Kendall got a gun pulled on him in Canada!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Kendall got a gun pulled on him in Canada!
Stickan
7/31/07 1:29:25AM
Great video interview with him about his preparations for Patrick Cote and a big fight he got in to after buying something (weed maybe?) in Edmonton, Canada.

Look for Kendall to be the next one testing positive for marijuana.
Kastro
7/31/07 1:37:46AM
I like Grove.. he needs improvement but he seems like a down to earth, understanding person with a great personality..

Im Canadian and I will be pulling for Cote, but I see Grove winning this..
kerazzle
7/31/07 2:11:07AM
From canada as well and although Cote is a tough guy and ill root for him, I think Kendall will win most likely by decision
Scott_Revels
7/31/07 2:20:12AM
I'm not Canadian, but I also like Cote, but like won't help him win. Ortiz might not be that great anymore, but he is making a great fighter in Grove (Hamill too, to a lesser degree, because nothing Ortiz can do, will help him against Bisping.), and Ortiz has beaten Cote before. I'm sure Cote has improved some since the Oritz/Cote fight, but Ortiz having been in the ring with Patrick will know more about him, than Kendall would find out otherwise. I really think that Kendall's height, and arm reach is too much for Cote, and if it goes to the ground, Cote will be seeing flashbacks of Lutter and the TUF4 Finale. Cote needs to ask Matt Serra if there is a hint or secret method to getting Miracle Punches, cause that's what Patrick will need to win this.
Stickan
7/31/07 2:28:58AM

Posted by Scott_Revels

I'm not Canadian, but I also like Cote, but like won't help him win. Ortiz might not be that great anymore, but he is making a great fighter in Grove (Hamill too, to a lesser degree, because nothing Ortiz can do, will help him against Bisping.), and Ortiz has beaten Cote before. I'm sure Cote has improved some since the Oritz/Cote fight, but Ortiz having been in the ring with Patrick will know more about him, than Kendall would find out otherwise. I really think that Kendall's height, and arm reach is too much for Cote, and if it goes to the ground, Cote will be seeing flashbacks of Lutter and the TUF4 Finale. Cote needs to ask Matt Serra if there is a hint or secret method to getting Miracle Punches, cause that's what Patrick will need to win this.

I don't think Tito and Kendall are training together any longer. They had a falling out and some fighters left Tito´s camp because he didn't have the time to spend on them they felt they needed.
But I think Kendall is training with Extreme Couture right now so he probably has even better training now.

I have a hard time picking this fight though. Kendall has been knocked out in the past, Cote still IS the better stand-up fighter of the two and taking him down and submitting him isn't an easy task.
Scott_Revels
7/31/07 2:40:57AM

Posted by Stickan

Posted by Scott_Revels

I don't think Tito and Kendall are training together any longer. They had a falling out and some fighters left Tito´s camp because he didn't have the time to spend on them they felt they needed.
But I think Kendall is training with Extreme Couture right now so he probably has even better training now.

I have a hard time picking this fight though. Kendall has been knocked out in the past, Cote still IS the better stand-up fighter of the two and taking him down and submitting him isn't an easy task.

Travis Lutter would disagree with that. I will admit that Patrick has skills on the ground, but the better guys on the ground, like Lutter and Doerksen, are able to finish him. I think Kendall has grown in ability to at least be able to submit Cote. I don't expect this one to be finished as quickly as the Lutter fight, but I don't see it going all the way either. I suspect Kendall will finish him in the second round.
owen1
7/31/07 9:53:12AM
I can see kendall geting the better of the standup in this fight i know cote has good hands but kendall just improves so much between every fight..i think kendall will win by sub in round 2.
nubby
7/31/07 10:46:23AM

Posted by Stickan

Posted by Scott_Revels

This is the second time I read on these forums about a supposed falling out. Yet I have not been able to find a single piece of evidence that suggests its true.
Junglelove
7/31/07 12:29:00PM
Kendall looked very impressive vs. Belcher in his last fight. I find it kinda ironic that he got a gun pulled on him in Canada lol, but I've heard Edmonton is full of wannabe thugs and what not so I guess that's not that far out of the realm of possibility. As far as his fight with Patrick goes I think that it will be a good striking bout but Kendall will get the better of it, I'd say by decision as I don't forecast either of these two really knocking out their opponent.
SpiderSilva
7/31/07 7:15:56PM
Cote might be able to overpower Grove other than that Grove most likely will tap Cote
Cobbs666
7/31/07 10:30:51PM
"My buddy had what we came there for" " we got what we came there for" obviously weed or some cheap canadian prescription drugs
Ultimate_fighter
8/1/07 1:57:50AM

Posted by Kastro

I like Grove.. he needs improvement but he seems like a down to earth, understanding person with a great personality..

Im Canadian and I will be pulling for Cote, but I see Grove winning this..

Im from Canada...i want Cote to win,... but i picked Grove for this one.. he is too much for cote