BJ V. KenFlo 2% (1)
Kenny V. Diego 42% (20)
Frankie Edger V. BJ 8% (4)
Kenny V. Frankie 25% (12)
Diego V. Frankie 2% (1)
Other? 21% (10)
submissionartist1
12/13/09 4:51:35PM
Where did Ufc 107 leave the lightweights?
LesnarISjesusWITHnoBEARD
12/13/09 5:25:20PM
BJ doesn't really have any competition right now, and KenFlo and Diego both have work to be done before they get another title shot. I see Florian getting another shot before Diego, but they both probably need to win a couple more fights. Maybe after GSP disposes of Dan Hardy we'll get BJ/GSP III.
Aaronno9
12/13/09 6:47:00PM
Sanchez Florian 2 needs to happen i'd say. B.J should fight Frankie, or the winner of Gray vs Diaz. If thats the case, id like to see Frankie take on Joe Stevenson. The LW division is pretty stacked if you take B.J out of the frame. I guess the highest anybody can aim is number one contender, becouse frankly, nobodies coming close to Penn at 155 in the UFC.
tcunningham
12/13/09 6:57:28PM
the LW div. has some up and coming guys like Maynard. Who knows, maybe after a few fights we'll see some new contenders. I think we're going to see BJ go a long time until he actually has a close fight.
tepid55
12/13/09 8:33:48PM
I think we might see Penn/Sherk 2 if Sherk wins his next fight.
hippysmacker
12/13/09 8:58:49PM
I like Griffin/Edgar 2 for a title shot . Or If Maynard beats Diaz, have him face Sherk ,and the winner goes next.
JimiMak
12/13/09 9:46:33PM
I think that just this thread has come up w/ three or more good enuf contenders. This doesn't include possible international talent nor that a guy could get a shot yesterday or today and that in 3 years he could be that much better that there's always guys. I hate when ppl talk about cleaning out a division. I also hate when we get constant rematches. I think a truly dominant champion who doesn't get injured should face the next guy three(ish) months later. It's not about finding number one again have him face number two or three. A really dominant champ like BJ or ASilva or Fedor doesn't always have a "number one guy" to face but in an org you have five or ten lined up guys. Let a dominant champ run through them. All the guys that might deserve a shot. If they fit into scheduling and looking for a worthy contender, give them the opportunity to fight the best in the world. I don't like the idea of champions thiniking ppl don't deserve fights. As a champ you should want to beat all of the top ten. Maybe again and again if you're that good. Champs should defend belts 3 or 4 times a year, injuries permitting, they shouldn't take time off for lack of "worthy" contenders.
jae_1833
12/14/09 12:52:10AM
Maynard is where he needs to be if he gets a victory over Diaz....If Miller beats Sherk then I'd say he was ready....Edgar is ready if he gets another good victory.....Same with Tyson....should be enough to keep him busy through 2010.
Chuteboxer
12/14/09 10:56:46AM

Posted by jae_1833

Maynard is where he needs to be if he gets a victory over Diaz....If Miller beats Sherk then I'd say he was ready....Edgar is ready if he gets another good victory.....Same with Tyson....should be enough to keep him busy through 2010.

Gray should get the next shot if he wins. Frankie after him, I say.

Or heck, you could do it the other way around too. I'm not sure exactly. Maybe Frankie and Gray should face off first if Gray wins against Diaz..
emfleek
12/14/09 11:15:14AM

Posted by LesnarISjesusWITHnoBEARD

Maybe...we'll get BJ/GSP III.

Please, God. NO.
submissionartist1
12/14/09 6:39:51PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by LesnarISjesusWITHnoBEARD

Maybe...we'll get BJ/GSP III.

Please, God. NO.

the_01
12/14/09 10:29:51PM
This is the pinacle for BJ, and there is no way other than down. I wish BJ would retire as soon as possible if he wants to sustain his legacy, otherwise hes in the same tracks as Chuck and others that didnt know when to quit, and wrecked everything they have built through out the years. If your reading this BJ, think about it.
RearNakedJoke
12/14/09 10:30:27PM
Clay Guida v Frankie Edgar

Gray Maynard v Tyson Griffon

too bad tyson and gray are both xtreme couture.

are the couture guys really big on not fighting each other?

also i think Florian v Sanchez makes sense and would be a great marketable fight.
gartface
12/14/09 10:57:08PM
Penn vs. Maynard. I don't understand how Gray could beat Frank Edgar, and then somehow get leap frogged. Makes absolutely no sense to me.
Lil_Copper
12/15/09 2:09:50AM
If Diego and KenFlo throw hands.....
I really hope Sanchez wins, because I dislike KenFlo.
Kpro
12/15/09 11:27:48AM
I agree that Gray has to be next with a win over Diaz.

He already solidly beat Edgar and Kenny and Diego just had their shots.
roadking95th
12/15/09 12:11:04PM
Surprised that Gray vs. BJ wasn't an option. Assuming Gray and Edgar don't lose in the mean time, they should be the next two in line.

After them, who knows. Perhaps involving Sherk, Diego, Griffin, and KenFlo in some sort of elimination fights could sort out another challenger.