KENDALL GROVE TO FACE RICARDO ALMEIDA AT UFC 101

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » KENDALL GROVE TO FACE RICARDO ALMEIDA AT UFC 101
Wolfenstein
4/8/09 12:31:33PM
Although an official announcement has yet to be made, sources close to the situation have just informed us that UFC middleweight contenders Kendall Grove and Ricardo Almeida have agreed to face each other at UFC 101.

link
Wallass
4/8/09 12:48:02PM
I thought Almeida was moving to Welterweight? Im gonna say Almeid by Triangle in the first round. I`d like to see him take on Maia.
DCRage
4/8/09 1:01:34PM
I read an item on Mania earlier about that. He is...just not yet. Won't be until at least after his next fight.
KaibaThedon
4/8/09 1:12:59PM
what happend to "my team says the guys im fighting at 185 are too big and im going to drop to welterweight"?

I think I'll still take almeida by submission in this one though
sparky
4/8/09 1:39:22PM
Almeida is definitely the favorite but I believe Kendall may beable to pull off the upset!!
Pookie
4/8/09 1:46:00PM
grove has some long limbs for almeida to get ahold of
Twenty20Dollars
4/8/09 1:59:18PM
well you see the thing is....other guys at 185 are bigger than ricardo just not grove in a weight sense.

Tough fight to call, Im kinda leaning Grove but I dont think Kendall has been able to use that reach to help him in fights.

So prolly almeida can get grove to the ground and work a sub or grind out a decision.
chitownsfinest15
4/8/09 2:36:54PM
Almeida rd 2 submission...grove has way to long arms and legs and almeida is a submission machine...he will get caught...
kaduey
4/8/09 3:28:17PM

Posted by chitownsfinest15

Almeida rd 2 submission...grove has way to long arms and legs and almeida is a submission machine...he will get caught...

Grove will take this one my TKO. His biggest weakness is his chin and Almeida doesn't knock people out.
wrona666
4/8/09 3:57:10PM

Posted by sparky

Almeida is definitely the favorite but I believe Kendall may beable to pull off the upset!!

I was thinking the same thing......Groves weakness is his chin, and i dont think Almeida will be looking for a KO so if Kendall can keep the fight standing he could win this fight....
prozacnation1978
4/8/09 5:17:16PM
this fight should be on main card but i think almeida will sub him out
Pookie
4/8/09 5:22:03PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Tough fight to call, Im kinda leaning Grove but I dont think Kendall has been able to use that reach to help him in fights.

In just about every fight kendall has won hes used his reach effectively.
billycarnage
4/8/09 5:44:40PM
When you fight Ricardo Almeida your weekness becomes BJJ. I got Ricardo winning this quickly. Grove must stay on his feet at all cost.
LakieMan
4/8/09 6:46:30PM
Almeida will take this by sub in the 2nd.
Mayhem13
4/8/09 7:57:57PM
I like both fighters, and figure Almedia should be the favorite...but if the +2 is available for Grove I think I feel comfortable taking that risk..Grove has looked tough in his last 2 fights.

His groundgame is solid...he's not on the same level as Almeida..but he's better then average..his standup has looked real good, and I think if he can use his reach and outwork Alemeida he can tire him out and win a decision
bls1919
4/8/09 9:04:54PM

Posted by kaduey

Posted by chitownsfinest15

Grove will take this one my TKO. His biggest weakness is his chin and Almeida doesn't knock people out.

No he doesnt, but he will crush your arm if left in a bad position. I see Almeida taking grove down or pulling gaurd, and making the giant hawaian tap.
UFCmma666
4/8/09 10:52:47PM
im sayin kendall by knockout
WheelchairBandit
4/9/09 5:22:55AM
Grove nearly got tapped out by Ed Herman a couple times in their fight.I'm taking Almedia by sub,Round 2.If Cote couldn't put away Almedia,I don't see Grove doing it either,and Grove's TD defense is no where near as good as Cote's.

WB.