Kendall Grove vs Ricardo Almeida

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Kendall Grove vs Ricardo Almeida
RhythmAndStyle
4/13/09 4:42:04PM
i was goin through my picks and found at UFC101..they have listed Kendall Grove vs Ricardo Almeida..if this fight actually happens..who would u take?..gotta go with Almeida via 2nd/3rd round sub...
Franklinfan47
4/13/09 4:54:10PM
I like Almeida by sub in this one as well...probably in the first.

Grove has looked good lately, but I think Almeida is much more technically sound, atleast in his jj.
UFCmma666
4/13/09 6:36:19PM
i can see almeida subbing kendall but i can also see kendall picking him apart with his long reach but i dont think kendall can defend the takedown but i guess a pretty close fight
AussiePride
4/13/09 8:55:00PM
i havent seen much of ricardo, only against cote at ufc 86 he has a good guard and is a bjj blackbelt. Kendall has a big reach and great striking, i think Kendall has this one by first round KO.
chitown97
4/13/09 10:20:17PM
I think Almeida will be able to get inside of Kendall's reach, especially when Grove goes for the clinch and take him down. His long limbs will be an obvious target for Ricardo's superior jiu jitsu. We shall see though.
NatedawgThaM
4/13/09 10:49:31PM
Very very interesting fight. But I don't really see Ricardo subbing him. I think Kendall will be able to use his reach in the striking and out point him for the win. I'll go Grove decision but I wouldn't be shocked if Almedia caught him either.
mkiv9secsupra
4/14/09 5:19:50PM

Posted by AussiePride

i havent seen much of ricardo, only against cote at ufc 86 he has a good guard and is a bjj blackbelt. Kendall has a big reach and great striking, i think Kendall has this one by first round KO.

Kendall's striking is mediocre at best, great is a huge overstatement. His only saving grace with his entire standup game is his reach. Also if Cote couldn't KO Almeida, the chances of Grove doing are significantly lower and really unprobable.

My pick is Almeida by UD, I think Kendall is good enough not to get subbed
deck15
4/14/09 11:12:22PM
bad fight for Almeida, I think Grove will stay on the out side and win a boring jab fest. If Grove get too happy and gets taken down tho its over Almeida is a beast on the ground and can tap anyone.