamager said they signed off on the game:

Thiago Alves
Marcus Aurelio
Denis Kang, hopefully
Thiago Silva
Cole Miller
Wilson Gouviea
Roan Carniero
Glison Tiabeu
Luigi Fiorvanti
Alesio Sakara
Ben Saunders
motorboatensob
11/24/08 4:48:25PM
You know what by the time they put this game out all of the fighters will either be retired or fighting some where else. I have been waiting on this game for over a year now and I don't even play games. They keep pushing it back and pushing it back till I just don't even care any more. Maybe my grandkids will enjoy playing it.
ohiostate1016
11/24/08 5:00:51PM
We need to get this game on the Wii!!!
grappler0000
11/24/08 5:11:39PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

The Wii is a great system, but to play this game in 480p would be a slap in the face to the entire design team.
grappler0000
11/24/08 5:15:16PM

Posted by manalito

So does anyone have a roster of fighters so far??

From what ive seen and heard, they have:

Chuck Liddell
Rampage Jackson
Brock Lesnar
Noguiera
Brock Lesnar
GSP
BJ Penn
Joe Lauzon
KenFlo
Joe Stevenson
Forrest Griffin
Jon Fitch

im assuming guys from ATT, seeing as how their mamager said they signed off on the game:

Thiago Alves
Marcus Aurelio
Denis Kang, hopefully
Thiago Silva
Cole Miller
Wilson Gouviea
Roan Carniero
Glison Tiabeu
Luigi Fiorvanti
Alesio Sakara
Ben Saunders

They've also shown a few fighters getting scanned...if I remember correctly, it was Kongo, War Machine, Dean Lister, and I think somone else. Although with War Machine's departure, they'll probably just make his character into a jobber.
bojangalz
11/24/08 9:03:11PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by ohiostate1016

The Wii is a great system, but to play this game in 480p would be a slap in the face to the entire design team.

480p is just the tip of the iceburg...No digital audio is a complete joke
bls1919
11/24/08 9:44:03PM
Sweet. Good looking images. I love it that all of the shots are of Kenny dominating.
mentalcase
11/24/08 10:37:36PM
man i cant wait for this looks soo good

but the only problem is we may have to wait till first quarter of 2010 i dont want to wait that long

earliest release date was, may 22 2009

LINK
seanfu
11/24/08 10:56:17PM
I know I'm the one who posted this, and I have no doubt that I will play this nonstop as soon as I am able to get my hands on it (Lyoto Machida!!!!) but I'm going to say this now, UFC 2009 = Tapout 2 with more versatility and a better damage engine.

THQ dropped it. But regardless I am happy because they are here to stay and will eventually spit out a decent fight engine. I can only hope to god they adapted something similar or better then the Pride FC submission system.
mentalcase
11/24/08 11:42:59PM

Posted by seanfu

I know I'm the one who posted this, and I have no doubt that I will play this nonstop as soon as I am able to get my hands on it (Lyoto Machida!!!!) but I'm going to say this now, UFC 2009 = Tapout 2 with more versatility and a better damage engine.

THQ dropped it. But regardless I am happy because they are here to stay and will eventually spit out a decent fight engine. I can only hope to god they adapted something similar or better then the Pride FC submission system.

i dont think its going to be anything like the previous game that was Developed by Dream Factory and Published by Crave Entertainment,
firstly this game is being made by a completely different bunch of game developers who have been intensively studying the various fighting styles and there putting a lot more money into it cause as we all know MMA and the UFC has exploded in popularity since the time when the first 2 games came out in 02, and 03, and so theres much more money availble to them,

the game in its early stages looks great and what there saying about it its going to be completty different it has nothing to do with the first games.

what makes u so sure this game will be crap as, and just slightly improved over tapout 2?

LINK
xAcidburNx
11/25/08 1:26:02AM

Posted by motorboatensob

You know what by the time they put this game out all of the fighters will either be retired or fighting some where else. I have been waiting on this game for over a year now and I don't even play games. They keep pushing it back and pushing it back till I just don't even care any more. Maybe my grandkids will enjoy playing it.

screw that the longer it takes the better the turnout. only reason its taking longer is because there taking there time rather than pushing out some shitty game. from what i hear its nothing like any fighting game ever. watch some of danas vlogs they have some pretty good info in one of them
mentalcase
11/25/08 2:22:34AM

Posted by xAcidburNx

Posted by motorboatensob

screw that the longer it takes the better the turnout. only reason its taking longer is because there taking there time rather than pushing out some shitty game. from what i hear its nothing like any fighting game ever. watch some of danas vlogs they have some pretty good info in one of them

when creating a really good video game there's always a trade off between adding more stuff to make it better and testing everything to make sure it works properly

so the more they add to the core gameplay mechanics the more they need to test and make sure it flows well and plays smoothly

so at a point they just need to stop developing and just start refining the gameplay and its always hard to know when to stop.
dmfp
11/25/08 3:02:28AM
Anderson Silva and Wanderlei Silva will also be in the game..
I also belive the game will be a dissapointment. Im hoping not thoug
mrsmiley
11/25/08 5:27:07AM

Posted by mentalcase

Posted by seanfu

i dont think its going to be anything like the previous game that was Developed by Dream Factory and Published by Crave Entertainment,
firstly this game is being made by a completely different bunch of game developers who have been intensively studying the various fighting styles and there putting a lot more money into it cause as we all know MMA and the UFC has exploded in popularity since the time when the first 2 games came out in 02, and 03, and so theres much more money availble to them,

the game in its early stages looks great and what there saying about it its going to be completty different it has nothing to do with the first games.

what makes u so sure this game will be crap as, and just slightly improved over tapout 2?

LINK

Think of it this way:

All the previous UFC games,at best were mediocore attempts to capture what MMA was all about.Even at that time,with the sport having a small following,and with a lackluster game engine it still made enough of a profit to continue on and make more games.

Now the sport is mega popular,and we live in an age were mediocore video games soar to blockbuster expectations.This game could come out and very well be a big load of crap,but they know with the fan base bigger than ever,people will play it anyway.
manalito
11/25/08 1:17:50PM
a couple more fighter announcments from IGN:

Anderson Silva
Wanderlie Silva
Roger Huerta
Matt Hughes

will have a total of 80 fighters
mrsmiley
11/25/08 3:00:21PM
I read somewhere that Goldberg and Rogan will be playable characters too.
seanfu
11/25/08 7:40:09PM

Posted by mrsmiley

Posted by mentalcase

Posted by seanfu

LINK

Think of it this way:

All the previous UFC games,at best were mediocore attempts to capture what MMA was all about.Even at that time,with the sport having a small following,and with a lackluster game engine it still made enough of a profit to continue on and make more games.

Now the sport is mega popular,and we live in an age were mediocore video games soar to blockbuster expectations.This game could come out and very well be a big load of crap,but they know with the fan base bigger than ever,people will play it anyway.

I agree with the last guy to post on the quoted text. My simple answer is watch the Forest Rampage Trailer. What in that trailer beyond the graphics makes you nut your pants? The clinch system is slightly improved and the striking system is vastly improved. The grappling makes the game. The grappling didn't look any better than Pride FC. And everything was pretty Tekken.

With the extra year they tagged on they may get rid of some of the twitchy mechanical movements but most of the refinement process will likely revolve around collision detection.

All I'm saying is don't expect much more than your favorite names and a huge roster to beat on. I hope it's good, but it probably won't be better than Pride FC.