POLL: Who should Florian fight next?
Clay Guida 19% (11)
Frank Edgar 42% (25)
Terry Etim 5% (3)
Sherk(rematch) 31% (18)
other 3% (2)
chickmagnet
8/12/09 3:01:01PM
Kenny has some good match-up possibilities now. I think Kenny would make entertaining fights with fighters like:

Clay Guida
Sean Sherk rematch
Nate Diaz - has a fight coming up but still would be a great match-up
Frank Edgar

but I personally would like to see him fight Terry Etim, I know the ground game of Etim isnt anywhere near Kenny's, but the striking in this fight would be very interesting.

Thoughts?
KaibaThedon
8/12/09 3:13:44PM
To me it should be Frankie Edgar or Sean Sherk... Sherk is still a beast, but he's not the same guy that beat KenFlo 3 years ago, just like how KenFlo isn't the same guy who was beaten.

Frankie Edgar just beat Sherk, and with his only loss coming to Maynard, a fight with Kenny would definitely be a marquee match up.

Very few thought Edgar would take out Sherk, but he proved all the nay-sayers wrong, and I think he's ready to face an elite opponent like Kenny.
seanfu
8/12/09 3:14:04PM
I's like to see him fight Franky. I think Sherk makes a better event drama wise, but I think Franky vs Florian is a hell of a fight (war). Plus I'd absolutely love to see Edgar fight either Diego or Penn.
Irish_Pride
8/12/09 3:22:18PM
I gotta go with Frankie Edgar as well. Edgar is very talented and so is Florian. Those 2 would make a great matchup and if Edgar pulled out the victory over Florian he should get a title shot or atleast close to one.
mkiv9secsupra
8/12/09 4:26:15PM
Frankie Edgar seems a good match up and would be a great way to build up Edgar for a title shot after he dominates Florian. If not Edgar, let Diaz see what he can do against Florian (assuming Diaz beats Guillard)
nickcuc547
8/12/09 4:52:03PM
could be a perfect time for a rematch with sherk, both are looking to fight their ways back into the title picture and both at a possible crossroads in their careers.
prozacnation1978
8/12/09 6:54:42PM
next fight won't be sherk sherk fights in oct next
my best guess is a edgar or guida next in nov or dec tuf finale main event
hippysmacker
8/12/09 7:28:34PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Frankie Edgar seems a good match up and would be a great way to build up Edgar for a title shot after he dominates Florian. If not Edgar, let Diaz see what he can do against Florian (assuming Diaz beats Guillard)

I agree this would be the best choice, but if they fight I will make a 1 month Av bet and take Florian against ya.
slapshot
8/12/09 9:12:39PM
Frank Edgar has already earned his title shot in my eye's.

The road to BJ should always go through shark infested waters no matter who the challenger is because if you cant beat Sean Sherk you have no business fighting BJ for the title.

BJ is a very solid number 1
Even with his loss to Edgar, Sherk is still number 2.
Mayhem13
8/13/09 1:51:02PM
Guida is supposed to fight on 106 in november....that is a possible matchiup...although i think he may get pelligrino or stevenson.

Edgar would be the fight I wanna see most, but he may get someone along the lines of Jeremy Stephens....a tough kid, that Florian should beat and get back on the right track.

I would also love to see Maynard vs Florian, when/if Gray beats Huerta
mkiv9secsupra
8/13/09 3:54:58PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

I agree this would be the best choice, but if they fight I will make a 1 month Av bet and take Florian against ya.

its a deal.....IF they fight
Violence108
8/13/09 3:58:32PM
Kenny is now makeing his 3rd run for the title, he beats everyone but the champ. So i dont think it matters how he fights , i think he will win. I say give him a contender like Tyson, or Franky someone that will shoot him back up into the title picture again. I like the Sherk rematch idea alot , and its very marketable to, anyways i would like to see him return soon.
jae_1833
8/14/09 1:29:43AM
He could take a month or two off, then train up and rematch Sherk (if Sherk wins), wouldn't push either fighter too hard/soon. However a fight with Edgar would spell disaster....like Forrest getting KOed by Rashasd and then fighting A Silva right after!? If not Sherk then give him Guida IMO.
whardin19
8/14/09 5:48:13PM
I want Guida vs. Florian. Both coming off losses both would be served well with a win over the other.
Sinister
8/19/09 6:27:50PM
All of those are good matchups. I would like the Sherk fight but if he lost it could do his career more bad than good. Sherk lately has been obsessed with standup/ not wrestling/ losing decisions so I think Florian would most likely win.
adamsb
8/19/09 11:26:13PM
i would say the fight with edgar because he showed grate boxing in his fight with sherk and would give kenny a run for his money and it would show us if edgar is ready for i title shot
higdon10
8/20/09 11:30:47PM
Tyson Griffin