Kendall Grove vs Wilson Gouveia @ UFC 101 ?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Kendall Grove vs Wilson Gouveia @ UFC 101 ?
MMAcca
3/12/09 6:19:29PM
“A couple of guys they’re mentioning is they want to see me and Marquardt or Gouveia. They think Gouveia would be a good test for me. It’s just like fighting any of the other guys; show me the money. I gotta feed three mouths now instead one. I’m down to fight anybody.

I talked to Joe Silva and he said no later than August, so I hope to get on the Penn-Florian card and get one more victory.

LINK
Aether
3/12/09 6:22:32PM
I think Wilson would put Kendal away pretty handily, and I've never been all that impressed with Wilson.
grappler0000
3/12/09 6:24:23PM
Bad matchup for Grove...I smell a TKO coming his way.
higdon10
3/12/09 6:27:53PM
Both Marquardt and Gouveia are out of Grove's league. I think that Grove is about to get knocked out again.
wrona666
3/12/09 6:29:34PM
Grove will get KTFO within the first 30 seconds guarenteed.......
Mr_Dead_Sexy
3/12/09 6:30:37PM
Grove and JMac would be a much better match up, IMO.
gabe531
3/12/09 7:16:17PM

Posted by Aether

I think Wilson would put Kendal away pretty handily, and I've never been all that impressed with Wilson.

i read this and thought i already posted on this post. very well said, couldnt have put it any better.
bls1919
3/12/09 7:34:46PM
Gouveia would take Grove out in short order. He would connect and out go the lights.
LakieMan
3/12/09 7:45:43PM
I believe Kendall is about to get beat again, Nate can do it for sure, sort of iffy to Wilson, but I believe he could do it as well.
sparky
3/12/09 7:50:34PM
Gouveia / 1st rd / KO -TKO

I just dont see Kendall having what it takes to beat Wilson!!!!
Boo_Radley21
3/12/09 8:27:15PM
Kendall is going to sleep in the first round.
Twenty20Dollars
3/12/09 9:21:58PM
Not a smart move for Grove if he takes either matchup only because he needs money.

Because I dont see him beating either guy.
Khaos
3/12/09 9:28:20PM
Grove has a very suspect chin and it will most likely be his downfall, if the fight happens, Gouveia wins by KO/TKO in round one.
jakeiceman
3/12/09 9:55:08PM

Posted by Khaos

Grove has a very suspect chin and it will most likely be his downfall, if the fight happens, Gouveia wins by KO/TKO in round one.

Grove's chin is a delicate peice of china.

Gouveia KO rd. Uno.
CwB
3/12/09 10:06:41PM
Does anyone on this website seriously think that grove will win cause i agree with every other post before me
i dont see kendall winning this fight at all, i think he is outclassed in every aspect by gouveia
Aether
3/12/09 10:52:08PM
I don't think he's outclassed in EVERY aspect... I would say Kendall has better BJJ, I just don't think he will ever get a chance to use it because he won't be able to take Wilson down. Other than that though, yeah Wilson is better in all areas I would say.
Aaronno9
3/12/09 11:42:28PM
Sucks for Grove. He'll get bossed about for 3 rounds by Nate and k.o'd quick be wilson.
madmaltese
3/13/09 12:39:44AM
Looks like Grove is looking for an express route out of the UFC if he seriously wants to fight any of those two atm. Both would put him away easily.
motorboatensob
3/13/09 5:35:01AM

Posted by Khaos

Lets see he took a straight shot to the face and Cote got him right on the chin what about that makes his chin suspect. Thats like everyone saying Wandys chin is suspect. Wandy took a leg kick to the head by Cro Cop he got nailed in a three round war with Hendo and then drilled right on the button by Rampage. If those are suspect chins then everyone in MMA has one. Grove will do fine his reach will let him stay away from Gouveia. This is still the same guy who destroyed Alan Belcher.
Pookie
3/13/09 5:52:14AM
Well youre making the assumption that Cote has Rampage, Hendo, and Cro-cop type power.

And your also forgetting Rivera did the same thing in the following fight.

Grove has a sub-par chin.
whardin19
3/13/09 7:34:31AM
Grove will beat neither Nate or Wilson. He better be looking at other opponents. Nate will dismantle him. Wilson would be a closer fight but I think Wilson would KO Kendal late in the 1st. They both are known for having weak chins so it could go either way.
breakdown5
3/13/09 9:52:59AM
I really am uninterested in this fight. Both Gouveia and Marquardt would take out Grove in the first. Grove needs to be a little less anxious to take such a big leap up in competition, maybe fight someone who isn't so close to the top of the MW food chain.
Subterfuge
3/13/09 1:58:43PM
I think Grove should have packed his bags and left with Day.
prozacnation1978
3/13/09 7:36:30PM
pretty bad matchup
wilson is a ko artist he will have kendall number in the first
Aether
3/13/09 10:55:05PM

Posted by motorboatensob

Posted by Khaos

Lets see he took a straight shot to the face and Cote got him right on the chin what about that makes his chin suspect. Thats like everyone saying Wandys chin is suspect. Wandy took a leg kick to the head by Cro Cop he got nailed in a three round war with Hendo and then drilled right on the button by Rampage. If those are suspect chins then everyone in MMA has one. Grove will do fine his reach will let him stay away from Gouveia. This is still the same guy who destroyed Alan Belcher.

Well I'd say a fighter with 16 total fights and 4 losses(25% of his career) by way of brutal knockout (not talking TKO, talking ASLEEP) could be said to have a pretty suspect chin. It's not just about getting knocked out or by whom it's how it happened and how frequently it happens that is important. A ref stoppage by TKO where a fighter is dazed and taking damage is a lot different from your brain shutting off completely. It's also not like he has absorbed a whole lot of punishment in his losses, he seems to go down pretty fast after just one reasonable connection whereas most fighters would be able to take a flurry of similar strength before going down. Most "KOs" are actuall TKOs... Kendall's are all him getting completely KTFO
coldchillin
3/13/09 11:41:54PM
I think a fight against Gouveia would be much more competitive than a fight with Marquardt... Nate is a terrible match-up for him.